Karrde's Second Attempt at 3DSMax

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I've been messing with Max. Here's the results of my second test at trying to model. Tons of wasted polies and I didn't bother to render it since I can't figure out how to add wires to that. So you get print screens :p No real need for crits as I'm pretty certain I know where the issues are. Just wanted to show it.

Best answers
Looks nice and clean just getting to know the program by messing around will help you out a lot more. Also if you go into material editor by pressing " M " you can see that under Shader basic parameters there is a box that says " wired "; the way i do it is making one material as a simple grey, than dup the model ( Control + C ) and paste the copy, and with the new copy assign the new wired material. Or

This may help :3 http://www.eddybrown.co.uk/blog/claywireframerender/

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
woho, that's realy something karrde san, im kinda schocked by the progress you are making.

the flow looks clean and the overal shape is quite interesting. can't wait to see moar !

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Still looking at the picture and wondering what it is exactly. Reminds me of the big cannon in FFVII, or somekind of tank with acidic stuff that drops down to the ground corroding it. (I have some weird imagination, I know). But still it looks pretty tight. I know how hard it can be with 3ds max, I've had several attempts and never finished anything. Hope you come further than me! Keep it up

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said in chatbox. I built a hole, and then decided to extrude a vague building shape. Then I decided I really didn't feel like detailing the building :p So yeah I just decided to do some modeling practice and thought the building could use an anime style cannon on it for some reason :p LIke I said, the whole point of this was practice.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It reminds me of the Death Star gun.

If only we had anime-style cannons attached to buildings, 9 years ago.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now all you need to add is dimond weapon and its done perfect sexy mother

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Makes me want to start. Again.

Very nice! It kinda reminds me of a big turret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom