Kamehameha

Best answers
I'm watching DBZ Episode 47 - Scramble For The Dragonballs as I speak and Goku is training in his space pod before reaching Namek. He just launched a Kamehameha blast to hit a previous ki blast he generated, and the Kamehameha beam left his hands like a projectile. It started off as a blast he controlled, but then it left his hands as it flew in a circle. I guess this brings up the suggestion that the Kamehameha should have a secondary function - a 'detachable' version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds good =) But the other people with big beams like that should also get the benefit, or it would have Goku get another perk the others can't do.. As if he doesnt have enough already..

Best answers
Seems to me a weebit like a untransed BB if he could just create a blast with a detatch

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Detachable beams have been suggested before and I don't think it should be as a secondary fire, or exclusivley for KHH. I think detaching beams should replace detonating beams, seeing as blowing up a beam means you can't block it, which is cheap and one of the few things I think needs to be changed in ESF gameplay-wise. Right click to detach beams (any beams) instead of blowing them up, remember, if you detach a beam then you can't help it in a struggle, you cant put ki and power into it, and I don't think you should be able to detach a beam DURING a struggle.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to tell you the truth ive never seen anyone in the dbz series ever just blow their beams up right in midair i know esf is only really lightly attached to the series but this makes a huge difference in the game especially for beam spammers

Best answers
*wants to lob a FF blast*

Honestly it's a good idea if it's in general and not just for everyone. Thing is they're going to have to do something to increse the uniqueness of blasts

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if all beams could detatch well, all youd had to do was fie a beam at somone and right before a struggle would start, BAM detatch and chage antoher powerfull beam to hit the guy in struggle. or would get repetitive at the fact that unattached powerfull beams arou gonna flop everywhere...

i think 2ndary should "netralize" the attack. Like when you see a kamehameha in space or beam, it fades away, thats how i think the cancel for beams should be. Force ppl to be more accurate with beams.

Best answers
I may be new to the forum, but I've been thinking about this for some time. Beams shouldn't just 'explode' in mid-air when cancelled, it gives way too much leverage for spammers and makes people who teleport out of the way still get majorly damaged. What I'd suggest, is that when the beam is cancelled, it becomes detached and continues in the direction last inputted and as the ki travels it begins to shrink at a set rate, going down by a set amount, so a largely powerful charged blast would last longer and do more end damage than a 3 second charge, which would evaporate.

Anyhow, just an idea, I like RavenTrunks' as well and I agree, people should either need to become much more accurate, or beams should travel a small bit faster.

Best answers
I DON"T like the detachable beams. i don't like the idea of being able to adjust an sBC, because that's what these are all going to become. have you ever seen a beam server that allows the SBC? cell/pic totally over the beam by just firing new SBCs at the beam, Even with help, the beam loses to the mass sbc..

Best answers
I don't know much in the way of acronyms for ESF, but please clarify for me what SBC is? Special Beam Cannon?

I'm sorry, I have no idea. But my suggestion isn't: Allow beams to be cancelled and fired like minor ki blasts, as in the second function of the generic, but instead, not allow beams to just be all-out cancelled and blow 2 fighters out of the water for being near the sudden burst of energy.

Perhaps giving a suggestion as to how you think the beam cancelling should be handled would help us understand your point of view.

Best answers
nah sorry but its a good idea but its to leet and noobed. alot of noobs would be beam spamming Kamehameha blasts altho it is a powerful attack well i think the strongest attack in game. meaning *krillin and goku* kames. but i think the detachable beam is the Kamehameha blast things.... those lil balls are part the strength of Kamehameha.

besides people could just charge it blast it and trans away. and kill as many as they want without people seing the beam trail.

Best answers
Super Krillin said:
nah sorry but its a good idea but its to leet and noobed. alot of noobs would be beam spamming Kamehameha blasts altho it is a powerful attack well i think the strongest attack in game. meaning *krillin and goku* kames. but i think the detachable beam is the Kamehameha blast things.... those lil balls are part the strength of Kamehameha.

besides people could just charge it blast it and trans away. and kill as many as they want without people seing the beam trail.
Ehhk, please use commas or some sort of grammar, I really don't know what you're trying to say for the most part.

Anyways, I think a projectile form of the Kamehameha would be pretty useful. Not as a right-click thingy, but maybe just as a single attack, maybe to replace ki-balls or the generic ball, whatever. Flame away.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silent Bob, not everybody is as talented in English as you are, No need to be so harsh. He means the Kame Torpedoes which are a separate move for Goku and work similarily to a projectile version of a KHH with a slight homing effect. I think thats sufficient for KHH detachables.

Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Silent Bob, not everybody is as talented in English as you are, No need to be so harsh.
You of all people should know I'm not all that talented at English. I genuinely had trouble understanding most of what he said. What's so harsh about requesting punctuation anyway?

Best answers
Silent_Bob said:
You of all people should know I'm not all that talented at English. I genuinely had trouble understanding most of what he said. What's so harsh about requesting punctuation anyway?
Because he tried... I mean he used sentaces with full stops and sutch...
He just isn't as talented with English...
I mean if it's literally un readable fine...
But if you can make out what he says even if it is hard give him the benift of the doubt...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, call me old fashioned but maybe the dbz mod, should like, follow dbz once in a while.. >_> in dbz, all energy attacks could be abandoned at any time by just stopping the pumping of ki, as all the beam is, is energy. Once u stop supplying energy to the beam it just flies off as ki going through the air. Imo firing a beam should cost ki, not just the charging. but thats beside the point. The never really exploded beams in dbz, but they did detatch them, every damn time they fired one, it didnt just disappear the ki would leave their hands and go into the blast. go figure what i think of the suggestion :x

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Well, call me old fashioned but maybe the dbz mod, should like, follow dbz once in a while.. >_> in dbz, all energy attacks could be abandoned at any time by just stopping the pumping of ki, as all the beam is, is energy. Once u stop supplying energy to the beam it just flies off as ki going through the air. Imo firing a beam should cost ki, not just the charging. but thats beside the point. The never really exploded beams in dbz, but they did detatch them, every damn time they fired one, it didnt just disappear the ki would leave their hands and go into the blast. go figure what i think of the suggestion :x
Then again in DBZ beams wern't consistant...
Must have bin depening on the way they charged them but for Example...
Cell's Mega Kamehameha on Gohan (The first one - that he made so big it looked like a ball) Was a Nuke type beam thing - the one he was expecting to throw at Gohan and blow him up with... (As shown when Gohan counter's it explodeing Cell)
However Later - Cell charged up a mega Kamehameha and when that was reversed on him it didn't explode on contact at All... If it had the world would have exploded many times over... No no - this beam - still a Kamehameha was very different - This beam obliterated cell with the drag and crush idea and then when Gohan stopped poweing the beam... No nuke left the end of it DESPITE the fact it was Cell's Beamhead + Gohan's beamhead - the beam simply faded out into nothingness...

Quite simply I'd rather this was possible in ESF...
Kinda like a way of chargeing Ki like a stance in other fighting games...
"Stance" one your beams do drag and crush damage - no detatchable beamhead - Wont explode on contact
Stance two the beams are nukes that will explode on contact with anything and when right clicked are released from the users hands as a projectile...

Blocking a beam from stance two would be as is now...

However blocking a beam from stance one would mean the beam envelopes your character decreaseing your Ki (Struggle bar) and your opponents Ki - when you run out of Ki you start takeing damage ...

I'm sure this idea's bin said before but maby not with the stance Idea...

However I still would like more beam flexability

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was no 'drag' there, just vaporizing. The beam 'went through' Cell, it didn't push him to space.

Best answers
Orbit said:
There was no 'drag' there, just vaporizing. The beam 'went through' Cell, it didn't push him to space.
Cell flew in to space and yelled "I'll be back!!" then the last of his cells were disintigrated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom