KASPERAnti-Virus

Best answers
Okay, I really need some help on this. Last time I got on my computer, it automatically opened AIM and tried to sign on. After that, I hit Cotrol-Alt-Delete to check the running programs. Seconds later, it automatically closes out of it! It does this repeatedly, but I found a program called "KASPER Anti-virus" running. I searched my computer for it and found it was a hidden file in System32. I couldn't delete it though, because it was running. I have a screenshot of my task menu if it's needed. I can also not access MSCONFIG without it crashing out. Please, I need some advice. I'll try Norton in a second, even though I highly doubt it will find anything, because I already scanned the file with it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This probably belongs in the Tech-Bench in Off-Topic, as this section is more generally used for problems specific to ESF.

Anyways, if you start in safe mode, press f8 during the loading sequence when you reboot your computer. You should be able to delete the process as well as access msconfig without crashing.

Best answers
Sorry about putting it in the wrong section. Thanks a ton for the f8 thing. I totally forgot about that! It's fixed at last! That explains why my games have been going ssslllooowww lately. I owe you one :)

Best answers
Actually, Kaspersky Anti-virus is a legitimate programme. There's no reason why it wold be adversely affecting your computer. Try Microsoft AntiSpyware.

Best answers
Yes, its a real program, but the virus infecting my computer (as well as some others I know) is a fake. It's just named that to trick you ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can get free antivirus software if my brother get's a job at this software company he applied for , he had an interview for it today , doing software support , they haven't released their antivirus software yet , but i'm sure the employees of the company would be doing beta testing on it , they are also coding a spyware/adware cleaner and a registry mechanic

anywho , on topic , iv'e seen it a couple of times , but if i had my choice in using freebie anti-virus software , i would ethier use anti-vir or avg (A BIG NO NO TO NORTON , TO MUCH RESOURCE HOGGING) even thou the new version has been tweaked for better performance , i prefer Avg , i wouldn't mind seeing what this companies anti virus aoftware is like when i get it from my bro's work

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a note, I pay for Norton, have the lastest version, and it takes up hardly any resources at all - even with auto protect running :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom