Laptopius

Force Pit Member
Best answers
My mom need a Laptopius.*

- So I need something in the zone of 600$ with a HDMI connector, at least 15.4 inch screen and a dedicated video card (not those Intel ones)

- Another thing I ask you guys is which company gives you the best "bang for the buck"?

- And if you can please rate the companies: Dell, LG, HP, Acer and Toshiba by their life span and reliability.

*Laptop

The laptop is mainly for desk work like Microsoft Office.

But I want it for some HD movies via our LCD television and like 1 or 2 games.
The games quality is no higher than Rome - Total War requirements.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Asus or Dell. Probably Asus. Also, most laptops don't have HDMI out, you'd need to probably pick up an HD TV tuner via USB or w/e that card slot thingy is (I never use mine)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'd go with Hewlett Packard, or Dell. They're both rather reliable. And a 600 dollar PC is, no offense, on the low end, so it probably won't be an amazing laptop, and will be generally slow and frustrating, if you can bump up the price to at least 999, then you should be set. Save a little longer, it goes a long way.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I actually saw the dv5-1110 model, it doesn't look slow at all.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Sorry for double post.

Hmm I saw this Intel X4500 intergrated cards. What level of geforce are they equlevant to?(geforce 5,6,7 etc..)

And if the X4500 can run Rome total war: specs:

Minimum: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP, Pentium III 1.0GHz or Athlon 1.0GHz processor or higher, 256MB RAM, 2.9GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows swap file), 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers, 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers, DirectX® 9.0b, 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest drivers. Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible, 1024 x 768 Display Resolution, Internet (TCP / IP) play supported;Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers; LAN play requires Network card (Multiplayer)

Maybe other games as well, such as counter strike and day of defeat.

Will it be able to run the game Call of Duty 2 and other games in Call of Duty 2 requirements level? Specs: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24962/t612126-call-of-duty-2-system-requirements-thread/

On which level this games could be played at? (minimum. medium, high, max)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom