Milkshape 3D...

Best answers
I apologize if I have overlooked something in the tutorial section, or it might just be that Milkshape is obsolete and no one wants to post anything <_<;
But I'm currently trying to model a saber for Jedi Academy...

I've managed to make a beta / test version of what I'm trying to make and I've read about weighing and uv mapping and all but I can't figure out how to do such.
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/417/saber6aa.jpg

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it greatly.

- Rikutian

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 spehers and 2 cylinders :-\ i dont think it will make look good...

Also i dont think that there will be any skinmap tuts. :-\ better us lithunwrap 1.3 its free and easier then ms3d ;)

Best answers
i think ms3d is the easiest model programm but dont ask me i am not a modeler...i am only a mapper

Best answers
Just one or two more questions;

It shows up like this in LithUnwrap, only holsters are textured, why?
And when I try to put the new exported .GLM it crashes my Jedi Academy as soon as a server loads..... o_O;

Best answers
xtox_nItRo said:
i think ms3d is the easiest model programm but dont ask me i am not a modeler...i am only a mapper
....definitely not,.....the only thing good about it is that it's free....i guess the best free modelling program,...well,...no =P gmax better...

maybe only the gns are textured because they are a seperate object and you only made a UV for them...=/ donno,.....i usually make my maps in 3ds and just use lithunwrap to make the bmp file....

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he said it's the easiest modeling program, not the best. and i agree with him.
heh, im modeling in milkshape3d since ive started modeling and i mastered it pretty fast.

Best answers
Milkshape only has a 30 day trial. Then you have to pay. Go look around milkshape3d.com, they have some tutorials that could help you.

Best answers
Well, I think I have everything figured out except for the skeleton for Jedi Academy... Is it the _humanoid.gla? Or is it something I need to download? Because Milkshape can't open .GLA's.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Milkshape was a killer for me, I learned the basic concept of 3D in it, but man, my models were extremely messy and waayy too many poly's used. And, idk, seems to me that ms3d is very time consuming, idk, i could model the same thing, even nicer, in half the amount of time with gmax.

...anyway, what were we talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom