Modeling???Programs???

Best answers
hey all. i'm not new to modeling, and i just turned into a dbz fan. i wanted to know what programs most of you modelers use to make renders of dbz characters. i am interested in making a 30 sec cgi film of ssj3 goku and ssj4 fighting. i am currently adept in maya 6.0 and autoCAD. can you guys help?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alot of the newer guys around here use milkshape cuz its cheap, (and easily crackable)

but most of us who have been here awhile have migrated to something with more features, i reckon most of us use 3dsm but theres 2-3 of us round here i know of that use lightwave,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your just starting out, use milkshape 3d, only 30 dollars and thats it. Very easy to pick up with a few good tutorials. I still use it and I have made some good stuff. 3dsm is good, but rather confusing and expensive ((>_>)) if your a beginner with no moddeling expierence.

I would go milkshape 3d to start off with. I used milkshape for over a year and a half and it was always nice to me ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i use myself Lightwave and i know about 7 other ppl wich use that too... i think here r even more.
but some here use 3Dsm. Milkshape users r not showing up their work so often, i think its because they r still keepin learnin at it.

Ms3d is very cheap like nuttzy and crackerjack said but i would better pay some more money to get a profesional programm and to model/animate/skinmapping easier. :]

Best answers
3ds Max 7 is the best choice... And when you'll download or copy from oryginal cd tuts for it... well the tuts are great, i personaly lerned much from them, they will guide you step by step in 3ds max, so i were you i'd start with 3ds max 7...

Best answers
3d max isn't the best choice, it might be the best choice for you but you seirously havn't used every modelling program out there so yhe =p

Anyway 3dmax has a comprehensive set of tools like character studio etc and a nice reactor, it should be enough for you to complete a 30 second cg film

Good luck on it =)

Best answers
allright. thanks all. does anyone know how to make a model of ssj3 goku using maya? i can only do basic things so far, and mayas tuts are expensive and dont teach me the nuances of goku, i.e. hair and energy attacks.

Best answers
o, and in all of your opinions, what is the best dz modeling tut and where can i find it. if someone can get me a dbz tut that has ssj3 anyone, i might make it worth their while. email me at [email protected] to get the full detailss of a reward i'll be offering.

Best answers
Dont double post

Well im taking that you dont know how to model. Go into the stickies and find almighty gir's tutorial. It will teach you how to model a basic DBZ torso and DBZ arms.

There are no tutorials for making a perfect ssj3 goku or should you use one. You use your own modelling skills to make one. People dont design tutorials so you can just rip from them and call it your own "model", they make em so you can improve ;)

Best answers
No, I read that. I just wanted to know how to make the face and the hair. Can someone help???

Best answers
So you need a tutorial for everything? You can only make a face if you actually know how to model and that applies to hair as well. If you do that tutorial i assure you that you will be able to do the face. Its simple, create polygons matching the face and makes pyramids for spikes. Do you really need a in-depht tutorial for that? Please remember people make tuts for you to LEARN, not to model something you are going to use in your "OWN" cg film.

This is my opinion but a 30 second cg film isn't really that simple and if you are asking people for help on how to make face and hair, how can we help? You are looking at modelling terrain, character rigging, uv mapping, skinning, animations and modelling.

I am not saying you are incapable of it but if you are really prepared to start a cg project then i suggest you be better prepared

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I have heard from many,many proffesional CG artists:

3d studio max (spelled without caps:p) is mostly used for games. Modeling and Animating.

Maya XSI ect. - Seem to have some pretty awsome tools for making movies. But modeling in max is just the choice.

I havent heard much of lightwave but it is a very powerfull program. Milkshpape limits your abillities... But is a great program if you just want to model for games and nothing really that big.

Thats kinda what ive heard. Max is the mostly used modeling program... Especially for games.

I use max 6. Reccommend it ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you will hear here alot of comments for a modeling programm and against a model programm. Everybody recommend the model programm he use hisself.

So its your decide what you want to use. All modeling programms got anyhow the same tools. Just you use it otherwise in every program. Some tools are easy to use in a programm but in an other programm not. So decide it yourself. Nobody can tell you whats the best programm to use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^Quite true.

But believe it or not some GOOD programs like maya XSI and max differ way more than you think...

Like 3ds max is used for games mostly
Maya for movies and great rendering same ...

Just i would never learn somthing pointless(imo) like ms3d.

Max isn't that hard to start going.... really isn't...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you r not saying the truth about Max...
For example i had a hard time with MAX... i know how to do faces and polys but it is/was very hard for me. in Lightwave 3d i learned it better because it was "abit" familar with ms3d.

also LWO is a good program for rendering (it looks more realistic and its better then all ,exept Brazil) And Cinema 4D is good for movies too.

So like i said. NObody can decide for you what program is easy for you to use. but to try everything.... would be good for you because you will know the tools of every model programm and later you decide for best and easiest model prog..

GL in finding one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom