💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And... why... so many?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because the forum requires that many. A few things that make the list look far larger than it actually is are:

• Retired moderators that retained their privelges
  • Supermoderators and Administrators who have global power, but are assigned areas of concentration
  • Development Staff that have administrative/moderation priveleges

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah you all check up on that, i don't have enough fingers to count how many times I have been called wannabe mod... erm wait... Okay so I've only been called one twice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ouch 1 finger typeing must be hard

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
come to think of it, I alsmost yelled at Nretep once for being "a wanna be mod" until I realised he was a mod... haha we all make mistakes...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
God forgives you..

The list does seem pretty big but that's mostly due to the fact that I only browse the Off-Topic and ESF boards, there are obver five others so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

One thing that does bother me though is that my name doesn't appear to be on the list. On top of that all my Moderator power seemed to have been stripped. I don't understand, I can remember using the power and getting the PM and.. and.. then I was in bed. What's going on!? :cry:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are the mods selected out of the beta testers? They all seem to have advanced knowledge of future releases.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, which is why I have completed beta 1.1. The end boss was very hard. I also have secret inside knowledge as to esf's release date!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah, Boyster. A good portion of us aren't testers. Myself, Ryoko, Firefly, Evil_Trunks, fatmanterror, Miroku, Karrde, Naz, Xx, off the top of my head, are not testers.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
And... why... so many?
The more the merrier, the as Cuc said, the team got mod priveleges, just in a way the forums "thank you" to them...

lol I think it would be funny to have a wannabe mod list, of course it'd be a crapload pages long and I'd be #1 wannabe mod:devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, if you say your a wannabe mod, you wont get to be one. I myself didn't think i'd like it or want it and made it clear. When it was offered I thought I'd try it and I kinda liked it so I stuck with it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fair enough. I guess I was just looking in the wrong places. I guess it would also be incorrect to assume that every beta tester has special privaleges on the public forums.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Are the mods selected out of the beta testers? They all seem to have advanced knowledge of future releases.

I actually became a tester after months and months of being a moderator.:laff:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the mods usually have a decent reason for doing what they are doing, new or old. Now I'm not about to kiss some ass, but don't think I don't respect the forum moderators. I understand that being a moderator is hard work, but it's also easy to abuse. Every once in a while a thread will be closed for no apparent reason and people question it. It's hard to ask for reasons why because you can't reopen the topic, and in the few incidents where I was peeved(sp?), my PMs weren't answered.

Still, these occurances are fairly rare, but when they occur it's a new guy 90% of the time (and Hibiki the other 10%...*cough*). Aren't they supposed to ask before closing something on their first couple of weeks? Come on now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is not a place of free speach, this is the esf forum.

If you have something to say, save yourself alot of hatefully replys and warning by not saying it

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Don't worry young Padawan, the mods are on the case.. ;)

Anyway, a few problems aside the new and old mods alike are doing a really good job considering how big this community is. Not that they need me to tell them that. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom