More Air Control

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now you can jump pretty high, but not very far. It seems that the speed at which you can ascend/decend (moving along a Y axis, not transforming) greatly outstrips the speed you can move forward. In the show they did bound around quite a lot so I say give the players more air control over the other two axis' so they can jump around the arena like in the show rather than going up, floating forward a few inches, then falling back down again. And yes, I know you can fly before anyone says it.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ground combat became more popular this would be a super idea, but currently I'd say 95% of battles are in the air so unless there is some benefit to ground combat and more people use it, then this idea would go to waste.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good point, the advantage I can think of is bounding would take up a lot less ki than swooping, but would only be a little slower. Also flying takes up ki whereas being on the ground regenerates it. True it takes up a bit of ki to jump but it regenerates by the time you've landed.

Hopefully they'll add another advantage for ground fighting in v1.3. I remember Goku saying that Frieza fought better in the air, whereas the Saiyans fought better on the ground, but I can't remember why :rolleyes:

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Good point, the advantage I can think of is bounding would take up a lot less ki than swooping, but would only be a little slower. Also flying takes up ki whereas being on the ground regenerates it. True it takes up a bit of ki to jump but it regenerates by the time you've landed.

Hopefully they'll add another advantage for ground fighting in v1.3. I remember Goku saying that Frieza fought better in the air, whereas the Saiyans fought better on the ground, but I can't remember why :rolleyes:
Mistake in your calculations:

Goku said that he himself was better at ground combat, and that frieza is better at flight combat, but imo frieza in best in all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think this would rather improve people doing more ground combat if the team thinks of some ways to make it work together with ground melee, i actually like this idea, would be fun quickly jumping around a map and MUCH more dbz-like nice idea

Best answers
Goku hadn't always been a flyer, so maybe he was more at home fighting on the ground.
Wether or not this idea were to be used for combat, i've always wanted to travel around the map by jumping great distances like the z fighters >_<

I'd suggest:
Making the current lightly held jumps, the long jump. (near to ground level, but fast long jumps.)
The fully held jumps, the high jumps. (the current slow high jump.)

Jump around. jump up, jump up, get dooooown

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that would be cool, but shoud be disabled when your charging a beam. i mean its bad enough it happens now with the jump right whn you touch the ground, they need to find a way to get rid of that...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could it maybe work like a charge? Holding down the jump button causes the character to crouch, and the longer they crouch, the higher they go when jump is released. This solves the problem of height over distance as long as more air control is given, plus, people have wanted crouching for a while (there's a few threads on here about implementing it).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i think, just tapping would make you jump forward (and fast) and holding the jump button a bit long would make you jump high

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom