Killzone 2 PS3

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony and Epic confirmed that, while it wasn't Gameplay footage, Killzone 2 was recorded from an in-engine demo.

EDIT: Epic are the guys with UT, and they have apparently worked on the engine that KZ uses.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dunno, i just caught a guy on television (didnt catch his name) saying that that was in fact gameplay footage, on a interview on g4 discussing the ps3, i doubt a sony spokesperson would flat out lie, but we wont know for sure til more gameplay footage is released

2 or 3 of the xbox 360 demos shown at e3 featured sony's old friend (now apparently they have nothing to do with each other) graphical slowdown,
killzones framerate however was smooth as silk and virtually superior on every level, if it does turn out to be gameplay footage. id buy the game just for its graphics, even if it had horrible gameplay ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the first Killzone wasn't a "great" game imo, but I caught the video on G4 tuesday and I was left rather shocked specially by the awesome flames lol.

Best answers
wow.... seamless.... amazing...
I've already been a PS fan, but that video sealed my vote for my all time favorite console..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I would consider Killzone 2 better than Halo IF IT INCLUTED 4 PLAYER MULTITAP - OR ATLEAST ONLINE PLAY...

Sorry about that, but thats what really dissappointed me about the first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the PS2 can have UP TO 6 PLAYERS, which no other systems can do without online (Sorry to all whose allowances don't cover the extra 30 bucks for the multitap). The PS3, however, can have up to seven wireless controllers out-of-box. So Killzone 2 will no doubt be able to have what you're looking for.

Best answers
Hopefully it will include coop aswell. The lack of coop was probably my main gripe with Killzone 1, as it would have fit perfectly, especially with the 4 different characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually Saiyan Pride...

I donno if this counts but you CAN lan if you have 2-3 Xbox's on 3 diffrent TV's :p Thats like 12 players offline :p

In my college when Halo 2 had just hit, we went like the hole month, bringing in 3 Xbox's and hooking them up on 3 TV's... IT WAS CRAAaAaAZY! lol Especially w/o all that lag interupting your skillz :p

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2-3 Xboxs, One PS3.

Anyway, Killzone 1 HAD online play. No doubt the sequel will aswell. Also, PS3 supports seven Bluetooth controllers out of the box (pray to god that Bluetooth doesnt have Latency problems, but if it does, then use 3 wireless controllers and plug the remaining four into the USB slots on the front) so you don't even need a multitap. Halo is just overrated anyway <_<. Killzone 1 wasn't all that great, but the online was fun as hell.

Also, Kutaragi and Honda confirmed a $375 dollar price for Japan. Usually, about 60 dollars gets shaved off the Japan price each time a new console came out, so I expect something like $300 or $350.

AND, Phil Harrison and some other guy from Sony both confirmed on G4 that Killzone was in-engine and in-game. They didn't even try to avoid it, they said it at least 2 or 3 times that it was what you will see when you pop it in at home and play. Yay!

Retired
Best answers
yes rumours have it that that movie was pre-rendered.

also people saying 'RIP HALO' are a bit ignorant imo because graphics aren't the only thing that made halo what it is. the style and gameplay made it become very popular.

I have no idea what console i'm going to get, but I must admit killzone looks pretty cool. I just wish we were sure whether or not it's pre-rendered.

Best answers
AND, Phil Harrison and some other guy from Sony both confirmed on G4 that Killzone was in-engine and in-game. They didn't even try to avoid it, they said it at least 2 or 3 times that it was what you will see when you pop it in at home and play. Yay!
What the hell, my friend told me this morning that Sony confirmed that it was prerendered on G4. Is there any straight up evidence on this matter?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's just no way that movie of Killzone I saw was realtime.

Just looks to perfect to be realtime.

If you ask me, its all prerendered... I could be wrong though, but it just looks way to good, even for a new console like ps3.

If it would be real time, then they have made some huge steps graphicswise, if that's true then I also expect some new things for PC soon, and i'm not talking about unreal 3, or some other known uber engine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they confirmed its a pre rendered piece before, its what they Think it should look like once they have it done. im sure it wont be so uber ;0

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorreh shijingaling, but I've gotta pwn j00.

Video from G4:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

Jack Tretton confirms that the Killzone footage is all in-engine.

There was an interview with Phil Harrison (the british guy with the tech demos) too, him saying the same thing, but I cant find it.

Best answers
Thanks, that video is quite reassuring :). I'll wait until I see more game play vids until I'm completely convinced though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom