Mapping?

Best answers
Yes, ive read all the tutorials here and at esf world but i still dont get it....is there anyone who could help me like...on aim or msn? plz it would be really apprecited.. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You tried the first room one? Here is how I learned, I made a room and just got my map ingame, nothing but a big box. Then I knew what to do to get it ingame, then added stuff inside. I just kept building on it :).

Anyways just make a cube, fairly big. Right click on it and go to Hollow. Then put in -16 and hit enter. put your textures in (sky for all sides except the bottom). Put in the entities (atleast 5 of info_player_start, info_player_deathmath and the good and evil spawns). Then put in one light_environment. Make sure all your entities are inside your hollow cube then compile (F9). Use the tutorials to set it up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What exactly are you having problems with?
The thing I remember being hardest about learning to map is compiling. Once you get a hollow cube-room ingame and get your compile tools working, you should catch on and start understanding much more very quickly.

Best answers
Umm like...starting...lol I just got the prgram and started to set it up...well,,,taZoo was nice and set it up for me

then i go in and look at the tools...for hours and hours :\

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My only suggestion is to go the the Mega Thread of Mapping sticky and read my Valve Hammer Overview tutorial. It explains every tool and how to use them. It also shows you essential mapping techniques for ESF like realistic terrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom