Isolated tribe spotted in Brazil

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it me or do you think these guys would make excellent workers in a chocolate factory?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it fascinating that they are referred to as an exotic endangered species of animal in the article. I also find it somewhat ironic and refreshing to see a movement being made to protect a 'savage' culture from intervention by the outside world, rather than to move in and modernize it. Is that really the right decision to make? If we think it would be best to leave this culture to its own devices, why not larger cultures, like the middle eastern nations?

Best answers
I find it fascinating that they are referred to as an exotic endangered species of animal in the article. I also find it somewhat ironic and refreshing to see a movement being made to protect a 'savage' culture from intervention by the outside world, rather than to move in and modernize it. Is that really the right decision to make? If we think it would be best to leave this culture to its own devices, why not larger cultures, like the middle eastern nations?
Because we don't have any relation to this tribe.

The middle east does have a substantial impact in the world and thus should be on an equal level of humanity and civilization as other countries, they interact.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If we think it would be best to leave this culture to its own devices, why not larger cultures, like the middle eastern nations?
They aren't situated on top of oil either, I imagine, or at least we don't know it yet.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are talking about "we" like we're the Brazilian government. Gas over there is what? A buck? It has nothing to do with them not having oil, as gas isn't a big deal in South America considering how plentiful it is. It has to do with preserving a tribe that has existed for The Nix knows how long without ever interacting with the outside world. Suddenly driving into their villages, while speaking a foreign language would completely throw them off balance. They're being protected for the same reasons we shouldn't mess with those animals in Malaysia or wherever who had had such little contact with humans, that they weren't afraid of the scientists who found them.

The Middle East is a completely different situation. They want to be on the world stage, they want to sell us what they have, they want to profit from what they sell, and they've been part of the "civilized world" for about as long as modern man has existed.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, their ****ed. I also am a little upset that the Chinese are in part responsible for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom