Match #2; Ryoko vs Valinga

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Second Match between Ryoko and Valinga... (Ryoko forced me to do it)

Friendly reminder of them rules:

1. The sig size does not matter, but it must be under the forum's rules max (600 x 200)
2. This isnt limited to Photoshop. You can use other programs. However, when posting the sig, please specify which programs you used.
3. You have up to 3 days to post your sig.
4. Anything that you did not create, you must give credit to the original author. This applies to everything. (If the original author could not be found just post a link to where you got whatever it is you got)
5. For each battle you may use an old sig. However, in the semi-final and final rounds you are required to make a new sig.

If you dont turn in your sig within 3 days, you lose. Please, no one else post anything but "good luck" or the sort before the authors have posted their sigs... just to make things that much easier. Thank you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Image found at 4chan, which is currently RIP. Long wub you 4chan~~
Stock used found in a google image search.

Best answers
pff, hard one would this be...
specially its hard because i would be on the 4th match :smile:

*To be honest I already did the hat thing, but it was before the crackerjack/unknown update. this is what I had:

1. Kairi vs 1m4 0wn y0 455
2. Kuwabara vs Metal Burn
3. MinesSkylineR34 vs King Nak
4. Ryoko VS Valinga
5. Mystix vs GK
6. Saiga vs GFK
so I guess we could just add
7. Crackerjack vs Unknown//*

I HATE YOU RYOKO, lol j/k..
no its no problem..
well i only have 1 question...(dont worry i already made the sig)
but is it ok to post a dark sig ?..well not that happy and red like the one ryoko made ( NO OFFENCE RYOKO i love you sig, really nice one )
but is it ok ?,
please reply (a judge), because i dont wanna double post to put my sig online..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made Hsu make the thread because it's pointless waiting your turn to "battle".

About your query, sure a dark sig is fine. This particular round has no set theme so you can make what you like.

Best answers
well thnx, but i just decided we should make it kinda the same, well
not that i wanna copy you because i already made the sig yesterday,
but i just turned it red to...i could change it if you mind, but i geuss you wont..

well geuss here it is so far,
no way back...all i can say is...
* i did my best and put allot of time in it *

Character Picture : keyword *mana* on google website
http://lighty.ath.cx/jrock/Malice Mizer/malicegal1.htm

Background : home made by me in photoshop, and only used photosop no other programs.
Font : By Sakuma, But Also Downloaded On 1001Fonts.com Wich we all know.
Name : Ryoko, Because this sig is to ryoko...just because, i dont want a winning battle but a friendly battle..and i would never wanna trade ryoko for somebody else to have a match with, even wenn this is my first and maybe last.
well enough of the talking.

Greetz Valinga

Best answers
Ryoko said:
I was after that font for my sig @_@
you mean, you searched that font for yours ?
hehe
well what do you think of my sig?

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
heh its called Scriptina, i used to use it, until it everyone started using it so it got old

Best answers
Ryoko said:
I was after that font for my sig @_@
I actually told you what font it was and where to get it in my special sig(s) thread, I remember you liked it and asked for it. I see my threads arent very readed :S
Anyways good job on the sigs, im not gonna critiz cuz it aint my work to do but the judge's, good luck to both.

Best answers
My vote will have to go for Ryoko on this one, and here bez my critz:

Ryoko: I love the brushing/texture on this sig. You were going for a grungy look, and you executed it very well. The stock and bg fit perfectly, and I love the way you framed her while still keeping the general flow of the sig. The text is also done very nicely. The Ryoko one, that is. Kawaii looks too bright for me, and in my opinion blends a tid bit too much. Also, one thing I dont like about the bg is how it goes from dark to bright to dark again; the contrast is too big for my taste. However the rest of the elements deff more then make up for it and you get my vote. Congratulations :p

Valinga: I like what you did with the bg, but it just isnt finished. Its too plain. You need to add texture to those smooth shapes you got there, because it just got boring to look at after a minute. You seemed to add nice textures on the right-most side of the sig, but then you kinda stopped when you worked on the left. Now, the stock. In my opinion it takes up too much black space on the left side. Instead of that you shouldve just attempted to maybe make the dimensions of the sig smaller in order for it to fit there better. Also, personally I dont like that you used symmetry. I'll admit that it looks partially ok where you put it, but it does take away from the sig itself and it makes me thing "oh, ok, he just took it and copied it. well he doesnt seem to care too much for his sigs..." Plus, I know you were going for a friendly match and all, but I think next time you should put your own name on the sig (not that this took away from your 'positive' points while I was judging, but still.)

Well, that is all. Ryoko gets my vote.

Current Score:
Ryoko - 1
Valinga - 0

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My votes goes to Ryoko.

Reason: The BG on his sig is more pleasing to the eye and I love the stock/image he used. Valinga's BG is just kind of ugly in my opinion.

Current Score:
Ryoko - 2
Valinga - 0

Best answers
how many points can you get ?
i mean how many judges will you get ?
because its now
Ryoko 2 vs valinga 0
any more judges to come? :smile:

Best answers
Hsu, Shijing, and Smurf. You could also go look in the sig tourney thread and look it up, but what the hell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry.

Ok, my vote goes to ryoko too. Sorry valinga. The reason is because I love the colors of it, they are very pleasing to my eyes and the character too. I also loved the brushing and the textures.

This was pretty hard too choose but like what Isr said, valinga's doesn't look finished. It doesn't seem to flow together. Also it kinda looks like their is a darker black line by her head.

Ryoko:3
Valinga:0 :(

Best answers
Just commenting on both.
I much rather Ryoko's as the colours seem to be suited more for each other than with Valinga's. Only reason for this is the face doesnt match the red very well imo, and you said u wanted to use a dark sig it would have been preferable not to use such a light character. I still like both of them though ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom