ma first map!!!½½

Best answers
feel its wrathynessz0rr!!½½2

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4050/nimetn1hv.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/615/nimetn18it.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/6761/nimetn26yr.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5971/nimetn30ci.jpg

remember that its ma first map and still a WIP! :E

now, im asking for some help for making an big building map, and for any other help, i would really need it :/ so if ur interested in helping me, just PM me or add me to ur msn list :p kthxbye <3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks alrightz0r from those picz0rs that you postedz0r, keep at it & you will get betterz0r.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not too bad, is it gonna be like a tunnel network and stuff?, well remember to add alot of light entities and make the radius of them as big as possible, otherwise it's dark.
And remember skybox!

Best answers
ya, its supposed to be like an tunner network thingy ..

all the light are looking pretty ine, i fixed some of them.. and i've been planning of making an roof there and maybe a bridge over to the other side .. the skybox is the only probl :x i dunno how to add one, and i have no idea where to get one ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd say make your own wads and just include the textures only you want

download wally's texture editor i believe and make your own, it's much easier and more organized =)

Best answers
Would it be possible to make a map with

Milkshape 3d Program??

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ouchyz said:
Would it be possible to make a map with

Milkshape 3d Program??
Not really, it would require a lot of bounding boxes, and the result of that would be a lot of clipping and floating. Models only come in handy as environmental stuff and such, but not whole maps.

It ain't all bad, for a first map. First of all, you should consider if it's practical. Small rooms for CS-like mods, is a winner, but small rooms in ESF is pretty much a bad idea. With the roll/hit bug still going on this would be endlessy abused in your map as it has many objects a player could hit when being hit. So, might I ask what kind of map it is, I mean for what kind of mod :3 ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. Milkshape is for modelling.

For making maps for ESF, you will need Valve's Hammer program.

You can find it here

Best answers
:(

Well i have valve hammer but... when i go to my half-life/esf folder i cant find a single texture there, i can evenind any in textures folder...

whats wronge with it?

Best answers
Well i desined this map for cs .. and i've been thinging about making the upcoming maps for cs .. i got some great ideas that i want to put in action :D but first gotta get all the basics to work

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In that case, nice start ^^ A cs map requires plenty of places to hide which should very accessible. So try to avoid making camping places.

Best answers
hide meant in taking cover, not hiding for camping i suppose? campermaps isnt liked very much

Best answers
OMG,the one and only lazy Hamppu started mapping! Not bad man,maybe you could add some variation to it,like a open place or something.keep it up,maybe one day you'l get into you're favorite mod,NNC =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YODA MOD, YEAH!
Oh, nice map, I have milkshape but i've never used it before in my life, lol, downloaded it a few years ago I think, maybe I should use it to make models for my maps....

Okay, so you're saying it's for cs? just remember to make stairs and stuff, so that the people can climb up the high places.

Best answers
movento said:
OMG,the one and only lazy Hamppu started mapping! Not bad man,maybe you could add some variation to it,like a open place or something.keep it up,maybe one day you'l get into you're favorite mod,NNC =D
ahahahaha xDD yes yes ma darlin yes yes :3

well i had some major problmes with map .. when i upgraded it, saved and tryed to test it, i could only be able to open da last "non"upgraded map . :F and i couldn't be able to make stairs xD but thats just tehh noob me ^^ gotta find 'em ..

then, i've been planning of making a map of my school, it should be pretty fun :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make stairs by making alot of brushes next to each other, like in tournament maps where the stands are(those stairs where people sit), then make them smaller.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy its easier to just make a diagonal surface and texture the stairs on XD

Gives you more space on other details ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom