Is Sadam really captured this time? (Merged threads)

Back From The Dead
Best answers
its funny cause they found him in a hole. he just gave up he didnt even have a gun or any $$$$, and he looks like a bum. :laff: lol :laff:

ALL HAIL THE KING OF THE BUMS!!! LOL

Best answers
SteveoDBGT said:
its funny cause they found him in a hole. he just gave up he didnt even have a gun or any $$$$, and he looks like a bum. :laff: lol :laff:
he had a gun and $750,000 worth of cash

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SteveoDBGT said:
Exactly what Jaredster said, he had a pistol $750,000 in increments of $100 bills, and he also had 2 guards. 2 Ak-47's were also found in the hole. And trust me, if you've been hiding for as long as he did (and if you can grow a beard) you'd look like that too.

Best answers
i think they have had him for a while and where waiting to tell ever one.. but mabe this is just me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What a plan eh?

"If we lose war, i hide in hole in the middle of nowhere, and hope everything turns out.."

good one sadaam :laff:

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crime? CRIME? How about invding kuwait and killing a buttload of people. How about bombing his own country killing millions of kurds and injuring even more. How about murdering anyone who wouldnt follow him? Forcing kids to learn crap about him that was all made up? Mass murder in an 8 year war with Iran?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even our government forces kids to learn things in elementary school that ends up disproven in college history classes (with regards to our old relationship with Europe and the way they try to paint a big rosy picture on Thanksgiving, all of that garbage), and it isn't like we didn't mass murder a bunch of mexicans or indians to get where we are, not to mention that our government has been caught testing biological weapons on our own military servicemen in the past. So what did he do that was so wrong by American standards?

Correct Answer: He didn't have a relationship with the US as secure as Saudi Arabia did when we were lashing out trying to blow everybody off of the map because of 9/11.

Best answers
This is just a little bit of info, but he can't be tired for his crimes in the USA because he never commited a crime here...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was already "tried and sentenced" by the US. We came in and took his country.

Best answers
bout time we cought him....the only that sucks is bush is gonna be held as one of the best pres. proly now an hes the worst...in a way

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|DaK|AsSAsSiN|KaD| said:
bout time we cought him....the only that sucks is bush is gonna be held as one of the best pres. proly now an hes the worst...in a way
President Bush is gonna be held as one of the best presidents when it was the military who found him?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
President Bush is gonna be held as one of the best presidents when it was the military who found him?
Well he had the highest approval rating since Lincoln (is that the right one?) after his bullhorn speech following 9/11, and should we have awarded him all of that popularity just for having a big mouth? Americans blame any of their country's failures and attribute any of its success to its president. They shouldn't, but that's how the game is played. How big of a "success" is finding this dictator? The people will decide that. I think we'll see a jump in his popularity again pretty fast here, it's just a question of whether it will jump enough to save his presidency for another term. I hope it isn't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bush is ok i guess, but he needs to stop this bull $hit about giving millions and millions of dollars to the hobos in iraq to help rebuild there city that we destroyd, its a huge waste of money and he was stupid for destroying there city [lets blow up there cities and then rebuild it , yay!! sounds like fun].
<p>he is yet another sucker for charity cases. we need a black president really soon, or mabye a female president [just something differant]. i dont know im just glad they got that basterd.yay!!!
<p>well bush is doing an ok job.[he helped get suddom so thats good]
<p>one more thing about that money in iraq.. we got tons of poor peeps here that need shelter and food, bush needs to think of the country he is running and the others later.

Back From The Dead
Best answers
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- For a man who killed tens of thousands of people and tortured his enemies, Saddam Hussein was taken into custody in a surprisingly peaceful manner, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said Sunday night on CBS' "60 Minutes."

Eight months after Baghdad fell, U.S. soldiers found the disheveled former leader of Iraq six feet under, hiding in a hole in the ground. Saddam was captured Saturday night about nine miles from his hometown of Tikrit and on the other side of the Tigris River from one of his lavish palaces.

Saddam had a pistol but was taken into custody without firing it.

"Here was a man who was photographed hundreds of times shooting off rifles and showing how tough he was, and in fact, he wasn't very tough, he was cowering in a hole in the ground, and had a pistol and didn't use it and certainly did not put up any fight at all," Rumsfeld said.

"In the last analysis, he seemed not terribly brave," he said.

About 600 soldiers of the 1st Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, and special operations forces of Task Force 121 conducted the raid in Ad Dawr, near a group of ramshackle buildings. They found Saddam hiding in a 6-to-8 foot deep hole, equipped with a basic ventilation system and covered with bricks and dirt.

"No way he could fight back," said Maj. Gen. Raymond Odierno, commander of the 4th Infantry Division, which helped carry out the raid. (Gallery: Saddam's capture) "He was caught like a rat." (Audio Slide Show: The capture of Saddam Hussein)

U.S. forces found weapons and about $750,000 in U.S. $100 bills with the former dictator, said Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, who leads coalition troops in Iraq. Troops also found two AK-47s, a pistol and a white and orange taxi.

Saddam's capture likely has cut off one source of funding for insurgent attacks against coalition forces, Rumsfeld said.

"He was found with a sizable amount of money," he said. "And one of the things that the Saddam Hussein family and his clique of intimates were doing is they were providing money to people to go out and engage in acts against the coalition and the Iraqi people, so that's ended."

The deposed Iraqi leader has been moved out of Iraq, The Associated Press reported Sunday night.

Rumsfeld said the United States has not yet decided whether to classify Saddam as a prisoner of war. But Rumsfeld said the United States would abide by the Geneva Conventions in its treatment of him.

More than 24 hours after his capture, the interrogation of the uncooperative Saddam has not yielded much information, Rumsfeld said.

"I think it's a bit early to try to characterize his demeanor beyond that," he said.

Not for members of the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council, who visited Saddam Sunday and found him "tired and haggard, unrepentant, even defiant."

Four members of the council who were taken to see Saddam after his capture by U.S. troops said Saddam insisted he was "a just but firm ruler."

Asked about thousands killed and dumped in mass graves, Saddam dismissed his victims as "thieves," said one council member.

"He was not apologetic. He was sarcastic and making a mockery of Iraqi people," said one member of the council.
For people who are too lazy to read its about the capture of Saddam from CNN.

they found him by himself cause they cant fit three people in the hole. i watched the report by Donald Rumsfeld (i dont know if it was him) on CNN. And about the gun, i was wrong about that. he had one and the cash but it wasnt in the hole with him.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
ya cuz if he didnt send our troops in we wouldnt have him.... :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw an image of him in the news papers down here in Florida,
the one image they showed of him didn't look like him at all. I'd
probably would've saved him though, atleast I could end my
miserable life in shame. Im so fricken bored!

Best answers
You people have really messed up views on politics and foreign policy...I wonder sonic, what would you have done were you president after 9/11, sat there and done nothing? Yeah war sucks, but its a necessary evil in the world today. Neoboy, the reason we are pumping so much money in Iraq is because we are assuming that it will pay off. Iraq is the world's premire oil distributor, and if we are the ones who help rebuild, we get the best shots at the cheapest oil. So you liberal *******s ***** about how the war is completely motivated by oil...hardly...but even if it was, how would you feel if the oil supply from Iraq completely stopped, then you would be paying close to four or five dollars for a gallon of gas, assuming you are old enough to drive, I don't think you would enjoy that so much...but then again isn't that the job of liberals? To piss and moan about every single little thing so that no one is ever happy with anything?

Anyways, Saddam's reign of terror is over for the Iraqi people, I hope this goes well for their country, and I hope that ******* gets what he deserves.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brim you aren't making any sense. I never said Bush was wrong to say something after 9/11, I said the American People are mentally deficient and they allowed what he said to affect their judgement of him, as though he changed as a president.

And I don't think we were after oil, I think we were just power hungry and trying to flex our muscle; that's all there was to it. There was no justification for going to war and destroying another culture. You conservatives who keep trying to say "we attacked him because he was a bad man" have no legs to stand on. There are a million other dictators, Saddam was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm having second thoughts on leaving this thread opened like I did. I made a mistake by not just following the rule on No Political Threads...

My fault...

:closed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom