Job Interview Tips

Best answers
Ok im 17, yesterday i went out looking for a job (And yes this is my first job ever). I went out to Mcdonalds and asked for a appplication, it turns out they were hiring and decided to interview me on the spot.

Everything was going pretty well at first, i was making direct eye contact with him (It was hard considering his eye issues) , I was dressed Respectlyand everything, but then he got to the 2 main questions which basically would decided if he would hire me or not. Those question were

Why Do you think i should Hire You?!?..

What Can you do to better my Buisness?!?..

I froze up, i had no idea what to say, i mean its bad enough i was nervous since it was and interview. (and a embrassing one at that because i didnt no mcdonalds give job interviews) And well i just think if i couldve awsner those 2 questions without any hesitation and studdering or anything that i couldve possibly had the job.

But i didnt know what to say, then he said too me.

Interviewer: Wait..i bet ur like everyone else..you probally think we just flip pattys on the grill right?!?

Me: Uhh Yea..Pretty Much i mean i guess you clean up as well and stuff

Interviewer: Well its much deeper than that..and listen here young man, if i told u the salery here it would trip you out..

Me: Uhh..yea..0_0

Interviewer: Its all about Good Quality Serving here, have u ever been to a resturant and had bad service how would that make u feel?

Me: I would guess that would make me pretty mad

Interviewer: Nods* Now have u ever been to a good place and had good service now how did that make u feel?!?

Me: Umm...Pretty Good (duh)

Interviewer: Hmm...............(stays quiet for 20 seconds) Ok give me ur number and if i decided that u were one of my best canidates than ill give you a call..

So thats pretty much how the interview went, and im sure some of u guys on the fourm have alot experinces and i was wondering if you could give me any type of tips for my next job interview that i might have so that i could be more prepared since that was just my first job interview. :]

Best answers
First off try and know a little more about the place that you are going to interview for. It shows them that you took the time to look into there business and see what they are about and what they do.

Best answers
well for the what can u do for me question, BS THAT CRAP! lol i got asked something similar to that and said "I could help and try to work as fast and productive as i can and if i am able to, i will help out fellow workers" and why do you think i should hire you? lol thats simple, BECAUSE U NEED PPL! any way also its mcdonalds lol thats NOT good service so if he asked me that i would say "let me think.....it was last thursday when i was here and got a chocolate shake and it tasted like every flavor they had EXCEPT chocolate...." so next time just dont studder, shake and move around to much.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first know what you're gonna say, talking whitout knowing what you're gonna say is no good.
second take a jop where you have experiance(if you have some \o/)
and alway's be like a verry active man so don't sit like a tired man.

most inportent is be prepairt for what you can get.

that's all i can say in english, good luck

Sound Artist
Best answers
You probably didn't get the job at Mcdonalds and the other people are right. Make sure you do your homework on the job. Resumes help, even if you fill out an application. I suppose that place is decent start but you can do a lot better with 0 experience. Warehouses usually give 40+ hours, benefits, overtime, ect. Construction is a bit rough but they pay extremely well, as well as garbage disposal. Basically, you want to tell them what they want to hear. If they say something like, "Why Do you think i should Hire You?!?" a good answer is probably something along the lines of, "I'm a good/hard worker, always on time, work well with others, use time wisely" things like that. Saying all that will pretty much answer his second question, "What can you do to better my Buisness". If you really want to work at good ol' McDonalds, i suggest calling back and asking to speak to your interviewer. Thank him for the interview and ask him if there is any progress on the hirings (makes it sound like you're really interested). Be prepared to answer any on the spot questions. Good luck.

Best answers
Im not sure if it's different where you live. But getting a job in a place like Mcdonalds is not usually hard.
Some franchisee are jackasses though. Just don't give up because you don't get your first , second or even third job.

p.s : like the new naruto avatar freedom, its "eye catching"

Best answers
Goten-son said:
well for the what can u do for me question, BS THAT CRAP! lol i got asked something similar to that and said "I could help and try to work as fast and productive as i can and if i am able to, i will help out fellow workers" and why do you think i should hire you? lol thats simple, BECAUSE U NEED PPL! any way also its mcdonalds lol thats NOT good service so if he asked me that i would say "let me think.....it was last thursday when i was here and got a chocolate shake and it tasted like every flavor they had EXCEPT chocolate...." so next time just dont studder, shake and move around to much.
LMao!!! yea that has happen before...

And i thought Mc Donalds was a pretty easy job to get, espically if ur 18 or over all u need is a good application and food handeling card i didnt even know they did job interviews ^^" Anyway try going somewhere else usally subway is hiring alot doing the summer or maybe a K-mart and CVS Pharmacy. You also picked the bad time to go job hunting, i did that in feburary that way when summer comes around i dont have to be out looking everywhere for one and im already assured to have one when schools out. So anyway good luck!!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all about your demeanor and facial expressions....

Walk in that place feeling like 100 bucks... tell them you can do anything and are a fast learner. You have to show a certain amount of determination to them... or they feel they are hiring with an uncertainity.

Best answers
First of all let me say Thankz to everyone who responded your helping quite abit so Thank You Everyone :]

Also, sango you were right they were hiring at subway so i grabbed an application and filled it out but right now im stuck on my last 5 questions thats stoping me from finishing the application so hopefully you guys will know the awsner heres the questions.

A. A customer complains that he was short changed by you receiving only 13cents change from $2.00 instead of 31cents. What would you do?!?

B: Which do you consider more important as far as a resturant is concerned- courteous, prompt service or a quality product?!?

C: What do you consuder to be the most important qualifications of a Subway employee?!?

D: You are working alone and your shift is due to be over at 6 P.M. The individual who is scheduled to begin working at 6 P.M dose not show up. What do you do?!?

And finally, E: Are you able to perform essential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation?!?

If would be very helpful if some of you could help me awsner these then i will stop bugging you guys :laff: since this is more of personal problem than a public but i dont have anyone else to ask since i live with my grandmother and her vison is not too good so im trying the best i can.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A: tell him you are not dyslexic (sp?), but ask to see the change in question... if he shows you 13 cents give him the correct change.... hell even if he was lying its only 31 cents....

B: quality product

C: courteous, prompt service

D: Keep working and but report the mis-conduct

E: not quite sure what that means... id say without cuz its what they probably want to hear...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anime Legend said:
A. A customer complains that he was short changed by you receiving only 13cents change from $2.00 instead of 31cents. What would you do?!?

B: Which do you consider more important as far as a resturant is concerned- courteous, prompt service or a quality product?!?

C: What do you consuder to be the most important qualifications of a Subway employee?!?

D: You are working alone and your shift is due to be over at 6 P.M. The individual who is scheduled to begin working at 6 P.M dose not show up. What do you do?!?

E: Are you able to perform essential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation?!?
A: You count the change out again infront of the person to show no error was made or if there was an error correct it and appologize for it.

B: Neather if a resturant must maintain a balance of both fast and polite service and quality food. With out one area the other is a waste.

C: Polite and fast service with the ability to work well in a fast and timely manner

D: Keep working and but report the mis-conduct to the manager in charge

E: Id think everyone would like it with but it shouldnt be necessary

Best answers
i didnt really understand question E could you explain it with a litte more detail surely its more info than that for that questions :confused: o_O

KyoKusanagi

K
A. If it was here in Australia - i'd say he's crazy - the one and two cent pieces have been out of circulation for 11 years.

B: Ideally both but im tempted to say quality product.

C: Efficient, Friendly and Hygenic (very important) service.

D: Stay on working until they show up and let them know that you won't cover for them next time.

E: Im stuck on this question aswell.

Best answers
Sorry about Question E everyone, i got kinda lazy but here was the full question for E.

E: The secreatary of Health & Human Services has determined that certain diesases, including heapatitus A, typhoid Fever (Salmonella typhi), Shigellosis (Shigella spp.), and E coli (Escherichia coli 0157:H7) may prevent you from serving food or handling food equipment and Utensisls in a Sanitary and Healthy Fasion. An essential function of this job involves handling & Service food, food service equipment and utensils in a sanitart and healthy fashion. Are you able to perform the esssential functions of this job with or without a reasonable accommodation?!? Yes or no !!! If Yes Explain.......

So thats the last one i having trouble with hibiki kyo and pain pretty much awsnered the other questions for me (Thankz by the way) so i guess thats the one thats left.

KyoKusanagi

K
Basically it means are you living in such conditions that make you a walking biological weapon of mass destruction. More correctly it means are your living conditions adequate enough to ensure a high level of personal hygiene and healthiness or does your living conditions create risks to working at Subway.

Best answers
Ha..my enviorment alone creates risk for subway.. :laff: nah really but my lifestyle or living conditions dosent create any type of risk for subway whatsoever.

Lid

L
Tell them you don't need to worry about any diseases, because you have aids. By aids you mean gloves etc. but they already know that so after you say you have aids sit there staring them in the face for 10 minutes. Then say "so who wants some sex/"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one question, where do you live.
becours in holland are thows questions nonsence, just have a paper for a resterant and be friendly.
when they see that you're to hated they fired you, simple ass pie.
the only work you can have whitout paper is postman(i do untill the new bike shop is done, i'm a bike fixer you know)

Best answers
niobe said:
one question, where do you live.
becours in holland are thows questions nonsence, just have a paper for a resterant and be friendly.
when they see that you're to hated they fired you, simple ass pie.
the only work you can have whitout paper is postman(i do untill the new bike shop is done, i'm a bike fixer you know)

I live in The U.S. (Detroit,Michigan) and i wish it did work like that here :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom