Is Ki real?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I beleive we were the only people (the believers) above that brought arguments based on fact to the conversation, thank you.

That is my opinion, but it is one I based on fact and supported with coherent arguments. Not . . .

"Ki IS NOT REAL"
or
"It's just a show"

Not one cohesive argument was made against Ki's exsistance. If you have unearthed some new truthes, by all means, add them to the discussion. If not, shove off :p and find some.

My,"opinion" is more like a theory, with supporting facts and arguments.

Best answers
Ki is real! I even have an article at home that proves it.
Some scientist decided one day to put a radioactif fluid in one of the accupuncture points of the body. So that they could see through which bloodvessels it would go. They noticed the strangest thing. The path that the fluid took didn't correspond to the blood vessels that ecxist in the body and they also didn't correspond to the nerve system.

So that meant they discovered the ki flow in our body.
Unless you have an other great explanation for this. I would be glad to hear it :D

Best answers
There is acutally a form of ki, it is a practice in the Far East, but it doesnt involve flying aroung of shootin the Sh!t out of stuff with cool fireworks, although i wish itd be.

Btw-ki actually means energy, so if there was no such thing as ki, we would all be dead.
Broly, just because the fluid didnt go into the bloodvessels, or nervous system doest mean that Ki flows through our body, it just means they did the acupuntcure wrong, its not meant to go into muscle.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The barium test may have seen the opening/widening of bloodvessels that were to small to let the fluid through. Channeling ki can increase/decrease bloodflow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes cucumba is right not one of u have said a good reason why ki isnt real...

i mean the most anyone has said is that its all made up or god says it cant exist..

comeon if u want to prove somthing show some evedience!

Best answers
How about my evidence is that all you're saying is Theory? You dont have and hard data.
***Asuming Ki is real***
I also believe that if ki was real then it would have played A HUGE part in the history books...but does anyone speak about ki? No. Furthermore I believe that if ki was real NO student learning to control their ki would ever flaunt it either! It would be more of a secret martial art. Not world renound.

***keep flames at minimum***

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by TIS Son Goku
How about my evidence is that all you're saying is Theory? You dont have and hard data.
***Asuming Ki is real***
I also believe that if ki was real then it would have played A HUGE part in the history books...but does anyone speak about ki? No. Furthermore I believe that if ki was real NO student learning to control their ki would ever flaunt it either! It would be more of a secret martial art. Not world renound.

***keep flames at minimum***
It does, ever read a Chinese or Japanese history book? How about a book about martial prowess? No, obviously you haven't. And last I checked, the victor writes history, and that was the good old gun loving United States, twice.

I beleive that kills your first argument. Go ahead and cite some references. I dare ya.

What, again did you study as a martial artist? I have studied, and I don't flaunt my ki. I don't deny it's exsistance either. That would be as much a diservice as out right telling everyone on the streets.

I have studied my martial art very hard, and base my arguments on facts that no one has apparently bothered to read. Would this mod be around if harSens didn't read his C++ book because it was too long? If you base your ignorance on laziness you will always fall short of the truth. You don't want to believe, and I can't make you. I just wish that people would open their minds. If you let the "history" that was written for you lead you blind, there wont be any world but the world that was shaped for you. Find the world yourself, and stop letting the scholars find it for you.

Best answers
Ki doesnt play much of a part in Chinese or Japanese history books, but there is some reference to it, and it has been shown widely in Marial Arts books, as in "THE SECRET ART OF KI" or in chinese "THE SECRET ART OF CHI". Try doing research before sputtering.

all you DBZ fans, there are ki attacks, just not massive fireworks such as the Kamehameha, just an attack to knock people on their @sses from 6 feet away, and it takes years to cojure up that much energy, but that time is decreasing with every generation.

Cucmba, i believe you said that you 'have' to have learned a sort of martial arts like ti chi, that isnt actually true, i have studied martial arts for 6 months and gave it up, forgot everything and lost most of the strength i got from it, then i studied ki and i was able to push a shirt off the table after another 16 or 17 months. I got tired after that for a long time.

Best answers
Man.....I don't believe in any of that "Ki" stuff, well....cause it just sounds too fake to me, I mean it would be nice to all be like "Hiyaah!", from a yard away and like have your opponent all crying, but.....to me its just one of those things I just can't see..now maybe!, its like a flood of electrical something rathers going through the air, like after all those years you could manage your bodies energy to exert, from its boundries or...am I just stupid and don't know what im talking about? :)

Best answers
hey Cucumba could you give me online resources to translated Ancient Chinese history books?

Best answers
you say you have evidence yet...you dont give me any...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to click the link for the first page and read my arguments there. Ki/Chi/Qi is constantly mentioned in Chinese/Japanese texts, go look for one. I don't have a title off hand, but anything involving the shaolin monks will do. They still talk about it, even on the Discovery Channel.

Best answers
how can you say Ki is fake!!?!!

there cultres other than the japanese and chinese that have come to under stand this
prana in India, pneuma in ancient Greece, mana in Hawaii,and george lucas was even influced in this way of thinking have you guys ever wondered what the force WAS...lol you see the present and also on the west side wants to have scientific proof that it happens for it to be TRUTH what if science as we know it is wrong and were looking at a 6 not a 9 there have been things science havent been proven what if this is the next to be science FACT

http://www.esalenctr.org/display/confpage.cfm?confid=5&pageid=63&pgtype=1

http://www.geocities.com/~olelo/mana.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
points to bookstore... lol!

funny...

yes there are tons and tons of books and information on ki....

u know this topic is fairly one sided.. i mean here we are give out all these refernces and places to look and all the other people have been doing is saying ki isnt real cause ive never done it... :/

Best answers
there just things in the world who cant yet think outside "science" even though science have been proven wrong so many times before

ultrassj_vegeta

U
ki may b real..but not to the extent of dbz..no one goes round shooting energy balls and beeams and stuff...but in chinese traditions there is something called qi....this is ur energy .....it can be used in fighting and healing.....

Best answers
it's true, some call it KI some call it CHI

thats what is used in Tai Chi... after alot of concentration a Ti Chi Master can knock an opponent down using the energy and not even touching him... but its real.... and if we could work 100% of our brain, we could prolly do DBZ stuff... and more... theoretically with 100% of ur brain you could blow up the moon juss by looking at it.... but thats juss kinda off topic

Best answers
Right, I believe in it, although I'm finding it very hard to do so.
Do I belive there is:

A life-force flowing through all beings? YES
A power that can calm the body? YES

BUT there is just too much evidence in the world to believe in it. Of course, some people do, like me and you guys, but others can't because of what they are told, and what is 'proved'.
People think it is just some old bugger trying to make money.
That is why no one writes it in history books, because the people that study and write those books think that all the ancient writings of Ki are just silly superstitious beliefs. They are not. It is true.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by AreKu
it's true, some call it KI some call it CHI

thats what is used in Tai Chi... after alot of concentration a Ti Chi Master can knock an opponent down using the energy and not even touching him... but its real.... and if we could work 100% of our brain, we could prolly do DBZ stuff... and more... theoretically with 100% of ur brain you could blow up the moon juss by looking at it.... but thats juss kinda off topic

Mental energy and ki are two completely different things.

Take Testuo from Akira as an example....all of his powers came from mental energy. These abilities strain the brain if overused

The things from DBZ are performed using internal energy, or ki. These abilities weaken the body if overused...people only have so much energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom