Meh new rig, bishes!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AMD Athlon Dual Core 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

1 GB of RAM

GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB (I think :p)

Heh, and to think this happened just because I didn't take my old one to repairs earlier. At least I saved my HDD :p.

And now I gots this! Couldn't be happier right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How's the 8600gt? I just ordered one myself, I hope it's sexy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well all I can say so far is that if you had a pretty crappy gfx card before like me, e.g. Radeon 9200 SE, you'll be in AWE with this one. Tried it with a few games, not only does it run smooth, the picture looks much more clearer than on my old one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't had a video card for a long time. The last card I had was a geforce 6200 agp card, and it was ok while it lasted, but it fried in a few weeks. My current system is my first that supports 64bit processors and PCI-E, so this will probably be huge for me, it should be here tomorrow. The rest of your rig looks sexy, have fun :D.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Indeed, 2gig+ is always recommended. I bought myself an 8800GTS instead rather than a 8600 because the FPS is 30% better in general all games. But further then that, nice PC. Now you can play some more games :D.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the modern age. We hope you enjoy your stay.

By the way, how'd you come into possession of that system, and what are you upgrading from?

Best answers
So, how much HDD space?

And yeah, get 2 gigs of ram.

Best answers
Indeed, 2gig+ is always recommended. I bought myself an 8800GTS instead rather than a 8600 because the FPS is 30% better in general all games. But further then that, nice PC. Now you can play some more games :D.
Generally the fps difference is ... way more than 30%.

That's an ok computer for gaming, I guess. Nothing spectacular.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you're planning on playing new games, I really suggest you get another gig of ram :(
Nah, I'm not a fan of the current games, they're boring. But this'll make my FPS in the games I do play, which are more than a year old, like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, KOTOR, Vampire - Bloodlines, SKYROCKET! I'm installing KOTOR right now, cant wait :devgrin:

Welcome to the modern age. We hope you enjoy your stay.

By the way, how'd you come into possession of that system, and what are you upgrading from?
Haha, long story, my friend. About 3 weeks ago my PC started malfunctioning, couldn't shut it down properly. Then I unplugged it. The next day when I came home from school, I plugged it in, and tried to turn it on. Then it didn't turn on. Then I unplugged it and plugged it back in, waited 10 min, then it worked. Worked like that for a week. Then, it started restarting by itself in the middle of me using it, after which it couldn't start Windows again. A few days after that, when I unplugged it and plugged it back in like I always did, it would turn back on XD. Then I took it to repairs, and the guy said my motherboard was half-broken XD.

Then I got this rig. Feel free to say "way to crash your PC, noob" :D.

And previously I had an AMD Athlon 2200+, 512 MB of RAM, ATI RADEON 9200 SE. As you can see, HUGE improvement.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

This forum is just full of buzz killers :(.

Oh well, most tech people have the same "your system sucks, mine owns it into space cause I blew 5k on it so I could get 300fps in bioshock on max settings --even though 60fps is more than proficient for notice of fluid movement in the human eye-- now suck my nutz *****" attitude...

Anywhoo....my 8600 will be here tomorrow :O. I hope it's as sexy as you say.

[yes I'm poor and even with the addition of this video card, my entire system costs less than a 8800gts]

Best answers
Oh well, most tech people have the same "your system sucks, mine owns it into space cause I blew 5k on it so I could get 300fps in bioshock on max settings --even though 60fps is more than proficient for notice of fluid movement in the human eye-- now suck my nutz *****" attitude...
I don't have a killer system. I have an AMD 64 2800+, 1GB DDR-400 RAM, and a GeForce 6800 plain. My system indeed does cost less than a 8800GTS. I guess I could show off my laptop, though ;/.

BTW, "Nothing spectacular" does not mean "your system sucks".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lawl... now we can hate on all the 8800 users for s&g :laff: .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When someone makes a whole thread dedicated to his new system, then what Smith| said is kinda right >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well for people who don't have money coming out of their asses, a new system, albeit not the best, is an exciting thing. It's hard not to share your excitement.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Just because someone says "nothing spectacular" doesn't mean that he is saying the system sucks; it doesn't. He's saying that, compared to todays standardsi and what's available to purchase along with what games are coming out which require better technology, his 'new rig' is, indeed as he says, nothing spectacular.

And before you jump down my throat wanting my computers insignificant specs, they are as follows:

Acer Aspire 5100
AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MK-36 (2.0 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache)
15.4" LCD (16 ms) monitor
ATi Radeon Xpress 1100 256 MB
120 gb hdd
786 RAM DDR2

So yes, my system, is also nothing spectacular.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Meh, it's more than good enough for me.

And @ everyone 'defending' my system, lol guys, thanks but I don't rly think Smith| thought it sucked. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to more gaming XD

Best answers
My old pc that turned out to the thrash can couse the motherboard and procesor where bye bye and I had to change all >_>...:

AMD Sempron 1600ghz
DDR400 1.3 GB
256 GeForce FX5500
HDD 80gb IDE

New one(the one I bought after the other one crashed 3 weeks ago =]):

Intel Celeron D 3.2 GHZ
DDR2 667, 2GB
Gigabyte Ati Radeon HD2600 Pro 512 gddr2, with DirectX 10 support =]
HDD 250GB Sata

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom