melee/beams

what do you think of it

• sure itll help balance but who will use it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i like it alot!

• this idea is pure crap

• needs work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry if this has been said before, but on the options menu for a server could you make it so there is a melee only option, and a beams only option so that then the peopple who hate melee can live without it and melee whores can be one happy family, or the can all play together

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thats maybe something instressting
but i think the anyway must make the beam attacks more usefull

(whants a realy good power struggle)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Excellent idea! Just like in JK2, right? I always choose "Lightsaber only" games... This would be very useful for people who don't like the fact that beams have gotten a bit useless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that was exactly what i was thinking
a team member liked my idea woo-hoo!:p

Best answers
to me, i use a fairly decent combination of beams, and melee. I melee a person to the ground (MUHAHAHAHAHAH), then i generic beam them...or i use small ki blasts on them. it works pretty good...until there PLs get so high....that the people can recover from like...EVERY HIT!

Best answers
if you ask me just flying around shooting beams would get old reallll quick, might as well go play bfp :S

Best answers
thats what i do, i melee them and turn them into chocolate, i got like 10 kills in candy attack no kills :cry: . Well i dont like the idea because simply, unless they put a lil marking saying which has no melee and which has no beams , it would be crap finidng a game. Today ive been in 30 games and guess how many got kicked outve? 20, and i left 3 because admin was being an arse. so a total of 7 games, i got kicked mostly because of melee, and because they said no melee b4 but i just wasn't there. ridiculous

Best answers
yeah i think this idea isn't too grand. the way the game is now seems excellent to me. melee takes precedence over the beam attacks. thats how it is in the cartoons, so its all yep. when the next release has some more melee in it everyone will stop whinging about melee you just watch, cos there will be a bit more to melee than just swoop and hit. ( i reckon anyway)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i acctually love the melee but it would help the newbs who keep whining about melee being unbalenced somthing else to do, like when hes sick of melee he can justt go into a all beam server and have powerstuggles without being knocked accross the map ever 5 seconds

Best answers
Melee with Beams
Melee without Beams

That's as far as it should go. Taking away melee is like fighting w/ your hands up your ass and it would just be unrealistic in my opinion...

then again this is DBZ; who am I to speak of realism.

Best answers
Look the melle and the beam in ESF are nice, but the beams aren't use as much as the melee, and the melee is use so much the game get boring after a while. There has to be something more to the game like.. oh I don't know, more transformations. Gohan would be able to become the elite saiyin, Goku would be able to go SSJ3 and everything below, Vegeta SSJ2, krillin NOTHING, Trunks SSJ2, Buu and I mean if u really want to, all 3 or maybe all 4 form of Buu, fat, old, super, kid. Frieza would have all of his forms, cell would have all his forms up to perfect cell. Fusion is just a pure fantasy, the scriting alone would take many months, or maybe years. And really the dragonballs needs to be take out because, (1) in a fight no one will get the chance to use them, (2) in DragonBallz, you don't call the dragon in the middle of a fight. One other thing, the effects of close ripping and tearing could be put in.:talk:

Best answers
Clothes or body damage isn't feasible, because of the number of models needed to do it. Esp if you added all the transformations you said (which I think ESF team is ultimately aiming to do so dont worry there will be more trans!) If you had damage skins as well, the d/l would be like a whole CD size (700Mb) not to mention it would probably take YEARS to make it. (Maybe not, but I'm guessing it took 1 year to make what we got now, imagine all that again. 2 years = beta1 with damage skins)

Best answers
Maybe if the swooping wouldn't go this fast the beams would get more attention. Now you can't charge a beam without getting kicked to the ground. So i mostly just use melee;)

Best answers
i think there is a bug when a swooper gets hit by a beam. instead of actually getting hit and arsed into the ground, thye just hit it and explode take some damage and keep going. i hope they change it for the next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom