Jump/Walljump Suggestion

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the main idea behind this is to make the jumping and walljumping more like in spider man 2

1. Normal Jumping - the jump
instead of jumping when you hit the space bar, youll have to hold the space bar to charge up a jump meter. its only when you let go that you jump. the jump meter is charged fairly quick but having a massive impact on the overal jump. a quick hit to the space bar will only do a little hop (like the minimum jump on the game)

alternate idea to the jump meter

an animation tells you how much youve charged your jump, kind of like how gokus turbo swoop animation is

2. Normal Jumping - the leap
While you charge this jump you can hold any direction to LEAP in that direction, instead of just jumping up and down. the leap is just a dive in a direction, low to the ground so that your skimming it but high enough so that you can still land on your feet

depending on how long youve charged your jump, youll go further or shorter. NOTE: your jump needs to be charged to do this

3. Wall Jumping
this basically works the same, as the jump up there. you cling to the wall and you hold down jump while the meter/animation charges. how it currently is, really.

but the extra option is that you can also hold a direction to push off in that direction. for example if your doing a forward wall jumping (facing the wall), you can hold left to fly left along the wall instead OR you can hold forward to vault yourself UP the wall ETC...

4. Angle Walljump
if your doing a right/left side walljump (your vaulting off the wall from the right side instead of going straight on) you can hold forward and vault off the wall at a forward/left angle

this way you can travel inbetween walls at highspeed by vaulting off of them repeatedly. not sure if i really worded that right so if you need further explaining just ask

Summary
i really think that these suggestion are very important to the game. i like walljumping but its nearly pointless right now, your so easy to hit after vaulting off because your opponent already knows where your going. so it would be great to have an option to what your doing instead of just being predictable.

as for jumping, i also believe this will really impact dodging as well. right now all you can do is jump up. thats very predictable and easy to counter if your rushing someone.

Best answers
yea sounds good

speeds up the gameplay abit, the charging shouldn't take long tough

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be short ^^

1.) Already in. If you tap the space bar you jump just a little. If you hold it you go higher. Same as yours only without beeing stuck on the ground ^^

2.) I actually suggested something similar once. Again without charging. In my version all you do is press the duck key (same you use for swoop down default control) and hit a direction. That lets you leap in that direction. Again no charge and no stuck to the ground. Nice tactical to ^^

3.) I like thatone. Being able to leap to the left of the wall instead of just 90? from it sounds great. But the bar is really not neaded ^^ It would just pop up and disapear anyhow.

Id like to add to this that maby have it so that you are in teh wall untill you let go of jump. So that you can stay in the wall for longer without the jump back to the same wall thing we have now ^^ (im refering to the way its in 1.2.3 since i couldnt play the inteam for over 3 weaks)

4.) Just how is this difrent from number 3 o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. your never stuck in the ground, whenever you let go of the space bar youll jump. i wanted this to be in mainly so that when you leap you can easily control how far you go. using it this way can easily make a counterattack or a way to get away to recharge, depending on how long or short you charge

and the charge starts immediately, you dont wait for it to start.

3.thats why i also said about the animation for that one, btw any bar thats added would be extremely small and probably to the right of the HUD

yeah i like how that sounds, but one thing to remember is that they arent spiderman. they can only stay on a wall so long before sliding off. actually sliding may make a good idea...

4. well i wasnt sure if they would get what i was going at on number 3 so i added 4 to be sure that they understood

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. your never stuck in the ground, whenever you let go of the space bar youll jump. i wanted this to be in mainly so that when you leap you can easily control how far you go. using it this way can easily make a counterattack or a way to get away to recharge, depending on how long or short you charge
I'm just gonna comment on this one cause the others (as I understand them) are already a feature. Basically, the way it is now, the longer you hold down jump the higher you jump. It's pretty much the same as what you are suggesting except you are for whatever reason wanting to slow down the gameplay.

If I see a beam coming, I want to jump the feck out of the way, not charge some stupid bar and then get blown up because I didn't jump in time.

Slows down gameplay, to put it bluntly, a stupid idea. Sorry.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just gonna comment on this one cause the others (as I understand them) are already a feature.
none of these are features, unless your talking about future releases

If I see a beam coming, I want to jump the feck out of the way, not charge some stupid bar and then get blown up because I didn't jump in time.

Slows down gameplay, to put it bluntly, a stupid idea. Sorry
so your telling me you try to jump out of the way of a beam? you have played this game havent you? you should know of all people that will get you killed. if your gonna be dodging a beam i would expect you to be teleporting or flying your ass out of there instead of wasting time jumping.

i wouldnt of even addressed that if you hadnt put it in such an annoying way. show some respect or at least some manners.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so your telling me you try to jump out of the way of a beam? you have played this game havent you? you should know of all people that will get you killed. if your gonna be dodging a beam i would expect you to be teleporting or flying your ass out of there instead of wasting time jumping.
Just cause you chose to say that smart aleck remark instead of actually defending your suggestion, thank you for admitting it was a bad idea.

show some respect or at least some manners.
To put it in wording you would understand, You have read these forums havent you? You should know of all people i'm the resident A-hole.

Coffee is in the Rec-room.

But about the other ideas, the wall jumping one, you can already jump left if you hold left and right if you hold right etc. Or are you saying something different?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, that seems to be the major flaw of that suggestion, although I agree with everything else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i think this suggestion will do is give more of a quicker jump forward, back, left, and right.. i think it's feasable as long as the minimum jump isn't too low and the charge doesnt take too long

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To put it in wording you would understand, You have read these forums havent you? You should know of all people i'm the resident A-hole.
i dont actually care who you are, all i see you as is an annoying hypocrite who cant even follow the rules im sure you helped set

Just cause you chose to say that smart aleck remark instead of actually defending your suggestion, thank you for admitting it was a bad idea.
i dont feel the need to defend a suggestion against an example that really doesnt have a great point to it, only a noob would try to JUMP out of the way of a kamehameha.

what i think this suggestion will do is give more of a quicker jump forward, back, left, and right.. i think it's feasable as long as the minimum jump isn't too low and the charge doesnt take too long
the jump doesnt take long at all, and thats why im surprised at all this. id thought more people had played spiderman. it only takes, at most, 1.5 - 2 seconds to fully charge it all the way. even with that it only takes a quick tap to do a small jump. enough to get out of the way of incoming ki blast or a small gen blast, which is all your gonna be able to jump-dodge out of the way without being killed

and the walljumping im talking about isnt a curve to the other way, your vaulting along the wall. like if you were flying along-side it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Keep the normal jump the way it already is. It ain't broke, so don't try to fix it.

2) The Leap (Super Jump): If you happen to be running around and want to quickly go from point a to b (let's pretend a and b are relatively close), you can hold jump (you don't have to be stationary), release and leap over to wherever the hell you're going.

You won't have to stop moving, you won't leave yourself open to attack, and it's fast.

Kama, stop being a ****. Being on the team doesn't mean you get to be the "resident a-hole" (it actually does, but let's pretend the rules apply to everyone). His idea wasn't horrible. It just needed tweaking.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I believe this is a great idea and many of you are percieving it wrong possibly.. Me an dark came up with the idea in the server it would be awsome to have this...

Lets think about how it works..

1) you hold jump (your character ducks down preparing to jump)
2) after 4 seconds it automaticly releases to a super jump. The longer you hold it the higher you jump (keep in mind these are HIGHER then normal jumps)
3) the super jump is 2 to 3 times higher and Faster then the normal jump
4) mini jumping- simply tap jump to perform a small jump which is very usefull when low on ki.
5) How it can be used?
a) You get knocked into a wall you can aim where you wish to jump
b) You can aim where u want to jump when on the ground..
c) you can hold beams when jumping.. Imagine Jump several feet into the air with a kameha or a gen beam catching your enemy off gaurd.
d) You should be able to charge beams when holding onto the wall too.
e) the team could add a tranformation during the jump ( very nice eye candy )
f) The jump will add more to "Ground GamePlay" something esf is missing greatly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TlV8X037tA8

watch the video @ 00:51 to see what the jump would look like

Force Pit Member
Best answers
2.) I actually suggested something similar once. Again without charging. In my version all you do is press the duck key (same you use for swoop down default control) and hit a direction. That lets you leap in that direction. Again no charge and no stuck to the ground. Nice tactical to ^^
That one I like. Being able to do a quick leap in a direction.

There should be a new feature too, i might start a new thread, if anyone has played a game called gunz, you can run along side walls. It would be fun if u could do it in esf (not just bounce off the wall, or get stuck moving when you run into a hill or mountain.)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2) The Leap (Super Jump): If you happen to be running around and want to quickly go from point a to b (let's pretend a and b are relatively close), you can hold jump (you don't have to be stationary), release and leap over to wherever the hell you're going.
yeah, thats the general idea. i really want this is so we can have more of a ground melee kind of option also.

as for teh jumping and the initial jump (like on the youtube video jinx provided which would be an example of a forward leap) jinx pretty much summed it up. i just want to get the point across that you are in NO WAY stuck to the ground. the jump has a very fast charge to it, and its alot more real than to do a foot spring and go flying 200 feet in the air. but if you guys dont think its a great idea i can get past that one, its the leap im really going for.

There should be a new feature too, i might start a new thread, if anyone has played a game called gunz, you can run along side walls. It would be fun if u could do it in esf (not just bounce off the wall, or get stuck moving when you run into a hill or mountain.)
that actually is a good idea. you can run up the walls a short way and be able to jump off (only steep walls and canyons)

i wanted to get a video of spiderman doing wall jumps UP the wall but i cant find one anywhere, if anyone can find it please post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom