LETS GO TO AMPSTERDAMN!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe there's actually people doubting. For crying out loud.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amsterdam = a province of Netherlands = constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands which is a sovereign state, though it consists of multiple territories

Outside the Kingdom of the Netherlands, "Netherlands" is used as the English short-form name to describe the Kingdom of the Netherlands. At the United Nations, for example, the Kingdom is identified in the General Assembly by its English short-form name "Netherlands", whereas the English long-form name "Kingdom of the Netherlands" may be used in place of the name "Netherlands" in formal UN documentation. International treaties, also, frequently shorten "Kingdom of the Netherlands" to "Netherlands." The Dutch name that is commonly used is Nederland, which is a singular form, whereas both the official Dutch name Koninkrijk der Nederlanden and the English "(Kingdom of the) Netherlands" is a plural form. In Dutch practice, however, "Kingdom of the Netherlands" is shortened to "Kingdom" and not to "Netherlands", as the latter name could be confused with the Kingdom's principal country rather than with the Kingdom in its Charter capacity.[28] The Charter for the Kingdom of the Netherlands also shortens "Kingdom of the Netherlands" to "Kingdom" rather than to "Netherlands".[9]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_the_Netherlands

------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam

Notice on the right side its listed as belonging to the country "Netherlands".

Now that you've read that, disregard all of it. The Netherlands is in Russia.

The End.

Edit: I've hand drawn this map for you guys. As you can see, as you slowly rotate it, it isnt even really a city. It's just gibberish. Way to go, Europe. Way to make up a place just to attract ignorant Morewesterners (which is a term that describes someone who is more west than you).

What?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are you guys trolling?! the size of that "country" is smaller then most states!!
countries can't be that small right, so it's obviously a state or provance or w/e you euro***s call it. Have fun in germany mate! Don't listen to the trolls!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still waiting for the unseen dick joke like " The netherlands maybe small but there are big things in Europe. ".

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still waiting for the unseen dick joke like " The netherlands maybe small but there are big things in Europe. ".

The Netherlands might be small, but grass grows 2-6 inches every week.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Why are you guys trolling?! the size of that "country" is smaller then most states!!
countries can't be that small right, so it's obviously a state or provance or w/e you euro***s call it. Have fun in germany mate! Don't listen to the trolls!
Lol, thanks. I'm not sure what I'm going to do there, my Dad invited me, and my grandmother is going to be our tour guide / translator (she's German). So it should be fun.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, thanks. I'm not sure what I'm going to do there, my Dad invited me, and my grandmother is going to be our tour guide / translator (she's German). So it should be fun.
I'm not sure how knowing German is going to help you in Russia, but I'm sure you guys will work something out.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jokes aside thanks Nix for trying to explain something at first. My whole point was that if you look on a political map, judging by the borders and capitals, (Kingdom of)Netherlands and Germany are showed as separate.
Anyway, i can say that i'm fairly disappointed about the reactions/replies after i posted here. I don't know what i expected in the first place but...oh well i'll stop my "spamming" here.
Last but not least,
@Brosiris: Have fun dude!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't tell who's joking and who isn't
Same. But then I realize this is ESF and I'm pretty sure most people here are not joking. I'm a confused mess. That's what happens when you live in Russia for as long as I have.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm not sure how knowing German is going to help you in Russia, but I'm sure you guys will work something out.
Well, I saw your very detailed map, and I figured that the German's in Russia speak both Russian and German, so I should be safe. If not, well, everyone ought to speak English anyway.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I saw your very detailed map, and I figured that the German's in Russia speak both Russian and German, so I should be safe. If not, well, everyone ought to speak English anyway.
Everyone -does- speak English, it's the main language of the world obviously. Look at this board, a lot of different states come together here and were all speaking English.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone -does- speak English, it's the main language of the world obviously. Look at this board, a lot of different states come together here and were all speaking English.
We are typing English, not speaking. Duh.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's good that that doesn't apply to me in anyway. I'm not going to Amsterdam, or cities that border Belgium or Germany, because I'm going to Germany. But still, I guess that sucks for tourists that smoke weed.

Oh, btw, I searched 4 myself, and I found out through a rather popular, but will remain anonymous search engine has lead me to a site that explains that Amsterdam is in fact, German's capitol; no wonder Origin wanted to shake a baby from this thread. You're all morons and don't know geography. GG.

Last edited:
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you could post the corrections, you are an hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom