MATRIX RELOADED Synopsis(SPOILER CITY)

eot156

E
Alright let me help clarify this for you ....

First off Smith is not absolete, he is an evolved agent who is free of the control he was under. When Neo tried to destroy him in the first movie, The Matrix somehow mixed a bit of them together which brought about the upgrade for smith. He now has his crazy ability.

For the Architect conversion. ( I mean common that was a HUGE part of then movie, if you missed the point of that you should be very confused ) See when Neo meets the architect who is the MAKER of the Matrix, he is told that the machines had always known about the anomoly which is NEO. He explained that to make the Matrix compatible with the human mind, they had to introduce the concept of CHOICE to them. This was the only way the matrix actually worked without having any problems, but there was a small problem. With CHOICE the young human mind had a choice to accept the matrix at birth, and thats how the matrix came to work, but the ones who rejected the matrix were the anomoly,and NEO was THE ONE. 99% of the human minds accepted the matrix, and NEO was the ONE who did not. This is why he had his abilities. The Machines knew of this when they built the matrix, and they used a cycle to keep the humans under control. The Machines would give the one a choice between saving everyone connected to the matrix, or Zion, and the One could take 22 people from the matrix and rebuild Zion. The other choice was for the one to return to the matrix, but all people connected to the matrix would be killed, and Zion would still be destroyed, thus ending the human race.

In the past all The Ones chose to save the Matrix and the human race and rebuild Zion with 22 people, but they did not have Love for one such as Neo's love for Trinity. This is what the machines did not count on. This is why Neo chose to go back to the Matrix, and this is what the next movie will build upon.
----------------------------------------------------------
For the ending where Neo stop the Sentinals OUTSIDE of the matrix I have 2 theories. IM PROBABLY WAY OFF ON BOTH OF THEM!

1. Neo has seen the architect, and he now is connected to the matrix and all that is connected to the matrix is connected to him. He now is able to controll machines since they are all in a way connected to the matrix.

2. There is a Matrix within Matrix, and the real world that Neo and Morpheus and all others belive in, is nothing more than a virtual world, and there is a MAtrix created within another matrix. Neo has come to realize this, and he now will be able to control things in the second matrix.

----------------------------------------------------------

LASTLY BE SURE TO STAY AFTER THE MOVIE ENDS, WATCH THE CREDITS, AND AFTER THE CREDITS YOU WILL SEE THE "MATRIX REVOLUTION" PREVIEWS. IT is super sweet!!!

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perfect synopsis. I just saw the movie last night and I thought it was incredible. Most poeple I talk to didnt like it. Most likely because they didnt understand something in the movie.

I thought the moved the story line along beautifully. And I did stay and saw the preview for Matrix: Revolutions. It was excellent.

Best answers
also, try checking out enter the matrix. :yes: :yes:
it ties in perfectly with the movie, and gives you a glimpse what happened behind the scenes with niobe and ghost. They rock, but the first time i fought a agent, i was surprized i took him out easily O_O
Last, check out the animatrix dvd coming out, with the final flight of the osaris (or something like that). That shows you how they got to know how the sentinals were coming

Best answers
You left out the part where Morpheus cuts through an Escalade with a katana. pwnage.

Best answers
you also forgot the part where Neo plays baseball with the thousands of mr.smiths coming at him in the park...that was also total pwnage. :p

Best answers
The fights in this flick are beyond awesome. I can't believe how far special effects have gone. Amazing!

Best answers
I have just one word for the movie:

WHOA

I loved the part just before the big Neo vs 100 Smiths fight when Smith copied himself into Agent Thompson.

Thompson: YOU?
Smith: Yes, me.
(Smith copies himself)
Smith: Me, me, me...
Smith Clone: Me too.

Cracks me up just by typing this :laff:

As for the fight itself... my mouth was open the whole time. Amazing! Loved the music in that scene; kinda like a Matrix version of "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars.

I've read about The Matrix Revolutions, that "it contains the most complicated special effects scene ever created". Joel Silver (the producer) said this. I'm curious on what it is, but more curious about how the story will end!

Best answers
That Guy At The computer forget his name but
Morpheus Calls On Cell Phone
Morpheus : Wheres Neo
That Guy : Doing His SuperMan Thing Again

Lol

Best answers
name was Link, awesome movie, looks like you got it pretty much summed up there, eot...

Best answers
I think you've got one thing wrong, though, but then again, I could be. From what I saw, Neo had the chance to "save" Trinity, and Zion and the human race would fall, or rebuild it with a few others. From what I understand, all previous times, they chose to "save" Trinity, and let Zion fall, as always. BUT the previous Neo were never able to save Trinity (the whole bullet in stomach thing) so, inevetably, they failed. But this time, Neo's sort of broken the chain, meaning they're still doomed, but things may not turn out as they should. Im not so sure about the Matrix within a Matrix, though Im sure its possible. Im almost certain, though, that when Neo traded off with Smith, Smith also traded off with Neo, giving him his abilities outside the matrix(sort of like your number one, only no architect). Anyhow, I figure Seraph(that chinese guy that would apologize, then whoop you silly) plays some sort of important part (in the "0100101"view, he glowed like Neo, but FAR brighter), and theres some crazy looking homeless guy that seems to know everything before hand, whom Im sure will give them clues to their salvation, or else bug them that they're doomed to fail, lol. Anyhow, I really doubt the Matrix will have a happy ending, it'd be too boring. And from the history of the Matrix as seen in the Animatrix, I say the humans deserve it, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no all the other neos never had anyone to save

the current neo was the only one with someone he cared about and he never thought of letting trinity die he was always gonna save her where as the past ones didnt have a loved one so they just rebuilt zion thus starting the whole matrix over again

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by eot156

For the ending where Neo stop the Sentinals OUTSIDE of the matrix I have 2 theories. IM PROBABLY WAY OFF ON BOTH OF THEM!

1. Neo has seen the architect, and he now is connected to the matrix and all that is connected to the matrix is connected to him. He now is able to controll machines since they are all in a way connected to the matrix.

2. There is a Matrix within Matrix, and the real world that Neo and Morpheus and all others belive in, is nothing more than a virtual world, and there is a MAtrix created within another matrix. Neo has come to realize this, and he now will be able to control things in the second matrix.
All the rest is spot-on except for these two theories. I understand why Neo can do what he did:

Because he is an anomaly, as the Matrix's cycles go on and on, the "bug in the code" that is Neo's interaction with the Matrix, gets larger and basically he is able to manipulate things more. Here's the kick in the ass that hit me walking home from the theater, though...

...Neo stopped those machines. How? Well...the Matrix is what all the humans are connected to...it simultaneously keeps them docile and controlled with it's internal environment, but yet it also takes their energy and uses it to power the machine race. Then it hit me: the machines must all be directly linked to the Matrix to draw power from it. And if Neo's "bug" powers continue to cycle he will in theory become more of a bug to the system...which will eventually destroy it, like the Architect said...but before that happens Neo might end up being able to manipulate ALL THINGS CONNECTED TO THE MATRIX.

I don't think the Matrix within a Matrix thing makes sense, personally. i think that's just people reading it the wrong way. It's possible but that's not what I gathered from it. Although you never know.

Best answers
i'm not complete stupid

but did anyone understand what the hell the creater of the matrix said. i didn't understand anything.

and what about zion. the man said it was alrady distroid 6 times.

overall: amazing movie!!!!!:yes: :cool:
and the lines:

Thompson: YOU?
Smith: Yes, me.
(Smith copies himself)
Smith: Me, me, me...
Smith Clone: Me too

were sweet to.

i have to go and watch againd to understand the complete story!:laff: (the creater of the matrix part)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically Neo is an unfixable glitch in the matrix. What they do instead is basically reset the matrix back, because the longer the bug goes on for, the more powerful neo gets, and eventually the bug will destroy the matrix and all the people will die; hence, so will the machines, so they don't want that. They planted the prophecy to get Neo and all the "Ones" before him (others with his glitch) to go back into the mainframe to save humanity...what they do is, when Neo goes back to the mainframe, the glitch in his...well, his self...the Matrix resets it gets overwritten, . Because of this, the "glitch" that the fake prophecy claims to actually be "The Chosen One" gets overwritten with the correct code when it goes back into the mainframe, and the glitch makes the matrix reset. The machine race planted the prophecy, and allow the guy to get enough done, and they've also allowed the humans to do the whole Zion thing.

What he means by they destroyed it six times before, is that before Zion can mount any sort of major opposition to the machines, they just show up and destroy it. Then, after whichever Chosen One decides to go into the Mainframe to save humanity (which is what they all chose, except Neo, who returned to the Matrix instead), They wipe out Zion and then allow the One to free 22 men and women and rebuild it again, so that the human resistence has something going for it, and has something to help facilitate the fake prophecy of the One who can end the war. The whole thing is rigged up so that eventually "the Ones" (in this case Neo) come back into the Mainframe and the error's cycle gets stopped (because the error's cycle causes the One to get stronger and the Matrix to get more unstable as time goes on, eventually destroying it and everyone attached to it). This way, no single One ever gets to that point where the Matrix will become dangerously unstable; they all chose to go to the Mainframe before Neo broke that trend, and thus the error's cycling was overwritten and stopped every time...except now, Neo's changed the game a little bit by choosing to NOT go into the Mainframe like his predecessors all did.

Whew...I'm out of breath...hope that helped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom