Mass Mail Hoax of Dec 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm asking because you also have a Minion Avatar.
I realize that, and again, I idle the minion IRC channel, play CS and such with the people there, and etc.

So, I guess, I AM MINION, DIRTY BUTTPLUG, or something to that effect.

EDIT: Plus, I've been doing everything I mentioned since, like, a year or so ago, so yeah.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'll just take this opportunity to remind everyone that we aren't in the business of attacking people based on the actions of their friends. It's one thing to be angry over this, it's quite another to start a witch hunt.

I'm not pointing fingers. Just making clear that everyone on this forum is judged by their own deeds, not those of others. So lets be calm.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately though, we don't like it when people deface our models... Next time you decide to strip the clothing off of a18, at least make her look decent man :(

For future reference: http://youtube.com/watch?v=A85VdrtKb60
If they're not looking like that, don't even bother making it :no:

Best answers
Well it has certainly been a long time since I last visited these forums and I have to say nothing seems to have changed in the last 2.5~ years.

I received this e-mail Dec 30, 9:33pm and was skeptical about the release.
So, the e-mails sent out by Cucumba, and Greg are both false?

Here's the first mail:
Dear current/former ESF member,

As you may know ESF 1.3 was never going to be released. A number of factors have contributed to the demise of development (social lives, college/university, World of Warcraft, etc.).

Because of this lack of progress over the last 2.5 years, we had decided to release what we had done to a select group of individuals. One of these groups, known as the "coding minions" (the people who use "o/" a lot) repackaged ESF 1.3 into a release called Minion Special Forces 1.0.

We are very grateful that they took the time to package up this release and get it out to the public for us.

You may download MSF 1.0 (ESF 1.3) at the following location: ----

For general discussion of ESF 1.3 (and this release), please make a thread here: ---

For technical support, please make a thread here: ---

Thank you for being supportive of us for so many years. This project is now finished.

All the best,
The ESF Team

P.S. The Coding Minions are working on their own new mod, check it out! ---
Here's the second that I received after this topic was created:
Dear current/former ESF member,

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=67845

In regards to the following comment (from the above link):

"Further, there is the chance that MSF may contain altered code that will allow minion to take control of your system, or hijack your steam accounts and steal your steam CD keys. For your own safety, do not run and install this game."

We invite you to verify that for yourself: ---

Enjoy

Best answers
If Kurt stole the forum data, he would have all our passwords. The first thing I did when I saw that MSF stuff was change my password. Dunno if it'll do any good, but it should at least slow him down.
Every password on the forum is stored as md5 encrypted hash code, which is quite difficult (read: "nearly impossible") to crack. The only way he'll get into your account is if you register at a forum he owns and logs and if you use the same password there that you do here.

Retired
Best answers
Every password on the forum is stored as md5 encrypted hash code, which is quite difficult (read: "nearly impossible") to crack. The only way he'll get into your account is if you register at a forum he owns and logs and if you use the same password there that you do here.
don't be so sure of yourself

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RemoWilliams - I edited the links out of your post, don't take any offense to it.

But yes, both of the e-mails from [email protected] and [email protected] are from Kurt. The e-mail from [email protected] is from the 'real' Cucumba. A lot of the e-mails bounced, so you might have gotten all, a few, or none of the e-mails.

Best answers
Yeah i heard about this. And the sad thing is that many fans have fall for this "Plan". And i guess that Kurt&Co Is going to do some more seriously things. So i will warn u all. And also all the people on the Kurt's Forum. Do not download this Program. There are serveral things that the program runs.
1: It allows the minions to take controll of the system and the rest of the things that Culum Said.
2: The Program maybe does process many Trojans and viruses.
3: The Minions Have a program installed that allows them to see what u does on ur computer. And more if i am not right!
So 1 thing: NO NOT DOWNLOAD OR RUN THIS PROGRAM!!!
U Should just trust ESF Forum.
That is what i have to say.
Peace :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i heard about this. And the sad thing is that many fans have fall for this "Plan". And i guess that Kurt&Co Is going to do some more seriously things. So i will warn u all. And also all the people on the Kurt's Forum. Do not download this Program. There are serveral things that the program runs.
1: It allows the minions to take controll of the system and the rest of the things that Culum Said.
3: The Minions Have a program installed that allows them to see what u does on ur computer. And more if i am not right!

When cuc said that he was sincere about warning people. It was the truth.

Best answers
Remember, they broke into the Forum Database and made copies of everything. So, they have your passwords right now. Maybe they'll take your account, maybe not, but its always been my oppinion that when someone breaks into your house, steals your tv, lifts your keys, and reads through your diaries.. you don't trust them not to do it again.

So change your passwords, please.
They don't have your password. vBulletin stores the password encrypted by salt, I believe. And if you have half a brain you would have a hard-to-crack password to begin with. Mine's like, 16 characters and no words.
Lol. Only way to see what I do is if I OPEN up the ports.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They don't have your password. vBulletin stores the password encrypted by salt, I believe. And if you have half a brain you would have a hard-to-crack password to begin with. Mine's like, 16 characters and no words.
QUOTE]

so how come Grega's account has been stolen? even the msn account

Best answers
right.

so has anyone clicked that link to the "minion special forces" already?
if so, what does it contain? a virus ?
I Clicked it. But no Viruses. Only the ESF 1.3 Contains a virus < I mean Kurt's version. But. I entered. No good. I freakin' Hate Kurt. he will get what he deserves!

Best answers
hmm...im trying to decide when i changed my email address on here...weather it was before or after he messed with the site...shame if it was just before

anyone know if his website (the one linked in the email) contained a virus or malicious program?

Best answers
Nothing malicious in the program or site. as they said it was a nov in team build.
ok cheers...well... as far as im concerned it might be better for them to know my password, cos this is the only site that uses that particular password (as im sure is the same with the majority of you)

STOP DELETING POSTS THAT CONTAIN USEFUL INFORMATION FOR THE REST OF US

Best answers
ok cheers...well... as far as im concerned it might be better for them to know my msn/password, cos this is the only site that uses that particular password (as im sure is the same with the majority of you)

STOP DELETING POSTS THAT CONTAIN USEFUL INFORMATION FOR THE REST OF US
Well the Program may contain a tons of viruses or such.
And they have a program installed there which will allow em to controll ur system.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not going to let people spread around that this file doesn't contain anything malicious in it. Now if you want to continue like snow was I can gladly remove you as well got it?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF FTW! WOOHOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom