Money for the Poor?! Blasphemous!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well what about the other guys that actually did work hard for their money? They should have their money cut just because some guy invented a piece of paper with glue on the back? Yeah, that guy got off easy... and he's riding the wave pretty well right now. But for the other guys that do sacrifice and work hard.. should they have their wages cut and reimburse the rest of lower class America? I think not.. It's not fair to him.

As for the tax thing... It should be a set amount for everyone. No fluctuations based on your income. Hell.. it all goes to the US government anyways. Not to other people. Keep it how it is i guess. I mean maybe raise or lower the percentage, but keep the same concept.

I got a question though. Lets say we were to tax the rich a bit more than everyone else. What would define someone as being "rich"? $500,000+/year? A million? ect...?
A set amount for everyone? Are you insane? So you, me, and bill gates should pay 1,000 dollars on taxes each year instead of a set 20%? 1,000 to bill gates is pennies to you and me. 1,000 to you is enough to get you whatever you want. To make it a set amount is asinine. No offense, but you're way too young to be arguing about this.

I'd like you to name some people who "worked hard" for their money. And I'm not talking about going to college and getting a degree, anyone over the age of 18 with a high school diploma can do that. I mean someone who actually did honest hard work, blood sweat and tears included.

As for taxing the rich more, it only makes sense. The richer you are, the more money you have, the more money you have, the more you can give away, and the more you don't need. If you have a couple hundred million dollars, and making that each year, yeah being taxed a couple hundred thousand isn't so bad. You're going to make that up and then some easily.

Middle class and lower middle class, they don't have it as easy. Each dollar counts, especially for the people who live pay check to pay check.

Don't argue this until you live alone and actually have bills to pay.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
regarding all this, i thought we were taxing the rich more because there are quite a lot of "poories" that cant regulate taxes and basic living needs because of the, well, "poor" aspect of their lives.

i figured we'd be taxing rich people because were guaranteed to be able to get money without having to seize all of a families assets (furniture, transportation, electronics, house). in other words, richer people would be able to afford higher taxes.

thats what i figured, anyway. it only seems logical.

EDIT: or in other words, i apparently agree with what sub just said.

i didnt realize there was a fifth page to the thread.

Best answers
A set amount for everyone? Are you insane? So you, me, and bill gates should pay 1,000 dollars on taxes each year instead of a set 20%? 1,000 to bill gates is pennies to you and me. 1,000 to you is enough to get you whatever you want. To make it a set amount is asinine. No offense, but you're way too young to be arguing about this.

I'd like you to name some people who "worked hard" for their money. And I'm not talking about going to college and getting a degree, anyone over the age of 18 with a high school diploma can do that. I mean someone who actually did honest hard work, blood sweat and tears included.

As for taxing the rich more, it only makes sense. The richer you are, the more money you have, the more money you have, the more you can give away, and the more you don't need. If you have a couple hundred million dollars, and making that each year, yeah being taxed a couple hundred thousand isn't so bad. You're going to make that up and then some easily.

Middle class and lower middle class, they don't have it as easy. Each dollar counts, especially for the people who live pay check to pay check.

Don't argue this until you live alone and actually have bills to pay.
I meant a set amount as in a percentage... Sorry for the confusion. And I'm not stupid, i know the middle and lower class doesn't have it easy. And yeah I might only be 18, but i know more, and understand more than you think. Let me speak dude.

Oh, and for someone who "worked hard for their money"?

Perfect example: My dad. He worked his ass off at college to get where he's at, not to mention he worked himself up from being a standard laborer at Barton Malow Construction all the way up to being Director of Construction (the third highest position in the company). I don't know anyone else on earth that has worked harder than him, and he struggles... even with his higher income. So yeah... i think i hold a good example.

So please, give me a bit more credit. I know I'm not that old, or have much (if any) experience with the whole economy/income thing. But I do understand a bit more than the average 18 year old. At least that's what i believe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom