Manhunt 2 Announced

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It shouldn't be a huge surprise to learn that Rockstar Games is working on a follow-up to Manhunt, the violent PlayStation 2 title that managed to offend a great number of people. When you hear that Manhunt 2 is coming to the PlayStation 2 and PSP, it's really not much of a shocker either. What is surprising is that the sequel will also be appearing on the family-friendly Nintendo Wii. The PSP and PS3 versions of the game are being developed by a Rockstar's new London studio. Rockstar Toronto will be heading up the Wii version. Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games says, "With Manhunt 2 we have tried to create a game that stays close to the original concept of chilling suspense and stealth, whilst pushing the game design and storytelling forward." Manhunt 2 is scheduled to be released this summer.
Source: http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/manhunt-2/761926p1.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I never understood games like Manhunt. All they have is loads of violence and a fear factor. Nothing imaginative, nothing original. I hate games like that.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first kept me busy for a while...I wonder why this one wont come for the PC =S

Oh well, I believe it will be worth checking out, just for the heck of it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as that game was ostracized like the GTA series has been... you figure another one was iminent.

The game is actually really fun... and a bit challenging... so I'll prob check it out.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Man, I never understood games like Manhunt. All they have is loads of violence and a fear factor. Nothing imaginative, nothing original. I hate games like that.
I take it you played the game on mute, then.. o_O

Personally I thought Manhunt was one of the most intelligent games to come out around that time, for what it was saying more than what it was doing. Dropping you into a world where the only way to progress is to murder and maim but at the same time giving you that choice over how violent or bloody you want to be. What are you, the player, willing to do for a high score?

If anything Manhunt was a commentary on rising violence in video games. As it turns out most of us would electrocute innocent men, break skulls and cut throats all in the name of curiosity. I don't know if that's bad or not but that's us in all our glory.

Not that many gave it more than a cursory glance - and, for parents, certainly didn't pay any attention to the '18' sticker - but that value was there. If you were willing to look.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that many gave it more than a cursory glance - and, for parents, certainly didn't pay any attention to the '18' sticker - but that value was there. If you were willing to look.
Get real, no one looks at that anymore. I was 12 when I tried to play that game, I think, and the rest of my friends played it too, except they played it addictively, and I only tried once, and didn't like it. As for the violence, it is only a factor which those who make games use to make an otherwise boring game interesting. I for one know games without one bit of violence (like The Neverhood) which I played addictively. So violence is completely unneccessary with enough imagination and creativity. That's what I think about Manhunt, it's the product of a moneyhungry, unimaginative, disturbed mind.

Best answers
I honestly thought the gameplay was boring but alot of people loved it because if u were seen early in game and had more then 1 person on you it was basically death, honestly if i want to play a gory game ill play berserk or something, for stealth splinter cell or tenchu, The game was alright but not OMG awesome.

I can see it all now as well, Manhunt 2 is hitting the wii, haha Thompson shall rise from the ashes!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought Manhunt was boring as hell.

Probably won't get this one if it turns out to be more of the same.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I also didn't like Manhunt all that much, I didn't play it all that much, Only at a friends place once or twice. The game I am waiting for is "Spore" :) Or maybe... Just maybe a Stupid Invaders 2? (lmao! Its the best comedy game ever :))

Best answers
It shouldn't be a huge surprise to learn that Rockstar Games is working on a follow-up to Manhunt, the violent PlayStation 2 title that managed to offend a great number of people.
i thought that line was funny, because of memory serves manhunt did not sell well at all, so personally i am surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom