Multi-hit Blasts

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ever played Super DBZ or Shin Budokai (I think Burst Limit does this as well), a beam will strike a character, but count for 5 hits, pounding against the character for 5 hits, until they are knocked back.

My idea is, if a Goku fires a **fully charged** Spirit Bomb at a Frieza, and Frieza is not blocking and the Spirit Bomb strikes him. Instead of a instant, anti-climatic explosion for such a strong attack, the Spirit bomb engulfs Frieza, pounds him either against the ground or pushes his body in the direction it was thrown. Frieza is gradually being hurt by the bomb instead of being instantly killed. Since the Spirit bomb is big, let's say it takes 15 "hits" to Frieza, each hit taking damage from the health bar until finally it explodes and takes the biggest chunk.

Think of it as a moving, physical ki blob from 1.2.

This part I think has potential gameplay mechanics: Each blast attack gets a designated amount of "hits". Kamehameha 5, Final Flash 10, etc. Let's say that Spirit Bomb killed Frieza on the 5th hit. Instead of exploding, the bomb would keep moving until it came in to contact with something/someone else. If that bomb were to hit a Gohan, it would strike him 10 more times until it detonates, or until Gohan dies and it continues it's path of destruction.

However, there is an advantage to instant detonations in the current build because you get instant splash damage and you don't have to hit your target dead on. In my suggestion, the blast would instantly detonate if it hit the ground/wall/etc. Also, beams could still be manually detonated by right click.

This "stalled' detonation would add a lot of "ommf" to attacks and would grant a greater sense of accomplishment at higher ki levels when your attacks can vaporize opponents and continue on to crush other targets.

From a gameplay standpoint, beam combos can be made, so if Goku and Vegeta shoot their respective beams at the same time at a Cell, the beams would sandwich him before exploding.

Another gameplay enhancement would allow faster, close ranged players to launch a turbo generic beam point blank without worrying about splash damage to themselves if the beam is strong enough.

Team-based tactics, like sacrificing your health by flying into an oncoming attack to absorb the hits from a team mate, Piccolo style.

----------------------------------------------------------

Also, what if certain beams and blasts would have a knockback element, to allow them to be used in melee combos or combo starters? This would be abused in stronger attacks, so I would recommend for underdog characters/moves/

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea. Beam and ball attacks never exploded on impact in DBZ, instead they basically carried the person with them, hurting them at the same time. Spirit bomb vs Freeza, Kamehameha vs Vegeta, Kamehameha vs Perfect Cell, Spirit bomb vs Kid Buu. Nor would it harm gameplay speed as far as I know.

I wonder though, would people still be able to escape from this attack? Say, Freeza has full health, he gets hit by a Spirit bomb, and at say...the 14th hit, he would barely be able to escape from the Spirit Bomb by throwing it away at the last moment, at the cost of 14/15th of his health of course. Because that would have possible gameplay consequences.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree would also be fun if you could explode the spirit Bomb with a generic ball while it is doing the Damage.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea. Beam and ball attacks never exploded on impact in DBZ, instead they basically carried the person with them, hurting them at the same time. Spirit bomb vs Freeza, Kamehameha vs Vegeta, Kamehameha vs Perfect Cell, Spirit bomb vs Kid Buu. Nor would it harm gameplay speed as far as I know.

I wonder though, would people still be able to escape from this attack? Say, Freeza has full health, he gets hit by a Spirit bomb, and at say...the 14th hit, he would barely be able to escape from the Spirit Bomb by throwing it away at the last moment, at the cost of 14/15th of his health of course. Because that would have possible gameplay consequences.
I considered that, as in if you can survive long enough to charge an attack to blast it back at the user or repel it, it would look/feel cool, but that I feel gives too much advantage to the defense. Especially if it's a weaker character against a stronger character, who could just easily send there attack back at them. There punishment for not dodging or blocking is to take the full force of the blast. What you are saying kind of fits in with how a block struggle works, especially if they are receiving crushing damage from a wall/ground.

[video=youtube;y1un4Ro9Wa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1un4Ro9Wa8&feature=related[/video]

and 1:49 is the "pro" melee advantage I spoke of.

The first attack and probably others are almost exactly what I mean.

I agree would also be fun if you could explode the spirit Bomb with a generic ball while it is doing the Damage.
I was worried that it would make the sprit bomb over powered, but after reading about ESF 1.3's "Bonus System", fun things like that could be incorporated, like beam/blast detonation, increased speed of the beam/blast pushing the victim, or even adding extra "hits" on to an attack so that even if the attack is not doing that much damage per hit, the longer duration of hits would give the power a temporary boost while stunning the enemy longer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom