Keep getting kicked

Best answers
I'm not sure what the deal is, but Ive been kicked from like 4 servers already and I can't seem to figure out why. I took time, I read the manual, I practiced against bots till I felt I got the basic hang of advanced melee.
I haven't figued out any combs yet, but I do see the word combo pop up once in awhile.

I expect to get my ass kicked, but not off a server just cause Im new to the game, I can't get better unless people let me play the friggin game.

So, what gives? Is it normal policy here in the ESF community to kick anyone who isn't as good as you are? or have I just managed to find 4 servers run by pricks?

Best answers
theres a lot of servers run by people who seem to think noobs shouldnt be allowed to join games (from my knowledge its mostly team play servers i play free fight only) but i run tnto so many noobs on free fight that use 1 cheap thing in teh game and stick to it and think thats pro.....example teleport melee, tele away power up then as soon as u get up from off the ground tele melee then tele away and repat until they kill u with a generic ball. rediuclous fighitng like that which gets annouying....so if your doing that then just try different techniques. or if u just suck play on free fight only like i do which is better because then you dont kill your team mate and you get the whole OMG!!!!! crap lol

Best answers
I have only played freefight so far, and I get tele meele killed allot. Im having a hard time avoiding it... that doesn't bother me, cuase eventually Ill figure it out. IF SOMEONE WILL LET ME PLAY!!! Its like as soon as I start to get into the game, the game closes and a window pops up and tells me "The server disconnected. Reason: kicked"

getting kicked from a server for gettin your ass kicked is stupid... and I think ppl should be shot for this. =P

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if you were playing this weekend it could have been me i have to kick people off the server alot to keep my computer from crashing i usually love playing with newbies so if it was me it wasnt because your not good

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An escalating problem with servers is that most people refuse to use Adv Melee. I can't understand this. So perhaps when you join these servers and actually get someone in adv melee they kick you because you suck for using it...or something.

Too many people just do the knockback-tele-knockback and then shoot a little ball or something at you as you're recovering and think they're boss. I guess if they have fun using a small fraction of the games potential, let them.

Best answers
So now using basic melee combos is lame according to you, ET? (didn't you used to have a chibi-trunks av?)

If your kicked your most likely lagging really badly, or they are pretty crap and don't like being beaten in their own server. Alot of admins are like "omg! he got a score of 30-5! he is a haxor! i have been playing for an hour and only have 25-15"

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't lame, it's repetitve. It just doesn't seem fun to do the exact same sequence of moves over and over. You know, variety, the spice of life, etc.

And I can't recall when or if I've had a chibi-trunks av. Maybe a long time ago.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i agree with trunks here it does get really repetitive but it is also ridiculously simple to push a button theres no strategy in it except to get the combos in as many times as you can thats why i like secondary melee there are so many techniques you can develop on your own with s-m and hundreds of different tactics with advanced melee its only two combos and a whole bunch of pressed buttons which most of the time you have to guess what they are and thats just really boring i know you probably know alot more about the game than me but theres more to secondary and hit-swoop(or tele)-hit

Best answers
Buh? Oh I get it, when I say Basic Melee you probably think (could you atleast make an effort to punctuate?) I mean advanced melee, but by Basic I mean erm, right click. But there's not really that many style you can develop, you can develop different stratergies and sequences, but in the end there is only swoop, hit and teleport and kiblob and generic beam.

And I'm pretty sure you had a Chibi Trunks av ET on the old red coloured board. It was around the time Miroku had that white guy and that insane guy who was killing inself in the rain.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no i have already proved there is alot more to it than that it will seem boring to you if your not very good at it but with the new swooping in 1.2 theres alot more you can do

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are so many new amazing things in the works for the future releases it boggles my mind to think how much better ESF is going to become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom