My first map ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, ok I decided to get into mapping, and since i can model, skin, animate and create textures for maps, i thought i should give mapping a try :D. And I really like it...modeling is fun and all, but mapping just makes me horney :p. But I did have a question, where is the ESF hull.txt file? the esf mappers kit link is down and i think its been down for some time. Can anyone post an alternate link? btw, here is my first map :laff:

http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/1638/sp32170620050312369cx.png

its a start I guess. Big love to DJ-Ready for the tuts :D.

[edit]

bleh nevermind about the hull, i think i got it now :).

Best answers
it's basic so you did learn the important thing, now just learn easily how to make more advanced maps, but you should learn it yourself, when i learned the basics i made my house in rats mode (that means that you're as big as a rat :p) (i don't play esf anymore but still have it) and don't worry about textures yet, first learn using hammer and entities :)
ps. i never made a serious esf map but i released space_infinite pack on esf-world ( it really sux but made for fun) , anyway, good luck with the rest :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea. Very basic. But it's a start. Just keep at it. Hammer takes a bit of getting used to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, I want to get into advanced stuff, but im having a problem compling. There is always a problem with something :p. But I think I got it covered :D.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jack of all trades eh? ^_^ im sure ur gonna conquer this like everything else =P... if u ever want any map concepts just kick me, >:/ i have a few idea's i'd love to see mapped :x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES! My first map ever :D

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/1090/100005xm.jpg

That was surprisingly easy! And yes david, me and you are going to have to team up and make some pwnage esf levals :D. Now im going to go to create my own .WAD :D. All thanks to DJ-Ready and Redfox McBeth who helped me setup a batch compiler.

[huggles]

Best answers
Jesus Christ! XD. You never stop learning do you? =P. Looking like your learning some ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_< .... zomg... when i tried mapping i couldnt compile at all <_< .....

nwayz i gues enix will be the hl engine hisself o_o *ouw jesus chris*

heh ya really a geek :p awesome... petty awesome... :D now pimp us a real package with models,anims and maps :p

may you will code an own mod urself :p hehe called : Teh EnIx Modeh

hehe your freakin awesome XD

Best answers
i wanted to say take it easy but, you're fast with learning you know, making a wad won't be easy but i won't say anything about that after looking at your work
i see a great mapper coming in the future now :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tried my hand at mapping but lost interest as i never found the time to map. You seem to be picking it up and getting alot further then i did when I attempted hacking (I....er... mean mapping XD)

seems like it's good someone who is new to mapping :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mapping is my favourite of all the modding trades. I just never stuck to it. :(

Hope you keep at it, ESF needs more good maps! =D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mapping is pr0n \o/

Nice Start.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Mapping is my favourite of all the modding trades. I just never stuck to it. :(

Hope you keep at it, ESF needs more good maps! =D
True that.

And since you model you won't have to request for models for your maps =P

That's pretty good. Keep on practicing and you'll get better and better.
The map somewhat reminds me of ESF Alpha 2.0 so it's automaticly pwnage O:

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehh, I tried getting into mapping, since I can model, skin, animate, texture, and trying to learn to code too, but it just wasnt cracking. I don't have the patience for mapping.

Good luck with your mapping, I might get into Source mapping, but not anytime soon. You look like you're doing good with the basics, so that's that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You make me want to retry my own failed attempts at Mapping....althought for the old HL1 engine I did make a convincing recreation of my own home...lost to the ages though.

Keep at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom