My Analysis Of 1.1

Best answers
Ok, 1.1 certainly improved the gameplay, thats obvious. Here are my critisms of this new version.

The sounds are one of my biggest problem. I was disappointed when Final Flash and Rezenko were not given charge up sounds as I had requested. Especially rezenko cuz it would be perfect if there were sounds of Vegeta getting pissed. Also the rezenko firing sound is not linked with the attack, meaning you dont hear it.

I also dont like the new charging sounds for GG, but that I can fix on my own. I also dont like the Ocean View sounds used for some of the characters in the game, but that I can fix.

Gameplay wise I'm disappointed at how ineffective rezenko is. Right click for other characters is FAR better. A fully charged rezenko fires 6 kiblasts in the time any other character can fire 12. Its pathetic, it makes Vegeta weaker not stronger. I only wish the charging time was much faster, so Vegeta could fire rapid amounts repetivley.

I am still annoyed how BA and FB are still screwed up. BA is still a beam and FB is still a ball. This is terribly annoying.

Beam jumping has added hardly anything to gameplay. There is only one reason why, because you can't keep a player targetted while doing this. I have suggested this before, that you should be able to keep a player on target no matter what attack you use.

Thats basically it, thanks.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought the same thing about renzoku when I first Dled 1.1, but after actually dinking around with it and taking advantage of it I don't see anything wrong with it. A minimum charge with left click gets you a small ki blob, and that's all I care about. Getting a blob on those guys before they fire off their beams. A full charge doesn't take all that long (but still too long) and the six blasts are acceptable. They make a fairly large blob, and most of them land on a swooping opponent. Personally I think it should be boosted up to 8 ki blasts with a slightly longer charging time.

I didn't like the new sounds at first either, but now that I've been playing for a while I've noticed that it really does make things feel smoother. 1.0 was a lot of loud pounding noises whenever anything happened... 1.1 is more swooshing sounds. It compliments the fact that you don't fly through opponents that you melee anymore and it isn't all about screaming over the maximum volume on your speakers. Still, that's just a preference, and everybody's will be different.

Best answers
I also dont like the Ocean View sounds used for some of the characters in the game
I actualy prefer the ocean sounds and was thinking of making a complete ocean pack.

I agree with the rezenko, from the pictures I saw I thought it was going to be realy good but when I was in game I was like...That didnt fire many...

It takes time to get used to the new sounds, I like the powerup sound though, probobly because I didnt think the old one fitted in very well...

Best answers
Sonic by right clicking any other character's ki blasts for half a second you can make a kiblob, you have to charge rezenko for a few seconds just to get the minimal charge. Its ridiculous.

Best answers
Renzoku does need some work. If they keep it at 6 blasts, they should make the charge time shorter. If they don't shorten time, give it more blast yield. An opponent on thier feet might get hit by 2, maybe 3. An opponent on the ground is always up before you charge more than 2. A 6 blast renzoku should probably take as long, if not just a touch longer to charge than a full generic beam.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I do is piss and moan about Vegeta not being right, and all they do is brush me off. Yell louder ;)

Renzoku is nice, but it needs tweaking.

Best answers
is it just me or has anyone else had a 1-3 minute long bs/ps, i was playing against the bots and he started to block my beam, which of course is fine untill i was still in the bs/ps after a minute, heres me thinking if had frozen but, after about 2 minutes he blew up, is that normal, becouse its insanely anoying, oh and its happened about 6 times now in the space of about an hr of playing and on my game i cant get trunks to do mele, it seems to be missing

Orz

Best answers
I had the power struggling problem against the bots too, Killjoy. I don't know if it's something to do with the bots or with the engine. Most likely bots if it hasn't been reported more often. The power struggle just seems to keep on going, even when your energy is entirely depleted, and one went on so long I gave up and quitted out of Half-Life...

Er, and to make this less off-topic in regards to 1.1, I think the new Final Flash sound is worse than the old one, but the other Vegeta sounds are a mild improvement. I've listened to the renzoku sound effect in the esf directory - it sounds ridiculous. I'd just laugh every time I used it.

Renzoku itself seems pointless. The right-click of a regular ki attack seems to be far more effective. Renzoku Energy Dan is only useful for charging up in advance, and then you can unleash six immediately, instead of over ~3 seconds. Good for when you're expecting somebody to attack, but not for when you need to drop a large ki blob on somebody you've just meleed.

Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
All I do is piss and moan about Vegeta not being right, and all they do is brush me off. Yell louder ;)

Renzoku is nice, but it needs tweaking.
Vegeta not right?!

Trunks is the one not right......

BA is a Ball and FB is a beam......
(hope DMZ gets it right...)

Anyways...

Vegeta's new attack is extreamly useless.. just use the right click and you can make twice as more ki blobs than you would with left click (and alot faster)

The kame Torpedoes are Useless too..the only good thing about them is that they detonate if an enemy gets near but the FLAW is that once you switch weapons they fly away...

The Small SB is a nice addition probably the only good attack added...

Also the beams look horrible...Since the beams are made with two sprites making an + they almost every time come out like this: _ |

I do like all the new GFX tweeks and new sounds.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks's attacks need to be improved!
Burning attack is a ball!!! and finishing buster is kinda like final flash!!
im with everyone else on vegetas new attack
Kame torpedos are really easy to beat, last time i just fired a weak burning attack at it n all of them flew up with the one
small SB is pretty cool! but the white glow is :\
the tails are pretty good!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Orz
I had the power struggling problem against the bots too, Killjoy. I don't know if it's something to do with the bots or with the engine. Most likely bots if it hasn't been reported more often. The power struggle just seems to keep on going, even when your energy is entirely depleted, and one went on so long I gave up and quitted out of Half-Life...
hmm yeah its a very odd bug maybe its cuz the half-life engine handles bots with some things on a different way (ofcourse) anyway what exactly happens is that sometimes after a time(mostly when your and the bots ki is down) the bot just drops down (he stoppes flying) but still can't move and not fire from then the ps never stoppes, well the only way it stoppes if one of the player dies.

Best answers
lol i just spent the last 30 frags testing vegetas renzoku and seeing if i just need practise with it for it to work good.
Now the only time i see it using effectively is when someone is swooping at you if you time it right, and when the player is in the floor.
The problem is, by the time you full charge a renzoku they are up again, or if your lucky you can hit them with full.
But it must have took 3 attempts at this combo with melee, so renzoku needs a bit more power behind it, little less charge and more shots at maximum. thats my say

and actually no, kame torpedos arent useless, use them like mines when someone is about to melee you ;)

Best answers
They should greatly reduce the charging time, thats all. So you can rpetivley toss bursts of kiblasts like he does in the show. He fires a burst breathes fires breathes and fires. Thats how it should be. They should be exactly as powerful as normal ki blasts but just fire in quick 6 shot bursts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom