Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Good Idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The original thread for this game was berried... under 700,000 other threads, 755 pages back.

So who's played this? I'm sure plenty of you have, and I know some of you have beaten it.

Honestly.. I think it's a fantastic game. I haven't actually played any other Zelda game in my life. I may have tried the Zelda for the 64 many, many years ago... but this is the first time I've sat down and actually played Zelda. And you know, I felt pretty ignorant... and foolish after playing 25 minutes of it--realizing I've missed out on a lot. The story's very interesting, and absorbing. It has a lot of the right elements... and they're carried out quite well. I'm in the process of rescuing the children; finished all of stuff in "wolf" form.

The art in the game reminds me of Toriyama's stuff in some ways. It's pretty attractive.

Who here finds Magna (sp?) sexually attractive? Perhaps it's a fetish... but damn.

Share opinions?

Best answers
I have its the best wii game out there :)
That's not saying much.

My Wii currently collects dust, I have twilight princess and I got to the second or third temple. (Which isn't very far at all)

Basically, the game bores me to death. So it can sit with my Wii and rot. Until SBB:B comes out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's Midna, by the way. How can you play the game and not get her name right? o_o

Twilight Princess is a great game, and I very much enjoyed it, however it wasn't as good as some past Zelda games. It lacked the characters' charm, for one, and there was a little too much of everything, IMO. After the 5th temple or so I started feeling that I'd like this game to end already.

Here's hoping the next Zelda for Wii becomes the definitive Zelda for that platform. After all, Twilight Princess was originally developed as a Gamecube game, so its graphics also reflect this. Wii can do much better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is overrated, I enjoyed that Gamecube version more.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm definitely happy that I went with the Wii version. I've had a hankering to play through Windwaker again, but I'm not sure that I can go back to playing LoZ without the Wii remote.

It was a very good contribution to the series, imo. I still like A Link to the Past the best, but this comes up very near to OoT in my books. It was very well done, though I am hoping for a Wii-exclusive LoZ title that will actually utilize what the Wii has to offer besides a quick control change (ie: no compromises because of the storage limitations of the GCN discs).

People who were expecting something completely new in the LoZ franchise will be/are probably disappointed, as this game does not re-invent the franchise (nor should it, imo, since it isn't really the first LoZ title for the Wii; as mentioned, it was designed almost exclusively for the GCN until recently, when the control style was adapted for the Wii). It is more of what was seen in OoT, MM, and WW, though I found it significantly more compelling than the latter two.

Were it not for my addiction to Castlevania 4 and Contra III, I'd probably run through TP another time.

All in all, it is one of those titles that a gamer simply should have or should, at the very least, try. As I said, it's not a reinvention of the series, but don't take that to mean that the title has nothing to offer. I can't, personally, remember making so many concessions in my schedule to progress in a game - the story keeps you coming back for more, and (if you have the game on the Wii) the semi-new (though slightly tacked-on) control style is interesting to explore and utilize. I can't wait to see how the control is utilized uniquely by the next installment in the franchise.

Since the Wii is still pretty new though, it's hard to come by games that are of similar scope. The same problem plagues the PS3 and, about a year back, plagued the 360. I imagine that TP will have at least some basis for comparison to other Wii titles of similar scope later in the year.

EDIT - also, I don't really see the game as being overrated. None of the gaming publications I checked gave it an astoundingly high score (the highest being around 9.5 from IGN, I think). It's just as much worth looking at as OoT was, in my opinion.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Oot and MM were amazing...

If I ever play it I hope there is an option to make Link a lefty again. Being a lefty myself and having less co-ordination in my right arm really would affect my gameplay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought fishing was quite well-done in Twilight Princess for Wii, though, even though most of the controls weren't that inventive (like slashing your sword).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom