Man of Steel

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This actually looks pretty good. I wonder who the villain will be.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the trailer is pretty bad.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Christopher Nolan.

No thanks. Besides the Prestige, everything else has been pretty garbage. Except the second Batman movie, the first and third were crap though.

Also...Russel Crowe as Supemans(biological) father? Eh...I liked him in Gladiator, he hasn't done much else good.

First non-American Superman to. Nothing to wrong with that.

I have a major issue with his boss being Black now, though. Considering he has been White, in every incarnation of Superman, and his last name is...White. Plus, Laurence looks far to somber, to be the hysterical boss. He has the attitude, but not the funny face. ,

Casting for the movie is all over the place...reading about it "First Superman movie, to not use a American actor, First Superman, where Larry White is an African America, First Superman, where xxx" it goes on and on.

It almost seems like he's doing all this, so that he doesn't do "more of the same". Next we can expect. I'm surprised they didn't go for Black Superman, after they tried to make Spiderman Black. Not racism, just don't like seeing established heroes massively changed.

Wouldn't be surprised if the next Batman Reboot has Bruce Wayne, played by Will Smith. With the Joker, being a crazy Asian. Alfred would be some aged Mexican.

I feel like alot of these reboots are pure shock value these days. Funny thing is, couldn't they just make a new character? They want to change everything about a character, his looks, history, powers even, then they call him the same name...just to get people to see it, even though it has little to do with the original character. Sick of it.

Also, Clark Kent's father would never just say "Sure, let people die, even though you could save them." That's just damn poor writing! Sure he wants to protect his son, but he always was telling him, much like with Spiderman, to do the right thing, i.e, help people if you can, but try to hide your secret.

Just ugh. Christopher Reeve will continue to be the best Superman to date.

I want to like this, but I don't think Nolan has the skills to write good movies. He writes blockbusters, somehow, but I always find them incredibly underwhelming. Like "Everyone is talking about this like it's the best movie ever?"

He has a great artistic sense, no doubt, but shoddy writing and plot structure.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it looked pretty cool, especially for a Superman trailer. I generally don't like superman movies/shows because they all have the same corny, overly-dramatic feel to them with absolutely no character building.

This one looks a little darker, which I like.

And in Nolans defense, I liked batman begins and dark knight rises. He was smart enough to keep them firmly rooted in the comic books. And tbh, I don't think a bad director could make Inception as much as a mind-**** as it came out to be.

Most people when it comes to Superhero/Hero movies judge them on what they know about them already, which is why you get a bunch of fanboys screaming and crying on facebook and twitter about how terrible these movies that made a hundred million dollars are.

Last edited:
Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This movie is just like handcock... :\

*looks at Mkillbride's comments and raged because he took his words." >:U you little!!!

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This movie is just like handcock... :\
coughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcough

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The thing that bugged me in this trailer is the part when Johnathan Kent was like "You have to keep that side of yourself a secret", then kid Clark says, "What was I supposed to do.. just let them die?", then Johnathan Kent replies "Maybe.."

Johnathan Kent is supposed to be a man of virtue. He raised Clark with a strong moral fiber and a strong sense of righteousness and humility which made him the hero he is. He wouldn't let a bus full of kids drown just to keep Clarks secret.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing that bugged me in this trailer is the part when Johnathan Kent was like "You have to keep that side of yourself a secret", then kid Clark says, "What was I supposed to do.. just let them die?", then Johnathan Kent replies "Maybe.."

Johnathan Kent is supposed to be a man of virtue. He raised Clark with a strong moral fiber and a strong sense of righteousness and humility which made him the hero he is. He wouldn't let a bus full of kids drown just to keep Clarks secret.
Maybe that's not the whole conversation. Also, don't forget that above all, Johnathan Kent loves his family the most.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the way he says "maybe" is more important than the word itself. there's a shit-ton of reluctance there.

i'm really looking forward to this movie, it's been hinted at that Zod will be the villain, which would be awesome. it's about time there was another superman movie where there was a bad guy who could actually kick his ass.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I actually like the more gritty and dark feel to these superhero movies that Nolan has directed! I'm sort of looking forward to this one, because I really liked the Batman-trilogy!

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
All I wanna know is....why the hell is Lois Lane blonde and ugly? (at least I think it was Lois Lane when he holds her hand towards the end...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom