Making GIFs/Animations

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but I don't seem to get anywhere. I'm trying to take a clip from a movie, and convert it to a animation file. I would open up the clip in Adobe Image Ready, and then save it as a gif. The problem is, is that the animation is slow, so I went back into Adobe Image Ready and messed around with the delays on each frame, but nothing seemed to work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So there is no change at all when you change the delay? Unless there is some exporting problem, see if it moves faster if you make the image smaller.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So there is no change at all when you change the delay? Unless there is some exporting problem, see if it moves faster if you make the image smaller.
There's no change when I make it smaller.

make sure you put the delay to 0.0
I have it set to "No Delay".

I tried deleting the extra frames, and it only sped it up a little bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That may work.

I find it a coincidence that I've been working on this gif for about a day now, and all of the sudden I see people talking about animating gifs around here. Anyway, I used ULEAD Gif animator - to be perfectly honest I don't really care for Abobe software... they always get bugged for me at some point (Yes, I purchased the stuff). Try ULEAD, or another one out there, I'm sure one's bound to work. Also, the delay issue could also be the programs you're using to open the finished GIF files. I had that problem when I was messing with the frame intervals in EasyToon, and I'd never get the desired frame rate--it'd play extremely fast in EasyToon no matter what I set the delay at for each frame, but run at completely different speeds in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and Internet Explorer. Try what everyone else is suggesting, otherwise just download a different program.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like jasc animation shop for free hang fast stuff

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but I don't seem to get anywhere. I'm trying to take a clip from a movie, and convert it to a animation file. I would open up the clip in Adobe Image Ready, and then save it as a gif. The problem is, is that the animation is slow, so I went back into Adobe Image Ready and messed around with the delays on each frame, but nothing seemed to work.
Yeah that happens, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the number of frames total and also it doesn't display on your computer correctly. You need to upload the .gif to a site to actually see it perfectly.

It just freezes if you try to look at it on your comp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom