Is there anyone who's interested in XB360?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was honestly hoping for more out of it. I'm not going to get it (getting PS3 but I'm partial). I had a chance to see a demo model last night at the local best buy. Result: Unimpressed. COD2, while the models and effects were sextastic, the maps were very current gen, minus the water effects. Granted it played VERY smoothly, and it's possible that COD2 is a bad example of what it can do, I dunno. Everything really seems current gen to me, and on the whole, there haven't been many xbox games I've wanted to play aside from Fable, KotOR series, etc. Still, I hope it's able to compete since compettition is always good for the market (though it sometimes leads to one console getting gipped for a game, grrrrr).

-Karrde-

Best answers
its interesting my views have flipped pretty much 180. originally i played and liked ps2 the most, gamecube in the middle and x box i only played for halo/doa. But as the years have gone on i'm finding less and less good ps2 games and more and more good x box games. I also find that unless its a fighting game i actually prefer the x box as my console of choice. i'm very interested in the 360(thought not as much as the revolution), and ps3 is the one i'm least excited for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I had a chance to see a demo model last night at the local best buy. Result: Unimpressed. COD2, while the models and effects were sextastic, the maps were very current gen, minus the water effects. Granted it played VERY smoothly, and it's possible that COD2 is a bad example of what it can do, I dunno.
Ya, COD2 probably isn't a good example of the 360's capabilites, you should take a look at some of the high quality videos of Perfect Dark Zero at gametrailers (X05 Cam Gameplay 3 HD is a good one). It's come a loooooong way from those early screenshots, and if you think that looks current gen, well i'll just have to shoot you :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can sum up my interests in three words...

Gears of War

The game looks awesome. Plus, I won a few one from that every ten minute contest :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I was honestly hoping for more out of it. I'm not going to get it (getting PS3 but I'm partial). I had a chance to see a demo model last night at the local best buy. Result: Unimpressed. COD2, while the models and effects were sextastic, the maps were very current gen, minus the water effects. Granted it played VERY smoothly, and it's possible that COD2 is a bad example of what it can do, I dunno. Everything really seems current gen to me, and on the whole, there haven't been many xbox games I've wanted to play aside from Fable, KotOR series, etc. Still, I hope it's able to compete since compettition is always good for the market (though it sometimes leads to one console getting gipped for a game, grrrrr).

-Karrde-
COD2 is basically a port from the PC, which obviously can't have near the graphics as XBox2/PS3 due to so many different combinations of hardware. As you guessed, I wouldn't use it as a representative of what the X2 will be putting out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i got a question, where the hell do you people just get the $400+ for these systems. you guys say oh yeah ill just get the 360 and the ps3 so casually like money isnt even a factor.

wtf is wrong with you poeple thats a new computer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jobs? Allowance? Rich parents?

You could buy a new PC, but it depends on the kind of games you play. FPS and RTS is obviously best played on a PC, but Beat 'em Ups, Platformers and Action Adventure I find to be better on consoles due to control system. Another thing I like about consoles is that you know any game you buy can run on the system, you don't have to keep upgrading for the latest games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
i got a question, where the hell do you people just get the $400+ for these systems. you guys say oh yeah ill just get the 360 and the ps3 so casually like money isnt even a factor.

wtf is wrong with you poeple thats a new computer
You've got to understand that $400 won't get you NEAR the same level of detail in games as it would in a console ;).

KyoKusanagi

K
I've been tempted to get a 360 for Dead Rising (working title - from Capcom) - a new breed of surivival horror game inspired by Dawn Of The Dead.

You play a journalist (Frank) who runs into a town infested with zombies. From what I've seen and heard, the majority of the game takes place in a shopping centre where Frank can utilise items around him as weapons or as other useful items. E.g. baseball bats, parasol, garbage can, cash register etc.

The real twist in this seems to be that in order to get a higher end of game ranking, you often need to make hard decisions whether or not to get the "scoop" picture - like whether or not to save the person in danger of being eaten by zombies, or stand there and take a picture.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/651/651659p1.html

This is definitely a game ill be hanging out for and if its an X-box 360 exclusive, i might just have to get and X-Box 360 for it.

Best answers
Well judging from the video's that game really does look pretty good, kinda simple though. The game really looks like it was inspired by games like " Evil dead " and movies like " Dawn of the Dead ". Anyone know the full list of the XB360 Launch titles?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see what detail has to do with anythign a game could look like sex but still be crappy as hell.

ill take 2d pixels over 3d orgasmo graphics anyday

Best answers
I personally haven't even considered where I'll get the money to buy a PS3 aswell. I'm just hoping that I'll be able to get one somehow. ie - birthday money, christmas present, money falling from the sky etc. I think when most people here say they're going to get all three next gen consoles, they mean they want all three next gen consoles. I think it's a bit early to be planning where the money is going to come from.

Best answers
Meh, it seems that people are study attacking/making fun of 360, this is like their 4th show on G4 doing it and study praising everything else. Look at this video.

http://media.putfile.com/G4_AOTS36

:) It sucks when people are looking to hear some good out of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
i dont see what detail has to do with anythign a game could look like sex but still be crappy as hell.
much like women in that respect.

i do agree with what your saying though, contra still has more than most modern games =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
much like women in that respect.

i do agree with what your saying though, contra still has more than most modern games =P
:3 You wouldn't believe how many hours I've wasted, playing Contra. 2P Mode FTW! o/

A lot of games nowadays are getting too complicated or simply copy what others have done countless times before, resulting in a mediocre game that offers little fun. It's hard nowadays to find a game that makes you go on a good cussing spree and makes you toss your controller around the room. :p

I have some more hope for the next generation of consoles. Sadly, though, not for the 360. A bit more for the PS3, and most for the Revo, which is actually trying something entirely new for a change. And about time, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ja, i plan on getting an Xbox 360, but after crimbo. I wanna play Conkers Bad Fur Day 2, Perfect Dark 0 and Kameo \o/. CBFD was a legend :D hours upon hours of countless fun, both with single player and multiplayer \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom