My band.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus and S know full well I never did anything wrong from the start. They just wanted to start ****. That's their own fault.
Just a little comment before I'm done with this little argument: it isn't what you said at first, it was your reaction to the decision that the mods made.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Just a little comment before I'm done with this little argument: it isn't what you said at first, it was your reaction to the decision that the mods made.
I don't consider this an argument. But my last comment (not to get the last word in, I have no 'beef' with you [regarding this matter]). But I wouldn't have had a reaction if he, a constant troll, posted anything regarding my post in the first place. If what I said wasn't a problem, he shouldn't have scolded me in the first place. I know you don't want to be involved. But you're only proving my point.

Anyway, I'll make this thread a little more on topic since it's been derailed so much.

Do you plan on going to a recording studio and professionally recording a song or songs?

:EDIT:

I'm not sure how much studio's cost, but I'm sure they're not cheap. But if you're thinking of recording songs, I know there are softwares that will record your music to your computer, and you can compile and edit it there. Not sure if that's cheaper or not.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The last time I checked, a demo ranges from 50 € to around 200 €. An album is 200 € per song. Yeah, ain't that cheap. I am, however, working on recording a song of ours in Cubase LE, still thinking of how to put the drums and vocals in (the bass and the guitars are no problem, as I frequently record myself with it.). If anyone has an idea how to work the drums and vocals in at a reasonable quality, I'm open to suggestions.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there is an option.

First you record the thing with all of you playing. Then you use that as a refference and play along with that. One by one while listening to the recording on a headset. That way you record every instrument seperately. So in the end after you are done with each instrument. You simply pit all the instrument recordings over one another. And you have a preety decent recording.

Ofcourse that only if you can play by headphone sound alone. Since instruments heard in the BG mean quality loss.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, but here's the thing: Our drummer doesn't have his own drum kit at home. He only plays in the studio. We'd have to get that bit with something like fruity loops.

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me see if I get this "argument" business entirely straight:

FP makes a brief comment stating his dislike for the material in the video, and nothing more ("When the singer started, I stopped the video", if I may paraphrase). This, in and of itself, is his comment in regard to what he thought of the content. In a less colloquial manner, this would be the equivalent of saying "I didn't care for the vocals", at the very least, and "I didn't care for the entire performance" if you were to extrapolate the comment. Seeing as how Dan asked, and I quote, "Whatcha think?", I'm afraid I fail to see the issue. There was no insult leveled at any of the musicians. Brevity, in fact, is the soul of wit (though don't take that to mean that I found his comment witty).

Let's move on; likely keeping in mind our long-standing approach regarding constructive criticism in the graphic art sections of the forum, moves in and labels FP's comment as "pointless", as his post contained no more than his overall opinion of the song (specifically the vocals). At this point, no official action is taken, so no official "harm" is done, but the point of the thread is eluded momentarily, as 's comment is more about the validity of FP's comment. I, personally, could see how that kind of comment would be provocative, but I also cannot see how the only option by way of a response is to attack the validity of 's comment, especially given the fact that he would, in the past, always be on the lookout for criticism that isn't necessarily constructive or substantial. This disparity in opinion breeds a good handful of, eventually, deleted posts that go back and forth, more or less, in the manner I just described until Jesus picks up on a small barb left for him by FP, which provokes one last exchange that results in a warning for FP.

And that leaves the final part of this series of exchanges; that's the part where we are, now - where I step in.

Frankly, I am loath to see this as anything besides petty squabbling. There is no larger agenda here. There's no deep-seeded contempt held for any member of the community that is so potent as to boil over into constant attacks and one-sided discipline that will drive people out of the community under a veil of doing one's due diligence as a staffer. What I see is one bizarrely misconstrued comment after another that just lead to tempers heating further and further until there was an unnecessary boil-over (resulting in a warning whose footing will, hereto, be examined quite closely). It's quite clear to the uninvolved bystander that FP's comment was just meant to convey his opinion in a manner that is not at all out of character for him (his assessments are often similarly brief), and in a thread where all that was asked for was an opinion. There was no acerbic attitude, no attempt to employ a sardonic approach.

Having said that, the idea of "constructive criticism" for any bit of personal work has been a very key element in what has had to watch for in his prior moderating obligations, so it is not unreasonable for him to press for that kind of opinion in a thread like this. Labeling FP's post as "pointless" could (and should) have been avoided, but the spirit of what was trying to drive home is perfectly fair enough. Following this, a heated response about the validity of his comment was just as unnecessary as his usage of "pointless" to describe the post that came before his. In fact, Zeonix had already gone ahead and, allegedly, added details to FP's response that would have, by my guess, met with FP's approval, anyway. A simple "Zeonix hit the nail on the head" style of post could have, potentially, dismissed the issue, as "being eloquent" is not a requirement of being a member of this community. Provided you are respectful to each and every member of the community, you can choose to express yourself in a manner you deem appropriate. Besides that, this is an internet message board; what personal stake do you have in just dismissing an issue and moving on?

The matter was also not helped by trying to attack members of my staff for moving the thread off the beaten path to perform duties typically associated with moderating. It's been done so many times in the past, and I suspect will continue into the future. I would like for this kind of thing to be carried out in private, but that request has repeatedly fallen on deaf ears, so I will defer to "tradition" in that regard. Being able to derail the thread temporarily is just something that must be done from time to time in order to step in and take action. We should all recognize that.

Having said all that, the matter is over. Both parties claim to not have any personal stake in what the other does. Assuming that claim is true, neither has anything to lose by dismissing this issue as what it clearly is - a petty debate borne out of, as I see it, partly bad tempers and partly from misconstrued remarks. If neither party can condone or even understand what the other did, then you are, at the very least, asked (read: required) to agree to disagree and leave the matter behind. No personal grudges, no focused attempts to discredit the other party in or remove the other party from the community. This is done with. Kaput. Finito.

FP, I'll discuss the matter of your warning in private with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom