milkshape help

What do you think of this suggestion?

• It's a great idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a bad idea! Bad Alea!

• It's okay--could use a few tweaks.

• Meh, I can't think of anything better..

• Total voters
Best answers
hi i jus made my first model with milkshape, and the way i did it was put all the vertex's first then use face to make the polies out of them, and after i put them all together i was faced with one problem, the model is flat like a piece of paper, any way to make the model 3d?> help plz!!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need to build your model in all angles, not just a front view, you hafta place the vertexes in thier proper places in all views before you make the face,

Best answers
are there any tuts that shows how to do that? the other tuts in the stickies just show other ways of modeling, iam trying to find a tut that does it the way i do it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy the teacher goo Nuttzah

*wished he hada teached me.. i had to learn the hard way :/*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is why I tend to totally maim autoform but to do use those.

Best answers
here ill summarize pretty much what i did and someone tell me what i did wrong, first i used refrence pics (front and side) of someones flatshaded model (i will not say who or what, and dont worry iam not releasing anything, iam just doing it for a guide so ill get the hang of things before i take on my own model) anyway i planted the vertexes wherever they needed to be in the front view, second i used the face tool to make polies out of each one, when i was done i had the front view working nice but theres no depth to it, its flat as a pancake, thats where i need help, is there like an order to do it or do you have to do something with duplicating or extruding,or do i have to make a box and build from that or something, i tried everything i can think of and read many tuts which didnt help me much, ahh i need help!!!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well all i can say is get a side ref of it and do a side one then the back with a back ref... i really dont know i haven't modeled long...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you got a ok front view?

then select ONE vertex (or maybe the corresponding one on the other side) (leftright) and go to a side view.. then drag it in place..

when you made a "front" with this go make a back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom