My computer is slow as hell....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My computer is slow as hell. Im running a P4 1.6 Ghz, with 256 MB of ram, on Windows XP Pro, and EVERYTHING is slower than molases, Is there any reason why? Or can't I do anything about it?

PS: I've defraged, and done all that, It's still slow as hell.

Can anyone help me?

Best answers
Kick it in the nuts

No seriously, those are about the same specs as mine...maybe you have too many programs running or something like that, check your system for spyware.

Best answers
You shouldent be having probs wit it, it seems good. maybe the programs that are running whilst u have the comp. on?
Try and close things u dont use.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://spybot.eon.net.au/

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea for you (and really everyone else) to visit the above site. A lot of what slows ppl's computers down is spyware that's running unbeknownst to the user. Everything from tracking cookies to crap like gator and brilliant digital technologies. When I've run this on my friends' comps for the first time, I usually find thousands of files worth of spyware. Everyone should really check this out. It's even better than adaware.

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I usually run my comp with McAfee Virus scan going, but I tried turning it off and it didnt help much, other than that, I don't have any programs runnning in the background.

I'm gona run that spyware thing when I get home, so I'll check back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom