Meet The Spartans - Does It Suck?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it is made by the creators of Date Movie and Epic Movie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, considering that Kumar was the best part of Epic Movie (that guy is awesome), I can tell I won't like Meet the Spartans.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is absolutely nothing funny about that Leonidas break dancing.

Now if he actually did it in 300 out of nowhere, then it'd be funny, but ever since Scary Movie 4, the writing has been getting cornier and cornier.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but ever since Scary Movie 4, the writing has been getting cornier and cornier.
Agreed. The Wayans brothers need to make a comeback to what they started, because these spoofs are suffering... badly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All Scary Movies have been bad, boring, childish to this far, including epic movie and possibly date movie since i haven't seen that.

Meet the spartans won't probably be any different.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen a funny spoof since Not Another Teen Movie and Scary Movie 3... I love those movies, despite their many corny flaws.

If this movie is by the same people who made Date Movie and Epic Movie then **** it, because those movies were just plain bad. It got to the point that I was making myself laugh so I didn't feel so bad for wasting my life watching the two most unfunny "comedies" ever...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
God seeing the commercials for the movie make me die a little inside.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The spoofs have been getting progressively worse since scary movie 1.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One thing I never liked about these was the horrid low-budget...well, low budget everything. I'm sure with the kind of script writing these movies produce that having a $30,000 budget is the only way to build a profit, but in my opinion, if you're not going to make something decent, don't bother with it at all.

Meet the Spartans appears to be a tad better than Epic Movie in my opinion, but only because I couldn't stand the actors in Epic Movie, nor the settings.

It really seems nowadays like they're not even trying anymore. I want to see them try to do parodies that don't involve a gallon of some bodily fluid being thrown on someone somehow, be it Aliens pissing from their fingers, Nacho Libre blowing snot onto the Harold and Kumar guy, a needlessly placed and horribly done Shrek Baby puking or a similarly stupidly placed stuffed penguin doll blowing white **** into Leonidas' face. I hate it when comedy has to delve into bad taste and crude potty humor. It's the reason I stay the Hell away from Nickelodeon (or Cartoon Network, for that matter nowadays...how did they suddenly go so ****ty?). I prefer it when the writers respect my intelligence and don't try to force a cheap laugh out of me by initiating a hundred farting sound effects, which frankly only annoys me, and hopefully, most of the rest of the people in the theater as well.

Space Balls was indeed the definition of a good parody flick. They had the low budget, they had the death star or whatever morph into a giant maid with a vacuum, they had the "Schwartz", and yet they made something memorable, something you could quote, something worth laughing at. These days, a parody movie is never taken seriously, even by the people producing them, which is why parodies with such potencial do nothing more than force me to groan.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Eh, the writing of parodies will always suck now, because under parody laws, someone can write a half assed parody script on another big title and make a quick buck off of it.

Best answers
Already seen it.. basically the first 15 minutes are somewhat funny, then the remainder of the movie is a ****ty correlation of American Idol and dancing. Atleast the actor that was playing Leonidis looked just like the one in 300... he wasn't too bad of an actor.

But yeah.. save your $6.50 fellas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom