Microphone

Best answers
Can you make in the new version an option to speak with microphone like CS and the other HL mods

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
it is possible but they removed/didnt added it cuz you can hear NOW DIE KAMEHAMEHA .. and that kinda crap.. mmhh yes.. you can mute them and that kinda things.. :\ but still.. i think mircrphone should be added in ESF!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would like it, because everytime i type its a opertunity for someone to attack me >_<

Best answers
wasnt there a pole about this a little while back?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yeah.. i know this is suggested before. :\ . mhh.. isnt there a file that makes it possible to use mic in esf?

Best answers
Actually I've heard that there is a way to do it but I have never heard how...people don't want that public info

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DAMMIT Add the mic! Who cares if people are retarted and spam it, that's why you can MUTE THEM!!! Jesus McChrist!

My server has spawn/chat protection but it's still annoying to be chatting and to get knocked around (no loss of health tho). I need VOICE FOR FAST-NESSS :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Microphones wouldn't fit into ESF for anything besides flaming each other. If you're in the middle of a fight you aren't going to be chatting it up with somebody about how his or her weekend was, and if somebody is firing a kamehameha across the map at you it isn't as though you'll have time to make a difference by shouting into the microphone. No one should have to mute half of a server every time they join it to prevent the 10 year olds from deafening them... we don't need it.

Best answers
I agree with sonic, many people take the game way to seriously and would only use it for flaming. I really see no point to a mic, if im in a fight, im in the fight, i dont want to hear some kid yelling crap

Best answers
omg with this kid thing i dont think that will be the main problem i just the fact that having voice comm is not practical for this kind of game

and BACK to the kid thing what happens generally with the mic is usually the opposite of what some pplz are saying when a young kid gets on the mic ppl usual are just gonna flame him for sounding so young.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People want a microphone because they are too damn lazy to hide and type. I don't want it because I'm too damn lazy to mute 8 people every time I join a room. I don't see how your argument is better than mine. God forbid I actually forget to mute somebody, or someone new comes in the room, and in the middle of a big one on one battle somebody screams "KAMEHAMEHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Best answers
good point there sonic...as handy as it is.
erm, correct me if im wrong, but couldn't you use a program such as msn voice chat and play esf , then a mic would be on?
(that would work if you just wanna use it to talk to a friend)

Best answers
god, just put in the damn game and put an off switch in the options menu so those lazy bums (yep) dont have to mute everyone
i would put it on and i think it gives more pros (chatting) then cons (pffff, i have to mute somoene, damn, click)

Best answers
I play CS all the time and the microphone is quite handy, in fact its essential for teamwork and broadcasting information that you would have to otherwise type in.

:yes: :yes: :yes: ADD Microphone please!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i agree!! ADD mic ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's not only the availability of the MUTE option, but the fact that there are COMMANDS to DISABLE voice chat for all your whiners and complainers.

-=- ADD MIC -=-

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea there could be a mute all option in config, and I think it would only be useful if you wanted to PS with someone or something like that, but I can see how people would want it, just add a mute option in the config menu to disable voice comm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom