Loops!?

Best answers
Hello everyone,

I just got that I can't make any loops while I'm flying.
At 12 o'clock it blocks :)
It would be nice to be able to do loops, wouldnt it?
Didn't see anything regarding this in the 1.2 outline, so does anybody kneo something about this?

Best answers
*sighs*

Your post would be confusing to most who never played BFP, or has no idea that clock lingo is used to determine degrees... You should keep stuff like that in mind.

What he's saying is, is he wants to turn upside down, like in BFP, by looking up, up, up and way up... Pointless, and then you'd be able to block from every angle, which is not a good idea, since attacking from high up/very below is an often used melee strategy... It MIGHT change sometime, but not likely soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sv_pitchup 9999999999999999

something liek that

Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
*sighs*

Your post would be confusing to most who never played BFP, or has no idea that clock lingo is used to determine degrees... You should keep stuff like that in mind.

What he's saying is, is he wants to turn upside down, like in BFP, by looking up, up, up and way up... Pointless, and then you'd be able to block from every angle, which is not a good idea, since attacking from high up/very below is an often used melee strategy... It MIGHT change sometime, but not likely soon.
Sorry, thought that would be a common term.
And yep, that's what I meant, however you could melee better since you could loop :smile: so the up/down blocking would be relative

Best answers
You aren't listening to me. The team made it like that DELIBERATELY.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually its the default in Half-Life to stop it at that, I think its the default in every game engine. ;P

Best answers
I definately wouldn't mind being able to go upside-down and every which way. I see it as a part of DBZ and should be in ESF.

Best answers
Sierra Sonic said:
Actually its the default in Half-Life to stop it at that, I think its the default in every game engine. ;P
I know that! But this has been brought up before, though. And it's been said that they left it like that purposely.

All I'm saying, is that the current max camera pitch is there for a reason: it works for the current melee. If it wasn't, they probably would have removed it by now. It might change with the new melee system, since attacks will be different, but that's up to the team.

And anyways, there's very little point to it, anyways. Things don't improve when upside down, and they add very little to the mod, gameplay-wise. All it does is create more confusion for you. And since swoop isn't going to even be in next version, you can't tell me it'll bring about more flexibility.. And if it is, there aint nothin you can do upside down that you can't do right-side up.

Zenny: No, it's NOT part of DBZ. You never see anybody intentionally upside-down, and not for longer than a minute.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AhEm aHeM

sv_pitchup 9999999999999999
that will enable you to go upside down i believe, although it wont actualy look like it on the model, your view will be flipped

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
use the search luke... use the search......................

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom