Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Good times.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think I can stress how excited I was for that day. I was so excited that I still remember the date the game was released (hence this topic).

Discovering ESF is either the worst thing to happen to me or the best. I'm still not sure.

Best answers
I wonder what Aurum will have to say about this travesty!

That's a mighty long time ago...... I missed 1.2.3 but I wont miss Final! Off and on for a couple years I searched for DBZ mods and the only one I found was bid for power, just found this one in December of 2011 8( Did I mention that this was a mighty long time ago?

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, I remember the release party for 1.2... doesn't even feel like it was that long ago. I was begging to be voiced in irc lolol.

I also remember the Half-Life Radio interview where the release date for 1.2 was announced, that was pretty cool. fun fact: i was one of the little kids on that show~

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Has it been that long, already?

I remember "training" in 1.1, and spending countless hours practicing the second 1.2 came out. Those were good days.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I wasn't part of the release parties or the exact release days, but I enjoyed the game back then. For me, however, it was just another HL1 mod I played lan with a few friends alongside NS/TS, Sven, Wizards and whatnot. Started playing again once a month or so in 06-08. 2009 I discovered the community for real :cool:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Has it been that long, already?

I remember "training" in 1.1, and spending countless hours practicing the second 1.2 came out. Those were good days.
Me and Fire Phoenix used to have training sessions in 1.1 where we'd practice hitting someone, doing the 50 teleports to get in front of the guy, or teleport all the way up, and hit him again. Once you put the work into it, and it actually worked, it was ******* amazing. When 1.2 came out, it felt so sluggish that the second hit was guaranteed, so whatever skill I gained over time was just from playing the game. I didn't spent a lot of time practicing. I do miss the old community, though. By 08 or so, the game was pretty much dead to me, and the forum wasn't doing so hot, either.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Me and Fire Phoenix used to have training sessions in 1.1 where we'd practice hitting someone, doing the 50 teleports to get in front of the guy, or teleport all the way up, and hit him again. Once you put the work into it, and it actually worked, it was ******* amazing. When 1.2 came out, it felt so sluggish that the second hit was guaranteed, so whatever skill I gained over time was just from playing the game. I didn't spent a lot of time practicing. I do miss the old community, though. By 08 or so, the game was pretty much dead to me, and the forum wasn't doing so hot, either.
Yeah, I stayed in the game but it was never the same after 1.1. I definitely remember that first time I managed to purposefully do a double hit. That shit was ******* magical.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
In one month, it'll be 10 years since I signed up on this forum. And I'd been playing the game for at least one year before that point.

I'm expecting a surprise party from you guys. With presents.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Yeah, I stayed in the game but it was never the same after 1.1. I definitely remember that first time I managed to purposefully do a double hit. That shit was ******* magical.
That shi* was damn near impossible. Only ever did it maybe just a few times... On accident too.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Bind teleport to mouse wheel, baby.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I did that for a month or two, but it was really akin to cheating. It was like instant transmission.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, have fun jamming your g key with 56k.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Always with the excuses.

Wah, I have 600 ping.

******* scrub.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
10 years later, its why I still do nothing but swoop.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I remember when the 1.1 linux client was released about a week or two before the windows version, so the servers would get up and running and be ready for 1.1s release.

Then someone found out that the client worked with windows so 1.1s release got messed up. I remember myself and a few others playing on a 1.1 server, the team was all pissed and just like "**** it" and joined the server. Was really awesome when a few pubbies and I were all playing (as Trunks, dat sword yo) then PcJoe, Mastasurf, Valkyrie_Alpha, and a bunch of testers rushed into our server. It was really awesome.

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
At that time... i was just discovering ESF and playing with classmates on lan. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom