Kazaa getting shut down?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard that there shutting down Kazaa from some of my freinds today. They said that they sued a couple of poeple already for downloading songs and that one of the people sued (which was a 12 year old girl btw) settled on 2000 dollars. Im just wondering if what i heard was true and if it is, then this tottaly sux. I dont know if this is true so dont really go by what i heard as my freinds are dumb and make up **** like this all the time. Anyways thx for replying in advanced.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If kazaa is shut down, there will be 10 other progs just like it.

Best answers
it is technichally impossible to shut down kazaa because of how p2p works. ther is no main server or hq for kazaa. each computer that has kazaa connects to a random (usually higher end) computer that also has kazaa called a supernode. Supernodes change evrey day, thus making it impossible to '' cut the hard line'' or shut down the "server". Kazaa will stay as long as people continue to use it!!! (same goes for the gnuttella network).

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kazaa isn't a true p2p program for the simple fact that it does have a main server that it passes through. It works the same way as morpheus did. Direct connect is the only true p2p share program that I know of. If kazaa goes down its no biggy because there already are 10 other programs to share with. The only reason kazaa would go down though is if the makers took it down but seeing as how people have picked it up there would be alternate servers up within like a week of anything happening...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... first of all, Kazaa has a main website. Why do they sue people that use Kazaa, if they can just sue the people who made Kazaa? (The owners) I mean, if it's still up and running, it's gonna make people think that its ok to use Kazaa. Thats something that really bothers me, its like an undercover cop offering you drugs while having a gun to your head, you're going to do the drugs, that is if you dont wanna die. Then right when you take the drugs, he arrests you. Thats how i see all this bull**** with Kazaa. So, if i get caught using Kazaa, ill let them know exactly how i feel. I will not hold back anything i have to say. :p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They can't sue kazaa because its only the software that lets people share music. It doesn't actually offer music so its not doing anything illegal.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They can't do anything to the people that made kazaa because they didnt do anything wrong.

That's why Sony and other companies arent being sued for making mp3's players and cd burners. Because they have alternate uses.

Just like selling bongs in smoke shops. "I use it to smoke tobacco". That sort of thing.

Best answers
firstly... Kazaa sux and iMesh is better... secondly... I thought there were no talk about Warez and stuff on this forum... mods will attack any minute... and thirdly... Kazaa and other programs like it, is all about sharing... people share files and download them... so basically nothin is illegal because you got the other file from someone else who is sharing it...so their is nothing illegal about stuff like that but hey... I don't care... :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why was the owner of Napster sued? Why are these people stupid enough to allow "File Sharing" programs to go on? Instead of just sueing people, they should get rid of it. I sure as hell dont wanna get sued for downloading a ****ing song :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom