Kama's Kompetition #3 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I decided to start my own competition. Here's how it works. I'll give you guys challenges, sometimes with or without my involvement, and then depending on the work i'll do my best to get it into ESF, or at least part of a side pack.

The Challenge
You will be to modelling me Demon Janemba! The winner will then be included in ESF 1.3 as a selectable "skin" for Krillin.

^ This one. - Sword is optional -

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3202/janemwj8.jpg - Thanks SV
http://gogeta-univers.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1152041149.jpg

Please post any other references you may find in this thread so I may add them.

Specifications
Please only model the Demon version. His fat version will not be part of this contest. If you do choose to skin your model, please post the skinned version in a thread of your own, judging will be based solely on the mesh. If you truly wish to skin your own model should you win, feel free to PM me about doing so.

Deadline = Dec 11
Polylimit = Rougly 1500polys

BEGIN!

Best answers
Just like to point out, your first referrence picture has been blocked by Tripod.

And yeah, this is pretty cool, can't wait to see what people come up with! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just like to point out, your first referrence picture has been blocked by Tripod.

And yeah, this is pretty cool, can't wait to see what people come up with! :D
There is an easy way to get around that, just put a question mark at the end of the link, you have to copy and paste the correct url in, the clicked link obviously links to a remote image.

This comp will be sexy, I would enter, but I got something else in the works for esf :eek:.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_< I dont wanna do another dbz model... but this looks so tempting >_< my fav movie character.... =[

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is an easy way to get around that, just put a question mark at the end of the link, you have to copy and paste the correct url in, the clicked link obviously links to a remote image.

This comp will be sexy, I would enter, but I got something else in the works for esf :eek:.
D: Dang I would love it if you'd join Enix, but since you're pimping something else for ESF... ;'3

>_< I dont wanna do another dbz model... but this looks so tempting >_< my fav movie character.... =[
OMG Davie join!
Modeling a Janemba is not really like modeling any other DBZ character ;_; besides I know you're gonna make something sexy as hell!

A nice ref for the competitors:

Good luck to everybody who enters, I cant wait to see what you guys are going to come up with =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Davidskiwan: :O

I'm down seen the movie a few days ago. Although, I'm not thrilled about letting other people texture my models :O.

Best answers
sweet choice very cool character... can't wait to see some cool entrys

Best answers
@Davidskiwan: :O

I'm down seen the movie a few days ago. Although, I'm not thrilled about letting other people texture my models :O.
He did say that you can choose to texture it yourself...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can read.. ya know. I know that, I'm simply stating that I prefer to skin my own models as opposed to anyone else.

Best answers
I will give it a try.

At first sight I`d say that I`ll need ~1800 polys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How exactly could this work as a Krillin skin? They don't even have the same attacks >.>

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah woah woah, this definately should not be a krillin replacement >_> trunks is the one with the sword >_<

Im excited to see whatcha come up with Tek ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd say either buu or frieza =o but that's just me.. good luck everyone ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd choose Cell as a replacement model, personally. Still, love Janemba, imo he's the coolest non-canon character design. Looking forward to what this kompetition produces ;o

I kind've agree with Kreshi though, he's a mass of ridges and he has a tail, might prove a bit tricky with 1500 polies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah woah woah, this definately should not be a krillin replacement >_> trunks is the one with the sword >_<

Im excited to see whatcha come up with Tek ^^
I actually modeled his body but it looks like **** since I modeled all the extruding parts of his legs and arms on and i'm still trying to meet a 1500 poly budget.

Btw Max 9 doesn't have a polygon counter FTL. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sword is no longer mandatory, should help you save your polycount some.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
1.5k seems pretty low for janemba nontheless

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's roughly 1.5k, GHP made a really nice Janemba for about 1500, so it can be done, but if you go over then it's ok. The point is your goal is 1500.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not my favorite character :-\

why dont cha ask Dendza if he would give up his, since he did a sdk for janemba.

@Tek: ....a Polycounter is a very important thing in any modeling programm.... this cant be... maybe its called in another way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom