mapping help!!!

Best answers
please help me map none of those tutorials tell me how to, and don't even tell me too look at the big mega thread off mapping i read that crap over and over and it did not help please help me

Ps:i know that sounds demanding but i need help please lol

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask me, you only read half of each tutorials, mapping is not easy when you start off, and it never will be, the only advice i have for you is, to keep trying, and try out things for yourself, instead of reading tutorials.

And eventually, when you understand the basics of mapping, you should read some tutorials, at this time, you will be able to understand them better, and figure out how to do the difficult stuff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once you get the basics down, it is really not as hard as it seems. Just get to know the tools and options.

http://maps.hlebound.com

Go to tutorials, hopefully that can help you begin to map :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tell us your problem, and we will be able to help.

Best answers
im gonna try tinggling with stuff and report back ok

just i sespected im confused

Best answers
i'm really sorry i double post but this thread is not cloased yet and im still confussed

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once you tell us what is not working correctly, I think we would all be glad to help.

Best answers
i have a question to

How do i make a basic Ring like in foreshadow?

Best answers
HARSH HARSH it's HARSH the mapping is HARSH i am a learning person myself so i can't help you sory :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Foreshadow, the ring is a simple block with a raised platform around it. It is transparent with buildings "mirrored" onto the bottom of it. Then, the ring is tied to a "Func_Wall" entity. The render FX is set to solid, and the render amount is set to about 100. This options are available after you tie the block to the entity, select it, right click on it, and go to properties.

Best answers
i need help with every thing i know what all the tools do but i can't use them just for a first map i want to make a basic big block lol i cant even do that i suck any help is apreciated

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make a block, highlight it, then hit CTR+H put pretty much any number, say -2. Just go inside, apply your textures, put in 5 info_player_starts then compile. Thats basically the simpliest map you can make.

Best answers
dont call me a idiot or anything cuase i know i am but how do you make a block lol

please reply

Edit:hello

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom