Ki and health

Best answers
The ki bar should double as a "shield." In other words, if you take damage, it takes away ki instead of health, until your ki runs out. Then when you get hit it starts damaging your health, and you die when your health runs out. This option should be able to be toggled on and off, so the player can decide to have a better defence at the price of losing more ki, or you could have it turned off and have more ki for attacks but the ki will not protect you when damaged.

This would also make sense, since in the show the first couple of blows never really hurts them because they are using their ki to protect them. Only later in fights do their clothes start to tear and they begin getting battle wounds. So if battle damaged skins ever are introduced to ESF, they should only start showing up when the players HP is damaged, not their "ki."

I just thought this way battles would last longer, and I just think it would let the player choose a more specialized style of fighting (defensive or offensive). Maybe there could even be a neutral style of fighting where only a percentage of damage goes to your ki when attacked, and another percentage goes to your health. I guess 50% going to health and 50% going to ki sounds about right.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
i think he means just like as a continual increased defence at a ki cost.... but ki shield wud be sweet.... but u can block already.. so wats the diff between ki shield and block??

Best answers
It's passive, meaning there is no block required. If your hit, the damages takes away your ki not your health. It only takes your health away once all your ki is drained.

Best answers
It should depend on how much ki u have and how strong the attack is. But it should never be fully blocked; every attack that hits you should take away at least few hp.

PS: I'M BACK!

Best answers
Thanks, it also feels good to be here again. As I can see lots of things have changed... I'll need some time to read everything I guess...

Best answers
When defensive fighting style is selected, the attacks should always get fully blocked by the ki. This is good and bad, because while it prevents you from dying, if your not carefull and you get hit a lot, you will not have much ki for attacks. Eventually it will catch up to you and you will die. Each style has an advantage and disadvatage, and neutral style is a balance (As I said, 50% damage goes to ki and 50% goes to HP in neutral style). The advantage to offensive style is that you have plenty of ki for attacks, but if you get damaged all the damage will go to your HP bar and your ki bar will not absorb any of the damage.

Best answers
this is im sorry to say a bad idea. because u can easily recharge your KI in the beta. according to one of the devs, when they where commenting on the Goku vs Vegetta movie someone said it must have taken a lot of KI to teleport so much and thats why he was powering up so much. but a dev said he just did it for effect cause charging is faster now.

anyways the point is u would be invicible, you would never be able to die cause all u need to do is power up. and besides wheres the skill in a passive blocking system its why u have to set block to a key and not have it block automatically.

Best answers
I'm not too down with the ki acting as an automatic defense; the point of the mod is skillful use of ki to attain your goals, be they genocide, dragonball capture, or whatever. If ki becomes an automatic defense, then a possible avenue for developing skill will be lost! The blocking system currently allows you to harness your ki for defense, but you have to be savvy enough to use it and at the right time. It seems like a good system so far.

Your idea about styles intrigues me though. I haven't really seen the advanced melee system really in action yet, so I couldn't say, but I'd be thrilled if there were several "styles" to switch through while fighting with different animations and benefits/drawbacks. This idea is pretty obviously ripped from Jedi Knight II but I'd say it has some merit. Maybe there'd be some sort of Rock,Paper,Scissors balance of damage dealing and recieving, not that any style would immediately destroy another, but they'd be slightly less effective against some, and more against others, forcing some extra strategy in close combat.

Again, I don't know the advanced melee system, so this may be impossible, or just unnecessary, but I think it'd be interesting.
Players would constantly need to shift styles for an advantage. Maybe the styles could be linked to slightly reduced/increased speed as well, or unlocked/improved by transformations.

Just a thought, hope someone finds it interesting.

Best answers
yeah i thought the idea sounded ok but if recharging of your ki is too easy it wouldn't be a good idea.
if you block a beam, it should subtract from your ki bar as well as a little of your health i would think, as they would use ki to deflect beams wouldn't they? I suppose it is already implemented.

Best answers
Actually, the idea was a good idea and would work. I know cause I suggested this thing months before. It didn't make the cut this beta, hopefully they will do it in another one :)

Best answers
i like the idea as well,

but it couldn't be a "total sheild" more of a fraction, say 25% of the attack's damage goes to Ki instead of health.
If you had the percentage to high, i think the person being attacking would have to run because of not having enough Ki to attack.

P.S. does anyone know whats happign with Gohan and his (total) Ki Sheild

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom