Just wondering...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm actually working on it right now with my team. The alpha should be out in about 2 months, actually.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. It's been a long time coming, but we're getting there. Hopefully some of you guys take the time to hop on over once we release.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL i dont know if i should laugh or cry at this XD

In any case. Yes it would probably be possible if EA decided to release an SDK or similar modding tools for the engine. As they didnt even release a dedicated server tool (at least to my knowledge) there is no way for any sort of mod to ever happen on the frostbite engine.

But aside from the "yes its possible" the ESF team will not be making it. ESF lives and dies on Half Life 1 that simple.

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
ESF on Frostbite 2.0...as amazing as that would be, I can't afford to wait 20 years for that :laff:

But seriously, the work that has been done with this project on the Half-Life 1 engine is phenomenal. I hate even referring to it as the HL1 engine, because it really isn't anymore. With the tweaks and improvements that have been made over the years, it's the ESF engine as far as I'm concerned.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The ESF-Engine.. Someone copyright that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom