Just ugh..

Best answers
The more and more i go to play this game, the less i like it.

Its got promise, it really does, its awesome in alot of ways.

But it has more downfalls.

-Crashes Frequently, Regardless of if its your server or someone elses.
-Lags regardless.

I play EverQuest 2 and Star Wars Galaxies on HIGH graphics, and it -never- lags for me, When im alone in a ESF/EVM server its fine, but when others join it lags.

every server ive played on, before i can get bored of it, it crashes.

Another frustrating part of ESF/EVM is jack***es like to throw the Db's off the map.

I can't see myself playing this game further if they dont correct these problems.

I'd rather see these problems resolved rather then new characters or models.

New models, characters, moves, or even enhancements to the melee system would not change my decision unless they actually fix these problems.

I don't mean to whine, or complain. I just wanted to ask if they even actually plan to do anything about alot of the problems with the game.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the lag can't be helped. Whenever I play in a dedicated server (with plenty of people in it, which often happens for testing purposes), I don't experience much in the way of lag at all. This is with plenty of beam spamming, too.

As for frequent crashes - there's mixed opinions on that. 1.2.3 seldom crashed for me. However, if you're concerned that the team is ONLY working on new characters and that crash bugs (and other bugs, of course) are being overlooked, then worry not. The testing team is doing its best to make sure 1.2.3 bugs are not able to be reproduced in 1.3, and they are also doing their best to deal with any new bugs.

Bugs are often dealt with frequently while the team adds new content. That's what the testers are for.

And, before you ask about why 1.2.3 crashes despite the testing team - It seldom crashed for us during the testing phase, even when we had huge stress-test sessions (a few hours of playing with a packed server). Some things just cannot be pinned down until the game gets out to the public (where there is a greater variety of computers trying to run ESF than there are in the testing team).

However, I digress. 1.2.3 bugs have been examined, exploits have been looked into, and new bugs are getting axed before they can get too far.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team and testers are constantly searching for bugs and fixes. It's just time consuming and inefficient to compile and release a patch every time they fix a crash bug. The team is aiming for 1.3 to be their most stable build, as chances are, it will be the final 'big update' minus any patches if there are huge bugs in the initial release.

Best answers
What about borders along the mapline, so that objects such as dragonballs cant be thrown over?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AuretheMaster said:
What about borders along the mapline, so that objects such as dragonballs cant be thrown over?
When CTDB mode is looked at again by the team, I'm sure such issues will be examined. Until then, CTDB mode remains "experimental" (it used to mention that in the sever creation menu, I'm not sure if it does anymore).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not everything can be coded to perfection. I never get the stuf that you mension , i play online at a net cafe and see no problems (i dunno what gfx card ur'e using , but overthere they just have 9800se's and i can run the game fine with everything pretty dam high , try 1280 x 1024 no lag or hardly any fps drop , but then again they were modded to pro models and some not). Think for a miniute and just remember that crashing can't always be the fault of esf , hardware and other software always will have their flaws that can contribute to a lag/crash factor (such example was my old radeon 9600xt that eventually died) i assue you have also kept esf up to date aswell ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AuretheMaster said:
-Lags regardless.

I play EverQuest 2 and Star Wars Galaxies on HIGH graphics, and it -never- lags for me, When im alone in a ESF/EVM server its fine, but when others join it lags.
Those other games you mentioned are both made by companies, AND in the finished state.
ESF, however, is NOT made by a company and is still in the beta phase.
What did you expect?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to go ahead and blame all of your problems on EVM. The crashing problem, for instance, most likely has to do with EVM. EVM is loaded with bugs and as a result crashes constantly... ESF is actually pretty stable now though, the only real time people crash is when connecting to a server. As for the servers lagging, I'll blame that on EVM too. There aren't any dedicated EVM servers up so that means you're playing on listen servers. Listen servers generally suck and tend to lag when enough people join. Just play on regular dedicated servers, like the ESF world servers if you live in Europe or Dagsters server or the SA server if you live in America. They shouldn't lag at all.. and the dragonballs getting thrown out does suck, yea, but that whole game mode is unfinished.

Sound Artist
Best answers
AuretheMaster said:
The more and more i go to play this game, the less i like it.

Its got promise, it really does, its awesome in alot of ways.

But it has more downfalls.

It's never crashed too frequently for me. There are certain things in that build that do cause a crash and it's possible that many people are aware of such things. It doesn't matter who's running the server, you or someone else, when someone exploits a bug, whether purposely or incidental, it will most likely cause a crash.
AuretheMaster said:
-Lags regardless.
I think you're confusing latency and frame loss. I've played all of those games and get a solid 60 FPS, this is half-life. I'm usually locked at 99fps (which is the max HL will go) If you can play those MMORPG's then ESF should be no problem. Check your connection, make sure your drivers are updated, spyware/viruses removed, and configure ESF accordingly. Besides, Half-life is an old ass engine, give it a break.
AuretheMaster said:
every server ive played on, before i can get bored of it, it crashes.
Done.
AuretheMaster said:
Another frustrating part of ESF/EVM is jack***es like to throw the Db's off the map.
Dragonball mode isn't finished, and it's experiemental. Also, don't use EVM, it's not supported by ESF in anyway.
AuretheMaster said:
I can't see myself playing this game further if they dont correct these problems.
You won't be missed:p
AuretheMaster said:
I'd rather see these problems resolved rather then new characters or models.
Every time we update there are countless bug fixes as well as updates on every level, including models.
AuretheMaster said:
New models, characters, moves, or even enhancements to the melee system would not change my decision unless they actually fix these problems.
We're aware that the first priority is to have a stable game, but you have to keep in mind that this is a project that we work on with our spare time and voluntarily, we're not going to lock ourselves in our rooms, and pull 12 hours of overtime just to make you happy. Unless it's WoW:)
AuretheMaster said:
I don't mean to whine, or complain. I just wanted to ask if they even actually plan to do anything about alot of the problems with the game.
You do mean to whine and complain or else this thread wouldn't have been created and you would be waiting patiently like everyone else. We have meetings every week, a bug tracker and countless beta testers to ensure these problems are dealt with accordingly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I may have found the source of your problems.

See... youre playing EVM. That would be your problem, right there. Try simply reinstalling ESF, and most of the crashing should go away. You will also find the game more fun, as everything will be less unbalanced.

As for the "jackasses," they are often simply tired of people whining about whos turn it is to make a wish. They go away once you reinstall ESF too.

I really dont find lag a problem, so unless youre playing from some remote part of the planet with an antiquated 56k modem I dont see what could be causing it. Try joining servers with pings lower than 100.

I play EverQuest 2 and Star Wars Galaxies
You may also want to give up these games too, youre simply wasting your time. Go get WoW already.

Best answers
All current MMORPGs are retarded....

Also make sure you got a good sound card as well.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What'd you expect from EVM? It's insanely unstable. We have nothing to do with it, so go to their forums. Also, problems come from people running listen servers and not dedicated servers. For those who do run ded servers, the computers aren't neccesarilly up to snuff to handle it. Anyway, I think all issues have pretty much been covered. Anmd for the record, I have NEVER crashed on 1.2.3.

*closed*

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom