It's official: SIXAXIS Has Rumble.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems rumble is definitely making an appearance at the Tokyo Game Show. While playing the latest build of Burnout Paradise, IGN's staff noticed that the game was giving them some good vibrations -- through a controller. It was a PS3 controller that was a bit heavier than the SIXAXIS and had a funky "Rumble" sticker attached to it. It's believed to only be a prototype, as the rumble technology seemed fairly similar to the PS2 technology. With this bit of news, we expect the formal unveiling of the official, new, rumbling Sixaxis during Kaz Hirai's keynote speech tomorrow.

PS3Fanboy

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, a awesome mediacenter with a remote control that can vibrate!

About time though, for a advanced system like the PS3, missing something simple like that.. makes you wonder what those guys at sony were smoking

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does the 360 controller vibrate? it's been so long since i played mine that i don't remember lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, a awesome mediacenter with a remote control that can vibrate!

About time though, for a advanced system like the PS3, missing something simple like that.. makes you wonder what those guys at sony were smoking
It's a brlliant marketing strategy. Every PS3 owner now has to buy a new controller to have rumble.
But I don't really care if my controller virbrates or not.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a brlliant marketing strategy. Every PS3 owner now has to buy a new controller to have rumble.
But I don't really care if my controller virbrates or not.
Well vibrate is kinda core to certain games. While I doubt there will be a sequel to Rez, if there were, it'd be less fun w/o rumble. Man. A PS3 sequel to Rez would be godlike.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad they included it.

I can't enjoy my games if I don't have a big piece of vibrating plastic in my hands.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vibrating controllers have always seemed so pointless to me. They're distracting as hell, and really don't add anything to the experience for me. They're just annoying.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vibrating controllers have always seemed so pointless to me. They're distracting as hell, and really don't add anything to the experience for me. They're just annoying.
It's a impressive sight, when a huge enemy stomps on the ground.
It feels even bigger if the controller vibrates when that happens too.

Little stuff like that.. makes me love rumble

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going to suck for Sony's marketing department.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EVERYTHING nowadays sucks for Sony's marketing department. :p

First, when Immersion sued them and they took out Rumble, they claimed they did so because it would be too big of a battery drain. Way to lie to your fans to cover up your own ****, Sony.

And now they're bringing back Rumble, without much in the way of a huge announcement, probably because people would be lolling at Sony. Well, moreso than they are now, I mean.

But yes, I am glad it's back, it's just that the circumstances around it were rather amusing.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Signed. They really need to get their marketing act back together. Even I, with no formal training, would put my foot in my mouth less. But again, rumble is ALWAYS a good thing.

Best answers
Makes me sad when i watch my old PS1 controller that are rumble free and doesnt even even have analog joysticks. Maybe i could sell them to some antique shop?
And half agree with Spunky, vibration is just annoying in certain games. While the vibration was greatly controlled in games like Metal Gear, some games vibration annoyed the hell out of me. Just try to Play FF10 with vibrations on and watch Yuna summon Bahamut with the controller in your hands. My hands felt sore after every battle i used summons in. (every time the controller vibrated, it did so with full power...)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does the 360 controller vibrate? it's been so long since i played mine that i don't remember lol.
Yeah, it does. As for Sony.. good job on implementing stuff that should've already been in there. Sony pretty much developed the whole Rumble feature thing, I found it silly from the start that they didn't include it.

But hey, who am I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom