lol, photosourcing...

Best answers
TeKNiK said:
At no point does he say that IT's NOT considered ripping. He basically just says you'll get away with it.
Actually no. Photosourcing does not need premission from original auhors to a extent. Eyes, nose, ears, hair, skin, ****,feet, we all have it. if it's taken from you or from her , it matters little, it would pretty much still be about the same skin. Even if I model you as a person, skin you and put you into a game, as long as I don't use your name, you cannot do anything about it.
I can even use your name with 1 different letter. For instance, if your name is "Justin Timberlake" I can call you "Justin Bimberlake" and still have a legit model/skin.

Photosourcing is a good thing, and helps many , many skinners in the way of correct realism. Some use it as beneath layers to color their own, some use it for proper color guidance etc etc. So basically, Gir has done nothing wrong in this thread.

-- I'm not taking sides btw, I don't like gir either that much. But can't be accusing people based on wrong knowledge ;p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
._. uhm so its not cloning huh? same as in my threads, alllright, i gues the world turned up side down, just fine, yeh, just fine.

gir the clothing looks really, really....ugly, some filters are seeable, totaly unmatching , some fold are sharper and smaller then the others with lower opactiy und bluryness, colors aswell, face has color finally, but clothing not at all, sucks in my eye. i dunno but maybe we 2 have the same ****, but the clothing isnt really the best you?ve done.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tek, maybe youll take it from me, if not from gir.

im prettymuch the "senior moderator" in the modelling section, ive been here longer/been more active than any of the other moderators in this section, And I feel i have a rough idea about how this section should be ran.

added onto what godhand has said about the "ethics" of photosourcing, I'll leave you with this.

photosourcing as Gir has employed it, is NOT ripping, and it will NEVER be treated as such while I am a moderator here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Godhand said:
Actually no. Photosourcing does not need premission from original auhors to a extent. Eyes, nose, ears, hair, skin, ****,feet, we all have it. if it's taken from you or from her , it matters little, it would pretty much still be about the same skin. Even if I model you as a person, skin you and put you into a game, as long as I don't use your name, you cannot do anything about it.
I can even use your name with 1 different letter. For instance, if your name is "Justin Timberlake" I can call you "Justin Bimberlake" and still have a legit model/skin.

Photosourcing is a good thing, and helps many , many skinners in the way of correct realism. Some use it as beneath layers to color their own, some use it for proper color guidance etc etc. So basically, Gir has done nothing wrong in this thread.

-- I'm not taking sides btw, I don't like gir either that much. But can't be accusing people based on wrong knowledge ;p.
I spent the summer working in the industry, and You can't even paint a likeness to someone without their permission. Trust me I know. :p. It's not "Wrong Knowledge."

Nuttzy said:
tek, maybe youll take it from me, if not from gir.

im prettymuch the "senior moderator" in the modelling section, ive been here longer/been more active than any of the other moderators in this section, And I feel i have a rough idea about how this section should be ran.

added onto what godhand has said about the "ethics" of photosourcing, I'll leave you with this.

photosourcing as Gir has employed it, is NOT ripping, and it will NEVER be treated as such while I am a moderator here.
Fine, whatever.

Best answers
Teknik is right, people are extremely picky these days regarding copyright issues. I was not allowed to use any images from google, magazine shoots, locations without permission during my time at Kujo.

Whether you choose to follow / bend the rules really depends on what your doing.

Anyhow on topic, gir your making some progress with the textures, I know it may seem lame to you but grab a cheap acrylic set and paint. You can't beat it, practice makes perfect :talk:.

Whats quite handy is to look for time lapse texture painting sessions, alot of them have dissapeared since polycount is restructuring at the moment. There is some old cloth and material painting tutorials on harlequins site but I haven't seen that since 98 lol.

Best answers
I don't really care about who spent what. I've been studying law for a couple of years now, and I'm soon a fully educated lawyer (got 3 years to go), and I can tell you with a fair share of ensurance that what I stated is correct.
Of course it depends from country to country, but in most general society it will not matter.

Copyright? I could of course summerize you what copyring really is, but I'm sure you know it's general meaning, but in issues such as these ,it's generally irellevant. Even in most professional cases, if a issue is done the way I described it, and a certain person goes to the court with this, not only will he lose money, but also not gain anything even by winning. (This goes for most of Europe.)

The only thing you actually might be doing wrong is voilating a persons personallity and decading their self image without their premission, but even then it's still a string of other **** that comes in.

I can asure you, it's not ripping, copying , or stealing copyrighted material. As for the USA, well there ppl can get millions of dollars for eating a hot hotdog so I won't even try conversing about that ****ty country o_O. (If someone is offended by my words, I'm sorry but it's the truth).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
your right Kimfu, ive never been good at texturing clothes though, so i feel ive already made a pretty big step in that area :)

ill see what i can come up with tomorrow after work.

lol.... oops?

anyway...
The model looks awesome, good work.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
looks great so far, i like the style and it's progress, but whats up witht he fingernail polish...it looks WAY off, like the thumb is rotated too much

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats not nail polish :D thats the light saber on/off switch hehe

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive been modeling for a few years, skinning about half as long, and skinning seriously, for a few months. ive been rigging/animating for about a year. thanks.

im hoping to do a small animated scene before i do the model release.

Best answers
Very nice Mad_AxMan, it looks very well modeled and it seems you have rigged it perfectly to the skeleton you used.

I like the style of texturing you've used on the jedi robe shes wearing, gives a nice style to the model.

my only comment would be to add some little highlights to the pants textures on the folds to make them stand out to the viewer a bit more.

Otherwise, really good job I will be watching this thread for some more updates when you have them :)

Glode

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, if you wanna see the jka skeleton......

its the worlds worst ever skeleton to rig for... especially for facial animations >_<

and then youve gotta hope it compiles ok...

anyway, yeah i know i suck at skinning clothing, but ill get better with practice, im gonna model the long, dark brown style robes soon, after ive figured a decent dark jedi look for her...

BTW, tek, do you have Tom Wellings permission to use his pic in your sig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom