Mass Effect 2 + PC Version

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who's getting these?

PC version comes out next week, for those who don't have a 360, ME is an AMAZING game.

Who's getting the sequel, as well?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it comes out on steam I may download this.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Crap... i guess this means i have to finish it now.. along with Gears of War, Halo 2, Metroid(wii). Bioshock, Assassin's creed... you get the picture :_( :sadface:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ME2 has come out ALREADY???

It's been like less then half a year no?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Mass Effect 2 is still heavily in development. It's not out yet.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seriously enjoyed the first game, although I wish I hadn't purchased it for Xbox. This exclusivity garbage is really starting to hamper my enjoyment of video games. When it's on a system I don't own, I can't play the game I want to, and when it's exclusively for console and I purchase it, it ends up improved and on PC inside of a year. Mass Effect wouldn't bug me if it hadn't been so hyped as an Xbox exclusive... it's half of the reason I even purchased the Xbox, and now it's on PC, and better. Garbage.

I intend to purchase the sequel on PC, unless it's going to use save game information from the original game.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Be happy you bought the 360 though, lots of good games are out/coming out =)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the double post.

Mass Effect on PC game out two days ago, who got it?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have to play my copy that I bought for the 360. I played two hours and then lost interest.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first few hours suck, but the game is amazing after the first few hours.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree. I think if you aren't interested inside of the first two hours the game is too story oriented for you to get into, or you aren't into dealing with an entirely new and large sci-fi universe. The rest of the game is just as dialogue heavy as it starts out, you just get more action sequences between dialogue. I personally loved the idea that I was playing a movie so I could stand all of the dialogue. I'd say the story only gets cheesier as you get further into it, but the voice acting and (limited) role playing opportunities kept me interested through the end. The combat is so-so though it was improved slightly on the PC.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm about 4 hours into the game, and I gotta say, the first two hours were incredibly boring. After having politics stuffed down my throat, and learning my way around the map, I proceeded to finish all of the sidequests as quickly as possible. Once you get out of the initial city and gain control of the ship, the game picks up quite a bit. I had the same exact experience with Kotor, so I knew to keep going until I got to the good stuff.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ULTRA 2 YEAR OLD BUMPPP! Cause I'm too lazy to create a new topic.

So Mass Effect 2 comes out in 2 days for America, and 5 in Europe, both for Xbox 360 and wait for it.. PC!!! (hurrah for you guys who want it for PC *coughmajcough*. Who the **** is getting it?!?!

Edit: decided to play through Mass Effect 1 again in preperation for 2. Also would be nice to have a completed save file for when I start Mass Effect 2 cause I bought a new 360 when my old one got the red rings.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People who pirate leaked games make me cry. And baby jesus, too. :(

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still have to play my copy that I bought for the 360. I played two hours and then lost interest.
I ended up getting past the two hour point and loving every minute of it. Just picked up Mass Effect 2 and it's awesome thus far.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just know my lappy is made out of too much fail to run this game. I still want to play ME1 as well...I should get a new laptop.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I just got to disc 2. So far, this game is pretty fun, but it feels different.. more like a shooter RPG I guess? I'm not really a fan of how the guns work in this game, I personally prefer the old system (overheating), but the new weapons are quite awesome. I really like the new Normandy, definitely more awesome compared to the old one. A bit disappointed that you can't get your whole crew back (I'm not sure if you actually do, I'm pretty early in the game I guess ;p), but the new members are pretty cool. I also like how you can travel to more worlds, that's definitely a plus.

Also, Can a mod please rename this thread to Mass Effect 2 (spoilers)

Last edited:

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope I'm not being too critical on the game but, it to me it really seems as if ME2 for the PC is just a port from the 360. Similar to MW2, the options available for PC users is quite limited. Multiple tasks using a single binding, lack of options available to set the texture resolutions higher than what was used on the console version.. I like the game thus far but I'm just not used to the lack of customization that's usually standard with PC games.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just beat Mass Effect 2. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed about how long the game is, if you just spend the time going directly with the storyline (gathering your squad, going into Omega 4 relay, defeating the Collectors), you could probably beat the game in about 6 or so hours. On the plus side, if you actually go with the side quests and decide to help out your squad, you'll spend way more time on the game. I believe my final playtime was 30 hours including random idle times that lasted for about a few hours. I think I missed quite a few things, too.

The Collectors were decent enemies, I'm really glad that the Protheans weren't completely taken away from the storyline (Collectors are.. an "evolved" version of the Protheans).

Also, the ending was absolutely amazing and was a perfect set up for a cliffhanger. Fleet of Reapers = amazinggggggggggggggggggggggg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom