Lagg

Best answers
Yea.. When I play 1.3 in someone elses server, my ping rises up to 1700-2100.. 1.2 works withouth lagg in other servers.. Anyone has any tips how to get the lagg lower (withouth hosting server)? o_O

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Play on servers close to your location? Besides that, I was thinking of that your rates are possible changed that is causing your ping lag.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Close any background appliactions that have access to the internet, especially any download programs, chat programs, etc. Also, your ping depends on your connection. If you're using dial up and playing on servers located on the other side of the world, that ping isn't unusual. Get it?

Best answers
I don't have anything working on the background when I play. Aaaand I didn't really get that what you Dan said... And FFSkyrider, what do you mean with rates??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it's because the people hosting the 1.3 servers have a bad connection or are located far away from you :|

Best answers
Alright, well for starters, there aren’t many 1.3 servers out, so whatever is there...just take it- or make your own server.

You can categorise lag into 2 sections-

FPS Lag and Latency Lag [ Or wtvr ].

FPS Lag is caused by the amount of RAM other programs are using whilst your playing.

Whenever I want to start playing ESF, I always have to close this Adobephotoshopcs program because it eats around about 70MB of RAM.

latency Lag is simply caused by other programs digging through your net. Examples are...

MSN, Downloading, Torrents, Prown, all that stuff.

In order to get into a server which will guarantee you a good play, search for the list...and look at the latency line. Its a line with lots of numbers. Go into the server with the lowest integer. Hope that helped.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't have anything working on the background when I play. Aaaand I didn't really get that what you Dan said... And FFSkyrider, what do you mean with rates??
Look dude. Every internet connection has it's SPEED. It's measured in kilobits. Usual speeds are 56k (dial-up), 128k (ISDN), 256k, 512k, 1024k (DSL, Cable or T1). The higher the speed, the less lag you have. The lower the PING is, the less lag there is. PING, which deterimines LATENCY lag, depends on:

1. Speed of your internet connection.
2. Your distance from the place the server is being hosted.

If you get the same lag while playing a LAN server, then the problem is in your computer. You say no background applications are running, so it could be your PC isn't strong enough.

Best answers
I have DSL.. Well, in LAN game it doesn't lag at all, so it might be that it's becauses of the distance.. But my problem is there aren't almost any players who are near the place where I live xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then you're out of luck. There aren't many ESF 1.3 servers up yet so I suggest waiting. The more stable the game becomes over time with the new updates, the more people will start to play it online. I feel for you, I can perfectly play on servers like Jakut's server and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom