Ki Sharing

Best answers
Stop me if I'm remembering wrong, but when Goku is fighting Frieza on Namek, at some point Goku gives Frieza some of his energy so Frieza won't die. I think it's after Frieza succeeds in slicing his own body in half.

Anyways, I think that would be a good touch for Teamplay, like if there's someone blocking a beam, and they're about to run out of ki, a teammate can quickly pump part of their ki into them so they can last long enough to win the struggle.

I'm not sure if anybody else could do it though, and it'd seem a waste for Goku only to have it, since he's got some of the more powerful attacks, as well as (I think) the most attacks already.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF isn't really a team oriented game, it's very much an "every man for himself" type of gameplay. As it is, if you wanted to help someone win a struggle you could fire your own beam into it. The problem is that it just doesn't have a practical application as long as multi-power struggles are in.

Best answers
But can you help somebody block? Not beam vs. beam, but beam vs. block.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did anyone on the show ever help somebody who was already blocking an attack?

Best answers
Dunno, but I know that somebody on the show used some of their energy to help somebody else, so if you're going to use that as a source for abilities...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a blockstruggle takes almost everytime more then 10 seconds ... a "free" player could recharge his ki 2-3 times completely ... and then he could give it to the blocker/ attacker
- that's too much
- noone would fly next to a blocker and lend him his energy ... if the teammate dies, he'll respawn within 2 seconds
- if a player gets beamed from behind with low energy and he can still block it, he should get damaged
- if you're prepared for the beam (with full KI), you've much more KI than the attacker (difference = flying + beam) ... then there's no need to get another ones KI

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed its just a bad idea doesnt work well and doesnt fit in with anything

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep brought up all of the disadvantages already, so I'll just agree with him and say no, it's a bad idea.

Best answers
Nretep said:
a blockstruggle takes almost everytime more then 10 seconds ... a "free" player could recharge his ki 2-3 times completely ... and then he could give it to the blocker/ attacker
- that's too much
- noone would fly next to a blocker and lend him his energy ... if the teammate dies, he'll respawn within 2 seconds
- if a player gets beamed from behind with low energy and he can still block it, he should get damaged
- if you're prepared for the beam (with full KI), you've much more KI than the attacker (difference = flying + beam) ... then there's no need to get another ones KI

The biggest problem I see is that you don't think anybody would actually bother to help their teammates. That being the case, I don't see why it has a team mode. All it would do now is just have weak players trying to leech off the better ones so their "team" will win. No point in being able to shoot a beam into a power struggle to help out, either, as, like you said, they'll just respawn in 2 seconds anyways. I, personally, have never abandoned a teammate in any game, and would like some way to help them out in this game as well.

Another problem is that you're only thinking that's the only use. How about this scenario:
Somebody just grabbed the last dragonball from the enemy team's pile. Due to having to deal with the enemies guarding it, they have very low ki. They're being chased by the freshly spawned enemies, and are going to run out of ki soon. Nobody is close enough and powerful enough to be able to handle the enemies if they kill that person and take the dragonball back. One person, though close enough, doesn't have the power/skill to kill the enemies chasing that person. One person, though powerful enough, would take too long to charge and fire, and needs more time.
Without ki sharing, that person will die, and they have to get the dragonball back again.
With ki sharing, the person close but weak can give the runner enough ki to either get back with the dragonball, or give the powerful person enough time to charge a beam or get over there and smash the chasers.

Or there's just random uses for it, like if someone is charging a beam to kill a lot of enemies, but has only enough ki for the minimum due to having fired another one, someone can give them some ki to help out. Sure, that might be used to spam big beams like Kamehameha, but if somebody actually takes out the person giving Ki, the other person's going to have no ki of his own and will be easier to take out.

Best answers
Oh yeah, also, it could obviously be weighted against power levels. Like, if someone at power level 600,000 tries to share ki with someone at power level 5,000,000, it'd give them just a sliver. Someone at pl 5,000,000 should be able to block a beam. However, if someone's just started on the server, they should be able to get a bit of help protecting themselves from their team.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what's the use ther pl is to low to survive a ps against a guy playing for an hour anyway it's a greater halp if somebodey just lends a helping beam into the ps

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If by giving your ki to someone would disable you for like 10-15 seconds than it would be something to look into I think. It just adds more options to the game and helps to promote teamwork which is there but not seen that often.

Best answers
The only time there is team work is when there is a beam spammer doing nothing but that and they get double teamed for doing it. Is somebody on his team going to help him out No. Cause usually when they where in a melee battle with a person thats attacking the beam spammer they fired a beam into that person just so they could get the kill and get more Power getting them closer to transform.

Nobody and I mean nobody can honestly say that they would give some body KI to help them win the PS. Cause that just means that they would get the power increase when they didnt use there own that isnt fair and if they cant get more power on there own they just have less skill than others.

Best answers
The game is much to fast for you to stand still and charge the energy by the time you could release it you would be meleed or shot down so i say "No"

Best answers
I really think you should read Nreteps post again.

The person who is blocking has 100% ki to use (at the most).

If a friend helps him, and it takes one second to recharge their ki, and the block struggle goes for 6 seconds, suddenly the player blocking has 700% ki available to them.

And that would be crap.

Best answers
I agree with all posts above. Bad idea. Closed to prefent spamming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom